News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TMC2

Member Name: TMC2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Monologue Help
 Jun 28 2018, 08:15:47 PM

I'm looking for a monologue to audition for the role of Hel, the Norse queen of the dead. For background, she's portrayed as a smart and very serious young girl who rules over the underworld. I'm looking for a childish yet serious and chilling monologue, which is pretty hard to find. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Help Finding a Monologue?
 Mar 25 2018, 10:36:38 PM

Hi, 

I just found out that my theater dept will be doing She Kills Monsters in the fall, and I've loved the show ever since I saw it the first time. Tilly is one of my dream roles and I'm looking for a monologue that encapsulates her character (strong and sarcastic but dorky and vulnerable and a little shy too) and also shows my director that I can handle a role of that magnitude. I'm willing to put in as much work as I need to, any monologue recs or general advice?

RENT 2000 Screenplay?
 Oct 26 2017, 10:05:00 PM

I would love to see this as well, if it's not too much trouble!

Dear Evan Hansen Fan Mail
 Sep 25 2017, 10:39:38 PM

Hi there,

I can't remember exactly the amount, but I believe that DEH does request a fairly hefty donation to BCEFA in exchange for a cast signed playbill. I would strongly advise you to not send your opening night playbill, unless you're alright with it never being returned to you. The general rule of thumb is not to send anything in fanmail that you want to get back. If you'd still like a cast signed playbill, I would write to the stage manager and include a donation to B

Rush Tickets for a Wednesday Matinee?
 Jul 15 2017, 12:00:47 PM

I'm not sure if you were looking exclusively for a musical, but when I rushed the Play that Goes Wrong earlier this month, there were certainly still tickets available around 11:30. It's a truly hilarious show; it actually lives up to the 'laugh your face off' hype it has been getting.

Waitress Stage Door
 Jul 11 2017, 07:47:56 PM

I've never stagedoored waitress, but from the pictures I've seen it seems to be fairly crowded but not DEH level ridiculous.

Looking for a Platonic Love Song
 Jul 9 2017, 12:18:16 PM

Hi All,

I'm looking for a song that is an appreciation song for a mentor in your life (I'm not quite sure how to explain it)

Something like Wind Beneath My Wings, Raincoat of Love, or For Good. 

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Come From Away seating
 Jul 7 2017, 12:51:33 PM

I've never been in the Schoenfeld before, but I would recommend checking out http://aviewfrommyseat.com/ to get an idea of what your view would be!

Looking to buy DEH ticket(s) July 6 or7
 Jul 2 2017, 12:10:22 PM

This is not 100% guaranteed to work, but you prices on Stubhub drop significantly around starting an hour before the show starts. You can wait by the Stub Hub center near Times Square and buy the tickets when/if they drop to a price you are willing to pay.

The Play That Goes Wrong Rush
 Jul 2 2017, 11:29:26 AM

Update: I got to the theater roughly an hour after the box office opened, and I got two full view tickets (row F, seats 10 and 12). My view was very good, I could see everything that was going on. Thank you all for all the help!

Discount Tickets and Lottery info!
 Jul 1 2017, 05:45:02 PM

dramamama611 explains it all very well. 

In addition to rush tickets, many shows offer standing room seats (dubbed SRO) once the show sells out. Those can also be purchased at the box office on the day of the show. For many popular shows, the line for rush tickets forms hours before the box office opens in the morning, so make sure to do your research and plan ahead if you want to try for rush tickets the day of.

The Playbill article mentioned by dramamama611 can be found here: it's super helpful and I suggest you check it out for show-specific information. http://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-rush-lottery-and-standing-room-only-policies-com-116003

The Play That Goes Wrong Rush
 Jun 30 2017, 08:35:00 AM

Has anyone gotten rush tickets for Play that Goes Wrong recently? What time did you get there? How was the line/the seats? Considering rushing tomorrow and would love any advice

Here Lies Love on Broadway
 Jun 29 2017, 12:53:28 PM

KatVer said: "I'm not familiar with how they interpreted the Marcoses. Is it in a positive light? God I hope not.

"

I saw the show in Seattle a few months ago, and the portrayal was not very positive.

Come From Away rush
 Jun 24 2017, 05:20:08 PM

chuckydisc said: 

Did you want partial-view seats or Standing-Room tickets?

I'm fine with either, but would prefer partial-view

Come From Away rush
 Jun 24 2017, 03:57:22 PM

I'm hoping to see the show on July 1 at 8 pm. Taking recent rush lines into account, and the fact that it will be the second show of a two show day, what time should I get in line? (I've never rushed before, so any advice is appreciated)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You