News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for orlikethecolorpurple

orlikethecolorpurple Profile Photo
Member Name: orlikethecolorpurple
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 3 2024, 04:11:26 PM

These are all fine takes but it’s an oversimplification to call Cervini an influencer. He’s an author and gay historian. It’s not as if his interest in the musical would be out of left field. 

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 01:24:52 PM

…that’s my point, lol. No one had called for a career to end at that point. It wasn’t in response to “shrieking” or “name calling” or extremism. You simply chose to antagonize people. Own that ****, gramps.

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 12:43:39 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "my point was that only the most extreme, hostile people would want someone banned/career ended because they said something poorly on a podcast and subsequently apologized/clarified their remarks. theres no nuance, no gray areas, no intelligent objection, just shrieking name-calling. exhausting but thankfully irrelevant."

Nothing remotely resembling this had been said before you started with the condescension. So, no, I don’t th

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 09:28:22 AM

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from repercussion. Period.

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 23 2024, 09:15:44 AM

I convinced my boyfriend’s family of 6 to see this. Jordan, you’ve got me terrified that I’ve ruined their trip lol 

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 08:55:22 AM

When someone lols at people stating the very legit reason they wouldn’t be seeing the show, when someone is antagonistic towards those who take issue with racists, I don’t think it’s a stretch to consider they might agree with her views.

But sure, sis. 

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 22 2024, 07:41:20 PM

You and Debra Messing will love the show!

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 22 2024, 07:18:45 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Julianna has great stage presence, is a recognizable face alongside Gallagher, under the EPHRON name/script. Count me in, and lol at the 37 people all mad at her for some comments she apologized for on a podcast."

She “apologized” to black and lqbtq people (despite saying what she said with her full chest), but not for being staunchly Islamophobic. Perhaps you also deem Muslims subhuman? You’re in fine company!

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 22 2024, 03:36:24 PM

The absolute hardest of passes after Margulies’ deranged podcast interview. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Aug 28 2023, 11:37:38 AM

Do we know who is in the role between Jeremy Jordan and Corbin Bleu? Is Joy Woods still on during that time? 

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Nov 22 2022, 06:57:50 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Skip23 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "There are some single seats available for this weekend on the NYTW website."

They are available for $69, $99 and $120. In your dreams.
"

Not sure what this means. There was 1 seat available for Saturday night, and 2 for Sunday night, $149 each. Obviously, they're gone now.
"

Can confirm. Got close to snagging the Saturday s

Lindsay Lohan - Broadway?  Nov 20 2022, 04:29:50 PM

An entire generation of people were raised on Lindsay Lohan, from Parent Trap to Mean Girls, and are actively rooting for her comeback. Their stories may be different but people want her to succeed in the same way they did Pamela. She seems like she’s overcome some demons and I hope she kills it on screen, on stage, wherever.

An epic Fiddler at the Lyric Opera House  Sep 26 2022, 03:19:31 PM

Beyond a vague, unexplored, and ultimately abandoned story framing that involves the Fiddler, it really is just a brilliant production. The evening flew by and felt consistently fresh. 

COVID exposure ticket policies for Suffs  May 1 2022, 03:16:50 PM

iluvtheatertrash said:

"3) Roll your eyes out of your head all you want. Selling a ticket for "A LOT" more than you paid for it is scalping, no matter how you look at it.

4) Don't ever, EVER complain about scalpers if you're doing this kind of stuff.
"

I did and I will roll my eyes. Thanks for the permission though, babe! Again, there is a false equivalency between people whose livelihood is snatching hot t

COVID exposure ticket policies for Suffs  May 1 2022, 02:22:59 AM

Rolling my eyes out of my head. Buying tickets in order to flip them is not the same thing as selling your personal tickets for a price that meets demand. 

But anyway, I am looking to get rid of my Suffs ticket for next weekend and called Stubhub about how to do that with the digital ticket transfer (they currently only have a printed ticket selling option). They are looking to get the mobile ticket option added within 24-72 hours.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 24 2022, 11:45:28 PM

Unrelated to opening night and reviews, but does anyone do GoldDerby predictions? Strange that they don't have Jared Grimes as an eligible contender for Featured Actor. Also missing from all the "experts" predictions. 

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 24 2022, 11:45:25 PM

Unrelated to opening night and reviews, but does anyone do GoldDerby predictions? Strange that they don't have Jared Grimes as an eligible contender for Featured Actor. Also missing from all the "experts" predictions. 

THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH Previews  Apr 3 2022, 04:07:47 PM

I did The Skin of Our Teeth in high school and it’s just hysterical to think children could pull this show off. 

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods  Mar 25 2022, 01:13:13 PM

Went for a seat in row E of the Grand Circle (which looks like it has ample leg room) - thanks for the responses! 

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods  Mar 25 2022, 12:20:00 AM

This cast is absurd! Can’t miss!

Do main floor Encores tickets ever become available closer to performance or would it be best to act now?

As a tall person with long legs, how’s the leg room in the grand circle/mezz?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You