News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nolanativeny

Member Name: nolanativeny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I respectfully disagree  Aug 7 2019, 03:46:03 PM

bwaylistener said: "TheSassySam said: "Didn't Laura Benanti not do any matinees during She Loves Me, too?"

I went toa Saturday matinee and shewas in. Turns out she was even pregnant at the time!
"

I saw She Loves Me at a Wednesday matinee pretty late in its run after I lost the Hamilton lottery, and she was in then too. All the principals were. Sparse audience but fantastic performance!

Cody Simpson to make Broadway debut in Anastasia as Dmitry  Oct 18 2018, 03:50:26 PM

I used to work at abercrombie kids many many years ago and there was a Cody Simposon song that would play there called "iyiyi" which is about how I feel reading this news, aiyaiyai

Favorite Moments of the 2017/2018 Season  Jun 20 2018, 01:51:36 PM

I remember really enjoying reading a similar thread last season, and I thought it would be fun to remember some of your favorite "moments" during a production this year. These are some of mine:

Harry Potter (maybe some spoilers) - There is SO MUCH to enjoy about this show from a theatrical/stage craft point of view IMO, but I especially loved the moment when Albus and Scorpius come upon Hogwarts from the Forbidden Forest, I just thought the way the music transitions from

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread  May 1 2018, 08:59:11 AM

So pleased for Angels in America (except for James McArdle ) I know she divided some people on here but I loved Susan Brown so I'm happy she was nominated, and I loved the score so pleased about that too. 

A suggestion for DOLLY's closing  Apr 28 2018, 03:23:13 PM

I've attended several performances at the Metropolitan Opera that were streamed for their Live in HD in cinemas, and there was never any indication of what was happening except for the very obvious (but not terribly intrusive) cameras filming the performance. I guess perhaps they don't ever show the audience in those streams, I've never watched one. 

Angels in America TDF  Apr 17 2018, 08:32:26 AM

My experience was somewhat unique as I missed my TDF dates due to the snowstorm and went the next week pastdated, but I had two different seats for each part. Part I was in orchestra P 7, Part II I was in mezzanine J 117. 

Angels in America dinner break recommendations  Apr 5 2018, 07:29:40 AM

I went to Bareburger on 57th between 8th and 9th. It's a chain but I always think their food is good, not too expensive, and if it's a Wednesday marathon you'll be there during happy hour which was an unexpected bonus. I sat at the bar and read a book while leisurely eating and had plenty of time. 

Incidentally, when I saw it the week after the snow storm a couple of weeks ago Part I started about 10-15 minutes late because of the box office having issues, so the

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 22 2018, 04:34:45 PM

After being told by the Neil Simon box office on the phone that they wouldn't be past dating any TDF tickets, I just got an email from TDF saying Angels was offering to past date my tickets for next week. I was pretty bummed to have to miss and not expecting this to happen. Thank the theatre gods!

Listening to Cast Albums before seeing a Musical for the first time  Mar 21 2018, 12:40:37 PM

I listened to Hamilton a ton before I saw the show, and I really wish I hadn't. It may have been the fact I was in the back of the mezzanine, and I was also seeing mostly replacements, or it may have been an off night for the cast, I don't know, but I remember not being completely blown away like I was expecting to, which I think was partially due to knowing the cast recording so well. And probably overhyping. Or most likely a combination of all of the above. TL;DR I say don't lis

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 12:21:29 PM

viola13 said: "I just picked up my tdf tickets for Angels and they told me they would not be past dating tdf. But that also may be since I'm obviously here. Would love to past date it though, I probably won't be able to get home tonight."

Finally got through to the box office and was told the same thing. Oh, well...I probably would have been worried about getting home the entire 7.5 hours. But still annoying

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 11:34:02 AM

Been on hold with Neil Simon box office for 20 minutes...they must have many people who bought on TDF now trying to figure out what to do. 

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 08:59:39 AM

Anyone have experience with snow days and TDF tickets? I too am supposed to see Angels today and I would be coming in from Princeton. I think I'd be ok getting there, it's getting back that's the problem. Someone mentioned earlier that Nederlanders said they were pastdating all tickets today...would that apply to me too? 

Biggest upsets?  Mar 19 2018, 12:00:16 PM

For me, definitely Amelie. I was so looking forward to seeing this, but the show completely failed to capture the charm of the film. 

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 13 2018, 11:14:43 AM

Seeing it April 7 at the matinee. Can't wait! 

Is Hamilton cancellation line still insane?  Mar 9 2018, 12:58:19 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "

OH! So great to heat that this happened to you! Miss the insanity of the old thread. We were all on it! Hope all has been well!

"

I remember that thread too. I was a long time lurker on it thinking perhaps one day I would give it a go, but I was eventually able to get a ticket through a conventional release when the first replacements just started. Maybe I can try cancellation now and see it again...

Mrs. Doubtfire the musical  Mar 3 2018, 09:39:20 PM

I too took a (very long) survey about just Mrs. Doubtfire, so I assume something must be happening. 

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 27 2018, 01:21:49 PM

Age_of_Mendacity said: "Come From Away is up for all Wednesday and Thursday shows"

So glad I saw this! I've been dying to get back to this show since seeing it last year.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/25/18  Feb 27 2018, 10:15:17 AM

I think Angels perhaps lost with their weird preview schedule. I usually like to see shows in previews but I didn't like nor did my schedule work with the seeming randomness of some of the pairings combined with the fact that you had to purchase together (which I also think maybe is hurting ticket sales). 

Has anyone done Hello Dolly through TDF?  Feb 26 2018, 09:34:04 AM

Went 2 weeks ago and tickets were in the orchestra, row P seats 9-11. 

Frozen Lottery  Feb 21 2018, 12:50:44 PM

Never mind, realized you can check online. No luck :/ Still haven't gotten an email, though. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You