News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theaterdude2

Member Name: theaterdude2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 04:39:33 PM

So THAT'S why I kept falling asleep!! The couch looked so comfy!!!

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 25 2024, 06:05:45 PM

do you think 2nd row orch (either left center aisle facing stage or middle of the row to the right) is too close? there are also seats 5th row. Thoughts? 

WINK. 

Thank you. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 24 2024, 05:28:29 PM

is the famous sauna scene stage left or right? which is best place to sit?!

HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL SEATING  Apr 23 2024, 10:27:50 AM

Thank you. I guess I should have specified that I am asking specifically for the orchestra, where I am going to sit.

HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL SEATING  Apr 23 2024, 10:20:25 AM

Question about seating for this show: In general, I like to sit close (usually between 3rd and 6th row depending on the house), and I like Corey Cott. Where is the best place to sit? Also is the second row too close in this theater? I saw some available seats there that cost a bit less. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

The Lion King to open a new sit down production in Toronto!  Nov 24 2023, 10:26:59 AM

I'm surprised so many on this thread are believing this pathetic hype. Who needs another Lion King?

With Mirvish's close ties to the UK, the entire theatre community here started guessing, hoping for something new and exciting. Would it be a current West End hit like when they brought the pre-Bway tryout of "& Juliet" to town? What would it be? Jamie Lloyd's much talked about production of Sunset Boulevard? The new hit revival of Guys and Dolls? Perhaps a Cana

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Oct 10 2023, 03:57:17 PM

I hope that this message helps everyone thinking about going: 

Went to the Saturday evening performance. Knew nothing about it except the description in the listings and it sounded like something I'd love: story of an up and coming band making music in the 70's, and what goes on behind the scenes as they are on the verge of superstardom. 

Well...I was a little concerned when I read the sign entering the theatre saying that the show had a 3 hour running

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread  Nov 24 2022, 11:04:53 AM

Thank you ALL! I called Telecharge and was issued an immediate REFUND. No questions asked. I was surprised but very relieved.

Appreciate the support. 

Now, does anyone know if he'll be performing on Sunday's mat?!

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread  Nov 24 2022, 08:42:58 AM

Thanks for the reply Jordan and Happy Thanksgiving.

To answer your question  no, it was just announced yesterday that Will wouldnt be doing Wed nights. It's really unfair that they aren't giving more notice since I bought these tix in good faith and never imagined that Will wouldnt be performing on a Wed night.  I also spent more $ than I ever would on this show, since that's all that was available where we wanted to sit and we are coming in from out

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread  Nov 24 2022, 07:12:50 AM

ADVICE PLEASE: I bought very expensive tickets over a month ago to the show this coming Wed night, never thinking that Will would be out. I've got a jam-packed week of shows already planned but I won't see the show without Will. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to exchange for another day or night, possibly needing to move another show's date to do so? 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Please don't @me about how great understudies and standbys

MJ or Titanique?  Oct 26 2022, 12:51:47 PM

I know, it's a strange choice.

I have one slot left for an upcoming trip to NYC.
As much as I like Michael Jackson's music, after seeing a few numbers on TV, I feel like I've sort of seen the show already, or at least I can imagine what it's going to be like. 

Friends tell me that Titanique is lots of fun, especially if you like Celine AND belting, both of which I like.  And it would be nice to go downtown and see something a little less comm

MJ or Titanique?  Oct 26 2022, 12:51:22 PM

I know, it's a strange choice.

I have one slot left for an upcoming trip to NYC.
As much as I like Michael Jackson's music, after seeing a few numbers on TV, I feel like I've sort of seen the show already, or at least I can imagine what it's going to be like. 

Friends tell me that Titanique is lots of fn, especially if you like Celine AND belting, both of which I like.  And it would be nice to go downtown and see something a little less comme

BEAUTIFUL NOISE PRICES  Oct 19 2022, 04:01:04 PM

I chose it because even though I know it won't be any great masterpiece, I want to see Will Swenson and also hear all the great songs. Don't worry, I'm seeing a lot of non-jukebox shows too! 

BEAUTIFUL NOISE PRICES  Oct 19 2022, 03:58:28 PM

Thank you - I checked out the code and you're right. There doesn't seem to be any discount at all, even with the code. Thanks for letting me know though.

I knew I'd pay a lot for Funny Girl (which I did) but I just didn't expect it for Beautiful Noise, which I am only seeing for Will and the music.

BEAUTIFUL NOISE PRICES  Oct 19 2022, 03:19:36 PM

I was trying to buy a pair of seats for late November for Beautiful Noise, but was surprised to find nearly the entire center orchestra to be priced Premium at $315 a ticket. Even more surprising is how well the show is selling.

Other than the time of year, and that it's close to their opening, is there something I'm missing here? No other show has been as expensive.

Would love to hear what you think, or any similar recent experiences. 

Thanks!

PARADISE SQUARE - Broadway Previews  Mar 22 2022, 09:12:10 PM

I saw the OBC of Dreamgirls the week after the Tony Awards, and there was a standing ovation BEFORE Jennifer even started the song, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Benanti Homeschool Class 2020 - what am I missing?!  Dec 21 2020, 09:57:20 PM

Just watched (or tried to) the HBO Max special based on Laura Benanti's Sunshine Songs, in which she asked school kids who weren't able to perform their musicals due to Covid to post them online. 

So..why is it that this special barely contains any musical theatre songs? Instead, they have narrowed it down to seven kids who perform mostly from the world of Rock and Pop. What am I missing? 

By the way the special is a HUGE disappointment. What happen

Ben Platt on Netflix  May 21 2020, 10:11:14 AM

There are no showtunes at all. This focuses on his pop career. There are 2 covers, one Elton John and one Brandi Carlisle and that's it. If you don't like his album, you definitely will not like this. 

BUT, if you like Ben Platt, you might still want to watch to hear the stories behind these songs he wrote, which reveal quite a bit about his personal life. Plus he's such a great performer no matter what he's singing.

I love the album and saw the show in pers

What Broadway cast should be reunited for STARS IN THE HOUSE?  Apr 22 2020, 09:54:11 AM

ORIGINAL Bway cast of SIDESHOW.

Technical Issues with Playbill's Bandstand stream  Apr 11 2020, 12:28:50 PM

I paid my $6.99 for access to the Bandstand video on Playbill. I had no trouble watching it on my laptop (Macbook pro) but when I went to watch it on my Ipad, the page wouldn't even load. Then I tried accessing it using Chrome instead of Safari, and the page worked, but the widescreen didn't, meaning the only way I could watch was through the small window on the playbill page. 

I got a speedy response from Inplayer (the player that Playbill is using for this) but unfortuna

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You