News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tkristop

Member Name: Tkristop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TAKE ME OUT Previews
 Apr 13 2022, 05:28:19 PM

I have a single extra ticket to TONIGHT’s performance if anyone is nearby the area and wants. Right orchestra. I am willing to give it way especially to someone who couldn’t afford otherwise. I can meet you at the theater at 6:30. Private message me. 

BACK TO THE FUTURE - West End
 Mar 23 2022, 12:15:14 AM

New to the West End arena here, but going in May. If I only can pick 2-3 shows, any advice on which ones must see? 
Was thinking C*ck, glass menagerie, back to the future but open to others! Please advise…thanks!

BLACK NO MORE Musical premiering at the New Group in January 2022, with a buzzy creative team & cast
 Feb 12 2022, 11:46:08 PM

Saw this today and liked it. It does need some work - especially pacing and some music changes. Cast is great. So much potential I hope it gets to transfer!

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Feb 12 2022, 11:34:39 PM

Saw this tonight and like another poster couldn’t stop smiling. It’s fun, funny, and the talent is ginormous. The dancing may be better than the singing overall, but both are very very good. Sutton as the librarian was not miscast!! Her performance was a standout for me. I was fortunate to not pay as much as many since I bought tickets in 2020, but I would pay to see it again for sure!

One Last Time…
 Feb 6 2022, 09:47:22 PM

Yet another “help me decide” before upcoming trip…

I have room for one more matinee. Trying to decide between Six, Black No More, MJ, or Intimate Apparel…
Leaning towards Black No More or Intimate Apparel because I have read the other two are more like “concerts” which sound less appealing to me. Please give me your advice and why you would choose which one! Thank you!

Green Room 42
 Jan 24 2022, 10:31:00 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! So helpful. Because it’s Valentines I don’t mind the splurge, but I wonder also what you think about the actual shows, between Judy Kuhn alone with Brandon Uranowitz special appearance versus the love songs with lesser known Broadway talent?  Honestly trying to decide between these or just another Broadway show.  

Green Room 42
 Jan 23 2022, 04:33:08 PM

Anyone been here? Looking for something to do on Valentine’s and trying to decide between this venue with Judy Kuhn or 54 Below love songs with several Broadway performers. Would you pick one over the other and why? Thanks for your advice!

BLACK NO MORE Musical premiering at the New Group in January 2022, with a buzzy creative team & cast
 Jan 17 2022, 09:55:43 AM

Anyone seen this yet?

Advice on what else to see in Feb
 Dec 29 2021, 03:24:04 PM

Advice on what else to see in Feb
 Dec 29 2021, 02:06:29 PM

Hi all-

Excited to return to NYC like so many. Have tickets to Music Man for Feb 12 (rescheduled from when purchased for May 2020). Need to fill other slots up for 2 or 3 more.

Which of these do you recommend? 
Six 
Caroline or Change
Company
MJ
Girl from North Country
Mrs Doubtfire

Something else?

Really wanted to see Assassins but seems to be closing before we arrive.

Thank you for your help!

WSS 2019/20
 Jan 11 2020, 05:11:45 PM

I saw this Thursday night, and I did think the rain added to the experience, but maybe not needed for so long? I liked this reimagined version, but to be honest some of the performances were just not great. I won’t single individuals out, but I will say that Mia was a WONDERFUL Maria. Her voice alone was the best thing about the show for me. Glad I got to see it!

Jan 11 2020, 05:04:16 PM

FlyHigh523 said: "tomwsjr said: "I refuse to by a ticket to Tina unless they get the understudy situation straightened out. I will not pay nearly $200 a ticket to see a sub par Tina!!!!!!"

Kayla and Nkeki are both fantastic powerhouses, so I’m not really sure where you’re getting the “subpar Tina” from.
"

I agree. I just saw the matinee and Nkeki was very good. The overall show, however, was n

Little Shop of Horrors reviews
 Dec 23 2019, 04:19:19 PM
Would you suggest this over Tina Turner if you had to choose between? I can score some decent seats for LSoH on the date we need but Tina seats are also available just more expensive. Thanks for your opinion!
Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
 Oct 8 2019, 11:11:28 AM
Just saw Sutton perform almost 90 minutes nonstop at a concert, and she is just so talented! I think she does have some soprano upper register awaiting to be heard, and I cannot wait to see how she brings Marian to life!
Best Evan Hansen
 Sep 14 2019, 10:50:55 AM

With this being Ben Levi Ross’s last performance on tour this weekend and Stephen Christopher Anthony taking over, I am wondering for those who have seen different ones what is your opinion on who are the top Evans (vocally/acting)? 

My Trip Report for NYC July 4 weekend
 Jul 14 2019, 08:32:47 AM

Providing my report from last weekend. Other similar reports have always appreciated as I planned trips so want to pay it forward.  

5 shows in 3 days!

#1 The Prom

I got a Rush ticket to this on a whim and am so glad I did. I sat on the 3rd row right orchestra. I found the show to be very funny, yet moving. The music was good, and I really appreciated all of the performances. For me the cast gets my vote for best “ensemble”&

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jul 6 2019, 05:20:05 PM

I just came from the matinee and let me say it was definitely a great time!

The set is amazing and pictures do not do it justice. I was in orchestra row G on the aisle and had perfect views. The performers start appearing 15min or so before the show on stage and on the sides in character- some in tuxes and others scantily dressed. Sets the mood for sure, and then the show just starts...and boy does it ever.

Danny is so much fun, and I agree this could and should be his year

Moulin Rouge cast updates
 Jun 19 2019, 10:31:12 PM

Do you think they have released all the tickets or is it really selling that well for the first week of previews? I have been watching for a few weeks and a few more tickets are available now, but all premium. Wondering if they will release more standard price tix (still 199$) or if they really are almost sold out.  

Moulin Rouge cast updates
 Jun 19 2019, 07:14:44 PM
I know this is yet another personal opinion question, but for those who saw it before it transferred, do you think this show really is worth paying premium $200- $399 to see? I have one more opening when I come in a couple weeks and trying to decide whether or not to splurge on this or go see The Prom or The Cher Show. Thoughts? FYI I was fortunate enough to see Hamilton OBC on the front row but didn’t pay $399 for it...thanks for any advice or opinions!
What were your favorite musical showstopper moments this season?
 Jun 8 2019, 10:00:02 AM
Ive been reading how many of the songs/music in the musicals have been forgettable this season.

Were there any showstopper moments or favorite songs this season? Some of mine from recent years include Cynthia Erivos Im Here , Jessie Muellers She Used to Be Mine and Christopher Jacksons One Last Time

Excited to see the Tony performances!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You