News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RogerMoore

Member Name: RogerMoore
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonya Pinkins for Mamma Rose?  Mar 6 2018, 06:25:27 AM

Tonya has said that this is her dream role and even said she asked Arthur Laurents to make her the replacement Rose for Patti LuPone were Patti to go on vacation or leave the show. This was on a podcast - I believe Theater People.

Hello, Dolly! 100th show  Jul 23 2017, 08:22:51 AM

I was there as well. Couldn't agree more. I've seen it a few times now but last night was really something special

Little Shop Fantasy Cast  Jul 5 2017, 12:27:33 PM

Again, there's a man-eating plant that sings and we just can't believe that Ben Platt and Betsy Wolf can fall in love because of the 12 year age difference?

Little Shop Fantasy Cast  Jul 5 2017, 10:53:01 AM

Call me crazy, but I have no issue with a young man loving an older woman. The only hint of Audrey's age requirement I can think of is that she fantasizes about having children in Somewhere That's Green. To me, the whole character is even more poignant if she's 40+ 

also, there's a man-eating plant that sings, can't we suspend disbelief for just about anything? 

Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?  Jun 21 2017, 07:55:31 PM

From what I've heard on subsequent episodes of Sandra's show, Laura was not kind to Sandra's producer Lisa and that is what the problem was. Sandra seems to mention the coughing and hacking only as a way to further illustrate the unpleasantness of the interview

Most Ridiculous (But Believable) Dolly  Apr 21 2017, 05:21:14 PM

Harvey Fierstein IS Hello, Dolly!

Barbara Harris IS BACK AS Hello, Dolly!

Most Ridiculous (But Believable) Dolly  Apr 21 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Assuming they stunt cast and stunt cast, who are the most ridiculous Dollys that we might see?

NeNe Leakes IS Hello, Dolly!

Dolly Parton IS Hello, Dolly! (would actually be great)

Rosie O'Donnell IS Hello, Dolly!

Sandra Bernhard IS Hello, Dolly! (also good)

Mel B IS Hello, Dolly!

Peri Gilpin IS Hello, Dolly!

Molly Ringwald IS Hello, Dolly!

Cash Me Outside Girl I

Mel B breaks character in final Chicago performance  Feb 20 2017, 10:21:43 PM

I feel like it might have been as the conductor didn't skip a beat - then again, she's a professional doing her job - even when Mel B kissed her on the lips at the end of 'Roxie' (though maybe that's part of this production ... it's been awhile). If it wasn't sanctioned by the higher-ups then everyone in the orchestra and cast did a great job of making it seem like it was part of the fun and that they were sending a beloved (short-term) member of the company member

Mel B breaks character in final Chicago performance  Feb 20 2017, 12:10:36 PM

MinnieFay said: "RogerMoore said: "I just saw Mel B's final performance as Roxie and she broke character 3 times during 'Roxie'. The first was to sing the opening of Spice Girl's 'Wannabe', the second was to say it was her final performance and she wanted to dedicate it to her dad. The third was when her child Madison said 'I love you Mommy' from offstage and she said 'I love you too, Madison.' Is this a normal thing that occurs during

Mel B breaks character in final Chicago performance  Feb 20 2017, 11:51:43 AM

Apologies for posting this in the Chicago Replacements Thread but I am curious about the answer:

I just saw Mel B's final performance as Roxie and she broke character 3 times during 'Roxie'. The first was to sing the opening of Spice Girl's 'Wannabe', the second was to say it was her final performance and she wanted to dedicate it to her dad. The third was when her child Madison said 'I love you Mommy' from offstage and she said 'I love you too, Madi

Chicago Revival 20 Years: Favorite Replacements  Feb 19 2017, 10:22:27 PM

I just saw Mel B's final performance as Roxie and she broke character 3 times during 'Roxie'. The first was to sing the opening of Spice Girl's 'Wannabe', the second was to say it was her final performance and she wanted to dedicate it to her dad. The third was when her child Madison said 'I love you Mommy' from offstage and she said 'I love you too, Madison.' Is this a normal thing that occurs during a star's final performance in this show?

Cruel Intentions the Musical  Feb 13 2017, 06:01:07 PM

They handed out nothing - there were one sheet cast lists littered around the venue. Very fun show though -  totally ridiculous. 

SUNSET BOULEVARD Previews  Feb 4 2017, 11:17:50 AM

SarasotaVince said: "The floating refers to the interior of Norma's house. The entire set was raised and lowered as needed. If you watch the follow video...at the 26:28 mark you see a pretty good view of the complexity of the set. If you watch the entire video you'll set some of the other sets....in the new production there are no sets as such, just props like desks, tables, chairs...all moved onto stage as needed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQR74a4P3nw

"

Thank you for this. Would the action continue on the set as it floated? Is that what the big deal was? Someone mentioned the effect of 'split screen'

Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 4 2017, 07:57:13 AM

I've never seen the original production, but I keep hearing about how the set levitated. Can someone expand on this for me? I know what the word means but how did that come into play within the context of the show?

Also, I would love to see Bernadette Peters or Tonya Pinkins in this role. Won't happen, I know.

Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 3 2017, 12:22:42 PM

I would guess that M 2-4 is okay - I was on the opposite side and M is a little further back (which seems like a good thing here). There are two staircases/platforms - the one Norma uses, exclusively, is stage right so if you're house right, you'll have a great view of that. There is action on the other platform - it functions as Joe's 'apartment above the garage' and the office at Paramount.

I should clarify - I assume there is a staircase/platform stage r

Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 3 2017, 09:41:39 AM

I was in row H seat 1 - there was 1 row of theater seats in front of me (empty, but then taken for Act 2) then the dining room chairs in front of that row. I do not recommend that section unless you're further back. I saw lots of neck-craning, but nobody is going to see through or around those speakers. I'm sure the center orchestra had a wonderful time. I'll go back once it hits TKTS

Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway /Previews  Feb 3 2017, 08:52:39 AM

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. I've never seen a production before and didn't know the score at all. My advice is do not sit the side orchestra (esp left) as you'll miss a lot of the action, which takes place on the staircases/platforms and is blocked by enormous speakers. The first few rows in the side orch are also actually higher than the rows behind them - thanks to dining room chairs instead of theater seats - which is completely asinine. My seats were not 'obst

City Center Presale Code  Jul 18 2016, 03:29:48 PM

I was lucky enough to snag a ticket front row dead center. I just snapped it up. Is the first row spaced far enough back from the stage that it'll be a good seat? 

Jamboree - What A Mess  Jul 16 2016, 11:40:20 PM

I felt like the 'New Work' songs (which were spelled out on signage) could've benefitted from some explanation/context. Especially since many in the audience probably weren't looking forward to those bits.

I was also surprised that there was no Ashman/Menken given how Off Center loves them

Jamboree - What A Mess  Jul 16 2016, 11:25:01 PM

Fair enough Mr. R! Hope you still had a good evening with the Mrs.!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You