pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods

chrishuyen
#2Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:14pm

Super excited for this! Especially Ashley Park and Heather Headley, though I'm curious who they'll get for the rest of the cast.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#3Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:16pm

I do not need another production of this, but I DO need this cast.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:21pm

Yeah this is going to be stellar. Sara and Heather?! Damn. 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#5Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:22pm

This is probably a stupid question... but I am going to ask it anyway.

Would this production be Tony-eligible?

Updated On: 8/16/21 at 12:22 PM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#6Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:30pm

We need to retire Into the Woods forever, but this cast is superb. 

JennH
#7Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:32pm

I love this cast, I love ITW...however, isn't the point of Encores to do shows that AREN'T produced often?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#8Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:32pm

With this casting, this production better be seeing green, green, and nothing but green.

Oh look, a bibu!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:33pm

My god, these four leads are absolutely PERFECT. Bareilles is an inspired choice, wow.

chrishuyen
#10Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:35pm

JennH said: "I love this cast, I love ITW...however, isn't the point of Encores to do shows that AREN'T produced often?"

In the BroadwayWorld article they mention it's part of a new tradition to produce an iconic American musical every year. I'm gonna assume they're putting some sort of spin on it though. 

And no, City Center productions are not Tony eligible since it's not a Broadway house. 

willep
#11Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:36pm

jlindsey865 said: "This is probably a stupid question... but I am going to ask it anyway.

Would this production beTony-eligible?
"

No.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#12Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:42pm

jlindsey865 said: "This is probably a stupid question... but I am going to ask it anyway.

Would this production beTony-eligible?
"

This specific one, no - but I believe it’s been more than 3 years since the last revival, so if it transferred to a full Broadway Revival production, it could be.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

JennH
#13Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:46pm

chrishuyen said: "JennH said: "I love this cast, I love ITW...however, isn't the point of Encores to do shows that AREN'T produced often?"

In the BroadwayWorld article they mention it's part of a new tradition to produce an iconic American musical every year. I'm gonna assume they're putting some sort of spin on it though.

And no, City Center productions are not Tony eligible since it's not a Broadway house.
"

Ah, missed that memo somehow. And I remember VERY well when it was announced that Heather was gonna do The Witch at the MUNY back in what I believe was 2015... just remembered screaming my head off at that inspired AF choice, and I'm so glad she's doing it again! 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#14Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:50pm

Yeah, City Center has been doing these "gala" stagings for the last several years. Last year was Evita, and prior to that they've done A Chorus Line, Sunday in the Park with George (which transferred to Broadway), Annie Get Your Gun, and Brigadoon.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

NameGreg Profile Photo
NameGreg
#15Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:51pm

Love that casting, especially Borle.

“Somebody stop me before I sing again” - Bazzard

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#16Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:54pm

The casting? GODDAMN IT'S GOOD.

I wonder if they will do Encores Off Center next year. I hope so. 

gibsons2
#17Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 1:01pm

I will see anything with Christian Borle. 

BCfitasafiddle
#18Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 1:04pm

WOW. Epic.

Side note: I'm so glad Ashley Park is gonna be back onstage. She's on a roll with TV and Film, which is amazing and I am thrilled for her success. Just glad she isn't leaving the New York stage for an extended time just yet.

Updated On: 8/16/21 at 01:04 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#20Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 2:23pm

I know it’s early, but what are the chances of this transferring to a Broadway revival?

I know Into The Woods is overdone, but this casting is so amazing. I, for one, would love a Broadway transfer (with this cast).

Updated On: 8/16/21 at 02:23 PM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#22Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 5:08pm

Wow, they really hit the bullseye with these 4 roles. Can’t wait to see the rest of the cast! It says they’ll be including NYC public school students. Maybe we’ll have some “star is born” moments with Jack and Little Red?

Sidebar: I think I read somewhere that Sara auditioned for Cinderella in the Central Park production. After seeing her in Waitress and Girls5Eva, I’m certain she’ll nail the humor and the pathos necessary for the Baker’s Wife. I’m so glad she’s doing more theatre. I think she’s a really natural and charming actress.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#24Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 5:58pm

jlindsey865 said: "I know it’s early, but what are the chances of this transferring to a Broadway revival?

I know Into The Woods is overdone, but this casting is so amazing. I, for one, would love a Broadway transfer (with this cast).
"

Way too early, but it’s been almost 20 years since a Broadway revival of the show. Even with the fairly recent Central Park and Off Broadway productions, I’m sure there would be plenty of interest in transferring this cast if it’s well received. 

Ke3
#25Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 8/16/21 at 10:40pm

The general consensus I'm seeing is that ITW doesn't need a full revival, but I hope they do a cast recording. I know it's somewhat rare for City Center productions. I wish we could've gotten one for Evita too.