News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Relevance81491

Member Name: Relevance81491
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 07:09:27 AM

this is the production that was supposed to play BAM in the spring. 

The ice caps are melting, there’s overpopulation, political unrest; everything’s going to hell in a handcart – why on earth would someone bring a baby into this world?

Directed by Matthew Warchus, Claire Foy and Matt Smith perform a socially distanced version of Duncan Macmillan’s hilarious emotional rollercoaster of a play about a couple wrestling with life’s biggest dilemmas live from The Old Vic.

Old Vic: In Camera is a new artistic initiative combining a run of socially distanced performances of LUNGS followed by a major series of rehearsed play-readings, all streamed live from the iconic Old Vic stage with the empty auditorium as a backdrop.

Rekindling live performance in this irrepressible 202-year-old venue, albeit with minimal staging and accessible only via camera, is a genuine thrill for us. But this series is both an exciting creative experiment and also crucial in igniting the box office now all our usual channels of revenue have been entirely wiped out and we fight to preserve this beloved theatre for our audiences, surrounding schools and communities, staff, crew, and the myriad of writers, performers and creatives that work with us.

Each performance of LUNGS will be available for up to 1,000 people per night (with some matinees) replicating our usual audience capacity size. Tickets will be priced as they are in our auditorium from £10–£65 and whilst all ‘seats’ offer the same view (from the comfort of your own home), we’re asking audiences to give what they can to help support our theatre in return for access to this totally unique experience. There is also the option to add a further donation on top of this for those who are able to give a little more.

We hope that you will join with us to support this new series and feel excited to be part of a live theatre community once again. We need your help in making sure that The Old Vic and our productions are still here to enjoy when our much-missed normal lives resume.

onsale is happening now and it looks like the que is long.  Im regretting waking up so early for this.

https://www.oldvictheatre.com/whats-on/2020/lungs-in-camera

ORATORIO FOR LIVING THINGS (previews)  Mar 10 2020, 11:31:22 PM

this new musical that just began at Ars Nova sounds pretty cool.  Early reports are appreciated as always 

In this sweeping world premiere, composer Heather Christian imbues the classical oratorio with blues, gospel, jazz and soul.  

From the show:

The result is an in-the-round fusion of music and theater, staged by Obie Award-winning director Lee Sunday Evans and featuring eighteen virtuosic singers and instrumentalists. Bo

To Kill A Mockingbird at Madison Square Garden  Feb 27 2020, 07:31:15 AM

The program looks awesome.  If anyone has one they are looking to sell, please PM me

RAGTIME Reunion Concert Happening This April  Jan 31 2020, 03:49:41 PM

I only see "first week inn Febuary" on the site, nothing about Monday specifically.  Thx for any help 

I should have just paid the $25 to become a member

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 09:14:03 AM

glad i got my 35 Membership last night! Great seats too! If its any consolation to those trying this afternoon,  a lot of the performances I was looking at (later in the run) had pretty decent availability 

Halfway Bitches Go Straight to Heaven  Dec 1 2019, 06:52:12 PM

Let me start off by saying that i am a huge fan of the Atlantic Theatre Company and have seen several stellar productions there in the past (frequently using their fantastic Back25 program).

But as i was looking at tickets for Halfway Bitches Go Straight to Heaven, I noticed that they were selling Standing Room tickets for $61 online!
Is this a new trend for new plays that are considered a "hot ticket"? Are people actually paying that price?

I have never p

Halfway Bitches Go Straight to Heaven  Nov 14 2019, 03:38:33 PM

This starts previews tomorrow night at the Atlantic (was supposed to be tonight)! as a big fan of Gurgis, this one is near the top of my list for a short December visit.  As always, early reports are appreciated 

Pulitzer Prize winner Stephen Adly Guirgis takes his style to another level in this world premiere play about the harrowing, humorous, and heartbreaking inner workings of a women’s halfway house in New York Cit

'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW  Oct 4 2019, 12:30:59 PM

well I'm completely out of luck!   This show was on the top of my Wish List for my trip in December, but the Im only in town for three nights and the only date that wasn't sold out had only 1 accessible seat left (atleast I didn't have to wait in a que)

What shows to fill in with this November  Oct 4 2019, 09:05:00 AM

be aware of the cast changes that happen for TKAMB in early November https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Taylor-Trensch-Kyle-Scatliffe-and-More-Will-Join-TO-KILL-A-MOCKINGBIRD-20191003

I have high expectations for Nick Robinson and the rest of the new cast, but since they will be settling into performances, I would go with The Inheritance 

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 17 2019, 04:46:37 PM

Im A103 tomorrow, so please report on the view.  

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 17 2019, 04:17:59 PM

they start tonight and Im excited to hear peoples thoughts on the production (I will be in the front row tomorrow night!)

Scotland PA Previews  Sep 14 2019, 10:04:21 PM

Previews for the new musical from Adam Gwon @ Roundabout have begun Off-Broadway.  Early thoughts are appreciated as always.  

"This deliciously dark new musical comedy, based on the cult film (and the bard's Macbeth), springs to life in a sleepy Pennsylvania town (population 1,203—and dropping), where a burger-joint manager and his wife cook up a plan to super-size their lives. As their ambitions grow and the bodies fall, the couple finds out jus

1 access 10 for Scotland PA 9/18  Sep 10 2019, 09:27:23 AM

I have 1 ticket in the Orchestra for the matinee on Wednesday the 18th, since i also have tickets for another show during that time, Im looking to make a swap (or buy another outright).  Saturday/Sunday preferred 

Marisa Tomei will lead THE ROSE TATTOO on Broadway This Fall  Sep 8 2019, 12:17:14 PM

I got orchestra row O seat 3

Marisa Tomei will lead THE ROSE TATTOO on Broadway This Fall  Sep 8 2019, 12:09:51 PM

got one for the Wednesday matinee (the only one with $10 availability)

if anyone has one for Saturday/sunday and wants to trade LMK

Marisa Tomei will lead THE ROSE TATTOO on Broadway This Fall  Sep 8 2019, 11:33:22 AM

the.hard.part said: "Got 2 for Thur 9/19 that I now realized I can't use in Mezz Row B.
If anyone would be interested in them I can forward the etix, would just be looking for the $20 I paid.
"

Im interested.  Just sent you a PM (if anyone else has an extra 1 or 2 please LMK incase this fall through)

Also, I'm in the market for 1 or two Access10's for Scotland PA

Thanks for your consideration 

COMPANY  Aug 30 2019, 11:42:19 AM

From Telecharge:

Company Special Information

American Express Card Members can get early access to tickets Thursday 10/3 at 10am thru Tuesday 10/18 at 9:59am.

Tickets go on sale to Audience Rewards Members on October 14.

Tickets will go on sale to the General Public on October 21.

A.R.T. Members/Moby Dick  Aug 29 2019, 10:55:02 PM

as far as i recall, only Malloy has been confirmed for the official production

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS returning Off-Broadway this Fall?  Aug 19 2019, 06:38:18 AM

if anyone has an update from todays Box Office Opening, please let me know.  I should be there around 1030 and hope it isn't so crazy that i get shut out of the limited number of dates Im able to attend

Jonathan Groff Alternate for Little Shop?  Aug 18 2019, 02:49:13 PM

how early do people think I should  arrive for the box office opening would prefer to arrive around 1030, but could do 6 AM if you guys think its going to get a crazy line  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You