News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chi-town_bwayfangirl

Member Name: chi-town_bwayfangirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spitters
 Oct 20 2019, 12:12:37 AM
Was at Little Shop of Horrors today and Jonathan Groff was in prime spitting form. All over the front row. So I googled “Jonathan Groff spitter” and this thread came up! First time I ever saw him on stage was Hamilton and remembered him being quite the spitter then too! Nothing has changed it seems.

Nevertheless - he was GREAT in LSOH.

The Music Man 2020 Venue Mystery
 Sep 15 2019, 01:01:18 PM

I bought tickets for Nov 6 and was surprised that there were no “premium” tickets (although I did see a front row ticket for $499 that weekend). There was definitely nothing available in orchestra center. Either they’re holding back for VIPs (or an official venue or some other reason) or they are sold out already?

Having trouble getting 1 ticket for Hadestown in Ticketmaster
 Jul 12 2019, 08:37:35 AM
I had same experience with orchestra seats for MR when buying 1 ticket in person at box office. Wanted row G or K but had to settle for M because G and K only had two seats left each and box office said they weren’t able to split them up because ticketmaster’s system doesn’t even allow them to do that at the box office.
Jeremy Pope's final performance in AIN'T TOO PROUD: Sunday 7/7/19
 Jul 9 2019, 02:32:37 AM

goldenboy said: "At the curtain call, he received hugs from several of the lead Temptations Cast and I think they handed him a shirt of something. It was a happy farewell to him."

I was sitting in Row 2 (too close to have enjoyed the show properly, but noticed lots of interesting but unnecessary details) at his last performance and it looked like they gave him a pair of pink granny panties that had been signed by everyone. He also got a standing ovation and prol

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Aug 22 2017, 10:57:25 PM

hamiltonstradition said: "I've heard that, Hamilton CHI might turn into the 2NT..... much like Wicked did. They are only selling tickets until 1/8 and the tour opens 2/6.

"

I've been thinking the same thing...just waiting for the announcement and telling all my friends to just get tix now rather than waiting for the next block of tickets to go on sale. 

Thursday matinees?
 Jan 23 2017, 09:52:44 PM

I use http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/ to find shows playing at odd times when I'm traveling around holidays and when I'm looking for a Sunday night show! Has listings for Broadway and off-Broadway shows (and some MSG concerts and sporting events too). 

Hamilton in Chicago
 Dec 12 2016, 04:14:44 PM

I believe thy were in the standard Ticketmaster envelope. 

Hamilton in Chicago
 Dec 12 2016, 04:14:03 PM

Had Row S and T left center aisle seats and hey we're fantastic, just below the overhang but well worth the savings. 

Hamilton in Chicago
 Dec 12 2016, 02:43:39 PM

Got my November 9 tickets in mid-September; haven't gotten my tix for Feb 16 yet. 

Hamilton opening night playbill
 Oct 19 2016, 12:34:33 AM

Just_John said: "The opening night playbills have "Opening Night" and the date inscribed above the title page. "

Thanks for pointing is out! I've only been to one opening night, fiddler, and I was disappointed that there wasn't anytHing distinguishable about the Playbill.  But you are correct - just checked my Fiddler playbill and saw opening night on the title page! 

Riedel on The Great Comet off stage battle
 Oct 19 2016, 12:15:10 AM

theatregoer3 said: "dramamama611 said: "So what, exactly have you heard that sounds dull?  The part about it being a sliver of War & Peace?  In that case, Les Miz must have sounded dreadful too."

I just saw it myself and found it to be dull. So did the many people in the mezz who didn't return after intermission.

If he thinks it sounded dull, then let him have his opinion.
"

Going to see it this weekend and wh

Hamilton in Chicago
 Oct 2 2016, 01:36:20 AM

Just saw it tonight (after seeing OBC 3 times in NYC last September and this March...only ever saw one understudy, Seth Stewart as Lafayette/Jefferson) and loved every minute of it. There were plenty of new takes by the actors and all of them worked and made it more interesting!

And @nightnic001, I totally agree about Holly James in the ensemble - she was great!!!

It took me a while to get past Hamilton being older than Washington - Chris Jackson is very

Hamilton in Chicago
 Oct 1 2016, 06:14:56 PM

Any guesses as to whether Miguel be playing all 8 performances of Hamilton for the first few weeks? Or will his alternate, Joseph Morales, be going on?

edit: answered my own question - he tweeted that he'll be going on during Sunday evening performance. 

Hamilton in Chicago
 Aug 27 2016, 09:35:11 PM

Just saw that official opening night is October 19 and that LMM will be there. There's an online auction for 2 seats and tix to opening night party and meet LMM; bid was at $13k when I checked: https://www.timeout.com/chicago/blog/you-can-bid-to-be-lin-manuel-mirandas-guest-at-hamilton-chicago-opening-night-082516

54 Below Seating
 Aug 10 2016, 03:36:27 PM

Thanks! I gave them a call and let them know the situation - they suggested a bar seat. 

54 Below Seating
 Aug 10 2016, 02:08:38 PM

I'm going to be in NYC in a couple weeks to see White Rabbit Red Rabbit and Spamilton. I'm also interested in seeing Broadway Goes to the Movies at 54 Below. They have a show where seating opens at 8:45 and show starts at 9:30. White Rabbit starts at 8 and is supposed to be 75 minutes. Anyone know if there's late seating at 54 Below and, if so, what's the best location to sit in if I know I'll be running a tad late?

Thanks!

The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?
 Jul 5 2016, 11:36:12 PM

I've only ever seen a production here in Chicago at Remy Bumppo Theatre Company and it was one of the top 3 plays I've ever seen on/off Broadway (not that I've seen a lot on Broadway). It was so intense and I was sobbing at the spoiler posted previously and also when he talks about going to a group counseling session and seeing someone who is so ugly you can hardly stand to look at them. Just so raw and gut-wrenching. The performances in Chicago were phenomenal and seeing it

And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
 Jul 5 2016, 11:27:22 PM

I saw it Labor Day 2015 and March 2016 and didn't notice anything crazy except for Lin's entrance.

My first time ever seeing Rent or hearing any of the songs (save Seasons of Love) was a tour in early 2000's and it was "unwatchable" as blaxx said. I would have left at intermission if not for Seasons of Love in Act 2. I'm sure my love of Hamilton is as much as those Rentheads, but I promise to never be that crazy at a performance of Hamilton! 

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
 Jun 27 2016, 11:21:21 PM

adamgreer said: "At what point did Philippa Soo become Pippa?

Since before she got to Broadway!

Odd Mom Out
 Jun 27 2016, 10:10:02 AM

everythingtaboo said: "Is the show good? I've never watched it, even though it seems to have a good cast. But the lead always seems so in-your-face in the ads, and don't we get enough crazy on the Real Housewives? But maybe I'll give it a shot, people here seem to like it!

Unlike Real Housewives, Odd Mom Out is scripted (although I'm sure most of the situations in Real Housewives are made up) so the crazy is just a dramatization. 

Anyway,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You