News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GreatPorcelainWay

GreatPorcelainWay Profile Photo
Member Name: GreatPorcelainWay
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Brooks Atkinson Bathrooms
 Jul 17 2016, 11:09:14 AM

Leaf Coneybear said: "Honestly this isn't just a problem for this particular theater. It's a problem for every one I've been to and it's a huge problem that doesn't have an easy fix 

"

Well, that's kind of the point of our blog! 

I do wish there was something to be done, but I don't know where that money would come from.

I'm sorry to admit I'm jealous I wasn't there when BroadwayNYC 2 saw all that

Jul 16 2016, 12:16:44 PM

LizzieCurry said: "Aren't a lot of theatres having intermission last 18 to 20 minutes now, but only telling people it's 15, for this very reason?

"

I've really got to start looking into that. looks like I've got to get a stopwatch...

Jul 16 2016, 12:14:56 PM

I'm glad you enjoy the reviews! I was really surprised by th B.A., especially since I find Nederlander theaters have scored pretty high in the past! 

Jul 16 2016, 09:35:55 AM

I really like to think that they're trying, and obviously there's nothing that can be done in the middle of a run, which is really unfortunate. It makes me wonder, though, the theaters housed the same number of people (relatively) back when they were built... so why is a higher percentage using the restrooms?

I suspect the culprit is allowing drinks in the auditorium. 

Jul 15 2016, 07:32:12 PM

I'm surprised to hear that 12 minutes is a short wait at intermission! That only leaves 3 minutes at either end of the intermission break!

"Reprehensible" is a word choice I can get behind.

thanks for reading!!!! :)

Jul 15 2016, 03:03:46 PM

We're back! We've slowed down our schedule for the summer, and are posting one #BwayBathrooms review per month.

Here for your reading pleasure is our review of the restrooms at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre!

http://www.thegreatporcelainway.com/single-post/2016/07/15/Serving-You-Pie-on-a-PooPoo-Platter-The-Brooks-Atkinson

We love hearing your thoughts, stories and insights on your experiences at the theaters we review, so be sure to let us know in this thread, or on Twitter, Facebook or Snapchat

Happy Flushing!

'A Trip to the Lavatory' Studio 54 Bathroom Review!
 Jun 5 2016, 10:25:54 AM

We're back with a vengeance, giving you all a in-depth review of the restrooms at Studio 54!

Are the bathrooms at the theater as charming as the show? Find out here:

http://www.thegreatporcelainway.com/#!A-Trip-to-the-Lavatory-Studio-54/cmbz/5752f4b30cf24c9615a0f711

As always, thanks for reading and happy flushing! 

REVIEW: American Psycho (well... the bathrooms, anyway.)
 Apr 23 2016, 09:05:04 AM

Now that American Psycho is officially open, every critic has had their say on the show- that is, except one very important critic- us. 

So, were the bathrooms at the Gerald Schoenfeld a horror story, or were they as picturesque as Patrick Bateman?

Find out here!

Happy Flushing!

REVIEW: Bathrooms at the McKittrick Hotel (Sleep No More Off-Bway)
 Apr 8 2016, 02:26:57 PM

We're back with a vengeance this week, as we visited NYC staple, Sleep No More to check out what their bathrooms have to offer.

We were pleasantly surprised, but for the whole story you'll need to read the full review here!

Size-Shaming the Helen Hayes
 Mar 19 2016, 11:26:17 AM

New review up!

The Helen Hayes is that smallest theater on Broadway, and it's bathrooms are... proportional to that.

Here is our latest Broadway Bathroom review where we see some New Jersey Moms, mysterious boxes and do some 'Cirque du Soleil ****'

Thanks for reading!

www.theGreatPorcelainWay.com

Shake your Groove Thang! Nederlander Bathroom Review!
 Mar 12 2016, 08:52:38 AM

10086sunset said: "Happy to see another review! Love these...

Personally found my recent trip to the Nederlander bathroom a disaster. Sorry, couldn't resist. 

The line was legitimately 30 deep.

"

Glad you're enjoying the reviews! Feel free to find us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates!

The lines do get pretty long in the smaller theaters with only one restroom... 

Happy Flushing! 

Shake your Groove Thang! Nederlander Bathroom Review!
 Mar 11 2016, 07:37:16 PM

Anyone remember a story from visiting the restroom at a performance of RENT at the Nederlander?

We couldn't help but imagine what that must've been like.

Hear about that, and much more in our newest review here.

A Tale of Two Potties: Pre-Show Dining
 Mar 5 2016, 11:35:40 AM

We veered from theater bathrooms this week and reviewed the bathrooms of 2 popular pre-show dinner locations!

Enjoy! Let us know what your favorite places to use the bathroom before a show- it's the best way to avoid those lines!

Here it is! Happy Flushing!

REVIEW: Lunt-Fontanne Theatre BATHROOMS
 Feb 24 2016, 12:02:50 PM

lovebwy said: "This is the most disgusting thing I've ever read.

"

Pretty sure it wasn't meant as such, but given our sense of humor, we can't help but take this as the highest compliment possible. 

Feb 24 2016, 10:41:37 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "@ GreatPorcelainWay:

Do yourself a HUGE favor and avoid any more potential "skid marks" on your drawers. Invest in a travel size pack of these:

Proper hygiene is a must. 

"

You have me crying laughing over here.

Sidebar: anyone know if they're handing these out at Hamilton.... those high ticket prices have GOT to cover SOME sort of perk...

Plus they must go through a lot of toilet paper to sop up people's tears during "Quiet Uptown"

Feb 24 2016, 10:13:58 AM

uncageg said: "Mr Roxy said: "Great but spare us the gory details next time. Too much info there .

I agree. Don't need the details of your bowel cleaning or the fact that you did not properly wipe yourself.  I actually stopped reading at that point. Just not needed. 

"

"

Sorry to hear you folks didn't appreciate that little bit of toilet humor. Fret not- it's not always that graphic. 

Feb 24 2016, 09:53:01 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "How do you review a bathroom? Do you bring in a notepad while doing it?

"

That's about the gist of it.

Feb 23 2016, 06:12:11 PM

Here's our latest review- the Lunt-Fontanne's lovely restrooms.

Things get a little personal in this one. Read, laugh enjoy! 

Feel free to comment! We love hearing your Theatre experiences! 

http://bit.ly/1WHfqog

-The Great Porcelain Way

Need a Valentine? The Bathroom at the Broadway may be the place for you!
 Feb 13 2016, 03:01:06 PM

We reviewed the restrooms at the Broadway Theatre and fell in love in the process!

Here's our latest BATHROOM REVIEW!!

Also, feel free to 'like' us on Facebook!

Happy Pooping, With Love!

The Great Porcelain Way!

Review- BATHROOM at the St. James!
 Feb 5 2016, 04:23:21 PM

LizzieCurry said: "The St. James is the only theatre where I have slipped on someone else's non-cleaned-up doody. (It was during Side Show, though.)

"

oh. my. god.

may I have permission to quote you on twitter? That's too funny to not share!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You