News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for diem86

Member Name: diem86
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown Understudies
 Nov 14 2022, 11:39:14 AM

Sorry if this has been answered, I can't find it anywhere.  Are there certain performances that any of the leads routinely miss?  Going to a Weds matinee in couple weeks! 

Hadestown tour questions.
 Nov 4 2022, 05:07:18 PM

I saw Hadestown in Nashville this week, with Lana as Persephone, and man did we get lucky. She was amazing.  The whole cast was on fire.  The best touring cast I've seen in a long time. Did not disappoint. The whole crowd was going wild all night.  I haven't seen the broadway version, but the doors that open in the back of the set (instead of the elevator) were extremely dramatic and effective. 

Oklahoma! 2021-2022 National Tour
 May 4 2022, 10:29:36 AM

Hearing from people who saw it in Nashville last night, it did not land.  Very difficult to hear without being mic'd in such a large space. People were leaving while it was going on. A whole bunch didn't return after intermission. I saw it on Broadway and *loved* it. It sounds like the intimacy just doesn't translate.  

Tourette's And Being A Respectful Audience Member
 Jul 31 2019, 05:57:57 AM

I also have Tourette's, and I'll be in NYC this weekend to see a few shows (hoping to get in to Hadestown via the lottery!). My advice would be to tell the people right next to you, if it'll ease your ability to enjoy the show and not worry about bothering others.  But in all honesty, I rarely bring it up myself.  Unfortunately there are all sorts of actually avoidable distractions in theaters these days, so our condition that we have no control over is nobody&

The Official TDF Thread
 Jun 19 2019, 01:05:08 PM

Anyone know if Tootsie has been available pretty consistently lately?

Shuffle Along - What happened?
 Jun 19 2019, 07:48:30 AM

I saw it in previews as well, and while it was too long and slow in parts, I was in it 100% for the performances and the dance numbers, and absolutely loved it.  Totally worth it.  

August Trip
 Jun 18 2019, 01:35:06 PM

I'm also going in August! I have tickets to Moulin Rouge already, and hope to get tickets to Come From Away.  Trying to decide on the other 2 to see.  I'll probably do TKTS for those so I'm not holding my breath for Hadestown.  Maybe Tootsie?? Suggestions?  

Shuffle Along - What happened?
 Jun 18 2019, 01:32:41 PM

On THR's Awards Chatter podcast recently, Billy Porter said that there are other reasons that show closed aside from Audra's pregnancy, but would not go into detail.  He didn't sound pleased. He also said he'd probably write about it in a book someday.  

Recommendations?
 May 1 2016, 08:43:41 AM

Thank you all so much for the great suggestions! I had a fantastic trip a couple weeks ago.  I ended up seeing The Color Purple, Long Day's Journey Into Night, Shuffle Along, and American Psycho.  I really enjoyed them all, but Color Purple and Shuffle Along were probably my favorites. Blown away by the talent in those. And the music in Color Purple -- WOW!  Shuffle Along was a complete joy to see such talented actors strutting their stuff.  And Audra was nice enough t

LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT Previews
 Apr 9 2016, 10:19:17 AM

Has anybody seen this in the past couple days who can share the newest run time? 

Recommendations?
 Apr 5 2016, 11:57:32 AM

BwayinVan said: "I too amending to NY in a couple weeks and I was having a tough time deciding on what to see with my final slot. It cam down to Color Purple or She Loves Me and after reading this board I think I may have to go with Color Purple.

Haha then I may see ya there! Listening to a couple snippets of songs from Color Purple is what won me over for picking that. 

Recommendations?
 Apr 5 2016, 10:56:10 AM

Jennifer Hudson is performing all nights, correct? She doesn't have a regular night off?  

Recommendations?
 Apr 5 2016, 10:30:33 AM

Everyone is so helpful here! Thanks! I think I'm leaning towards The Color Purple at the moment!

Recommendations?
 Apr 4 2016, 05:28:41 PM

Thanks for all the thorough replies!! Very helpful. I did use BroadwayBox for shuffle & psycho, so saved some $$ already. I have a wide variety of tastes, so just have to decide if I want powerful, fun, showstoppers, a classic, etc! 

Recommendations?
 Apr 4 2016, 04:19:45 PM

Thanks for the advice so far! What would be maybe the most entertaining/funny show, and what show has the biggest "wow" factor (whether it be the music, cast, staging, spectacle, etc)....of those that have opened within the past couple years?

Recommendations?
 Apr 4 2016, 02:13:33 PM

Heading to NYC in a couple weeks. Already have tix to Shuffle Along and American Psycho, going to TKTS a couple more shows. Need some recommendations please! Thoughts on Fun Home, Color Purple, Something Rotten, King and I, Waitress,Blackbird, Finding Neverland, or something even better than all these (besides Hamilton), that I may be missing?? Priorities??? (Wanted Long Day's but it's sold out already for my dates). Thanks!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You