News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Boday

Member Name: Boday
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews / OPENING NIGHT
 Apr 23 2017, 08:20:43 PM

Saw the show last night and all I can say is WOW!!! Everything was just so good and so special and the energy in the theater was insane! I wouldn't change a single thing.

Bette flubbed a line during "I Put My Hand In" and yelled "stop!" And they reset and restarted. It was amazing to see how quickly everybody got right back into the groove of things and of course the way she said it was pretty comical.

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Apr 21 2017, 11:32:05 PM

Wick3 said: "Are cancellation tix now $220?

"

When I went last week, mine was $199 in Row H side orchestra (one of the unused wheelchair seats) but another line person who got in on the same day paid $229 for Row J center.

Apr 18 2017, 07:16:57 AM

act926 said: "Hello everyone!

I'm planning to head up to NYC on a Wednesday (not sure when) but have no clue what time I should plan to get there for the cancellation line. I know that times vary depending on the day, but I'd hope to be one of the first few in line.

Last month I stood in line on a Saturday, arrived around 7:05 and was about 15th/16th in line. I ended up getting the last ticket for the matinee right at

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Apr 15 2017, 09:00:28 AM

In my opinion, he totally hammed it up and the entire audience was laughing hysterically during Reynolds Pamphlet. I'm sorry I don't remember specifically what he did or how, just that everyone was laughing so hard!

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Apr 15 2017, 07:52:54 AM

I was lucky enough to see Hamilton last night for BDJ and JMI's first night. (Previously I've seen OBC and Chicago circa Joshua Henry casts)

BDJ was brilliant, of course.

JMI: oh my god. I wanted to share with you guys how amazing he was, but now that I'm typing I realize I'm speechless! While watching him, it was hard to believe that this role wasn't written just for him. Already on his first night, he'd added his own flair to certain lines and I&#3

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
 Apr 8 2017, 06:01:22 PM

Now that I have my ticket for Wednesday night, I'm happy to share the pattern I observed over the past few weeks! It seems like they release tickets online four days prior to showtime. This has been the pattern for each show over the past two weeks. Hope this is helpful!

Great Comet - Sonya Alone Video
 Apr 8 2017, 07:48:44 AM

I guess I can understand how, out of context, the song may feel this way. I have to agree that within the show it's one of the more powerful numbers. I saw the show in November and it's one of the songs I can still picture in my head and still remember as if I were there.

Hamilton Chicago Cancellation Line / Tickets
 Apr 6 2017, 09:05:13 PM

I unsuccessfully tried in October - we arrived at 11:30am and were 15th in line for a Saturday matinee. We ended up just buying on StubHub.

We tried again in January for a Saturday evening. We showed up at 12:30 and no one was there. The box office employees said when they do have tickets, they come out later in the day. They told us to come back at 3. We came back around 3:30 and there were 3 people in line. The box office people said we should be able to get tickets. By 4:30, we

Apr 4 2017, 08:06:44 PM

I'm positive this is a repeat question but after scrolling through about twenty pages, I couldn't find the answer. So sorry in advance that I'm asking!

In the very hypothetical situation that my friend and I arrive first, do we just start the line on the stairs in front of the theater or outside the box office door? Or would it even matter as long as the next person knows we're there for the line?

Thanks so much. What an amazing resource this thread is for all th

Dear Evan Hansen Cancellation
 Mar 25 2017, 09:49:05 PM

Ah - makes sense! I'm spending a week in NYC in a few weeks so I'm trying to wrap my head around a ticket strategy myself :)

Good luck!!!

Dear Evan Hansen Cancellation
 Mar 25 2017, 09:10:33 PM

There are $203 tickets on Telecharge for Wednesday evening right now. You should save yourself the trouble and just grab one of those!

Rush Tickets April 11-14 - you stand, I buy!
 Mar 18 2017, 09:22:33 AM

Totally fair, but the day I can go is Good Friday and also Brian D'Arcy James's first day back as KG3, so I just want to hedge the risk and make sure I get tickets. :)

Also - if you messaged me, I had a dumb technical snafu but I've replied to all messages now!

Rush Tickets April 11-14 - you stand, I buy!
 Mar 13 2017, 06:05:50 PM

Hi!

I am going to be in NYC for work April 11-14 and I would love to cross some shows off my list. I know I can buy tickets to some of these, but I thought if anybody was willing to do the rush line and grab two tickets (both paid for by me), I would love to help someone see these shows!

On April 12 and 13 I can do the early shift on line until my work obligations begin at 7:45am. On Friday April 14 I was planning to do the Hamilton line and I'm free all

Hamilton in Chicago
 Jan 21 2017, 09:48:24 AM

A few people have asked about the cancellation line in Chicago so I thought I'd post about my experiences! As a note, we'd already seen the OBC last spring and the Chicago show once, so we weren't THAT serious about the line but hopefully this can help some people!

The first time I tried to do it was in October. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but we went around 11:15am in hopes for the Saturday matinee just a couple hours later. That seemed to be a real

Hello Dolly... no Bette on Tuesdays!
 Sep 17 2016, 10:34:25 AM

I tried on my mobile and my husband tried on his laptop right at 10. I ended up getting three row A center balc while he got an error message for 4/22 evening! I went to look again out of curiosity on mobile after mine were confirmed and then I was getting the error too.

keep trying, all! You got this!

Bette Midler When do HELLO DOLLY Tix Go On Sale?
 Sep 15 2016, 08:00:19 AM

This will be just my third time trying to buy Broadway tickets as soon as they go on sale, so please pardon my limited knowledge as I ask a couple questions:

1. How cutthroat is the whole buying tickets thing right at 10am Saturday? Is going online the best way? I tried for Hamilton Chicago tickets the day & time they went on sale and it was awful. I know it can't be that bad, but I'd love some opinions on a show with a superstar as the lead! (On the opposite end of th

Chicago Theater District
 Jul 15 2016, 09:20:34 PM

Trattoria Ten if you want a more upscale dinner (definitely need reservations), Exchequer or Millers Pub if you want a more casual dinner. Hope that helps!

Broadway in Chicago Season Tickets - Hamilton
 Jun 20 2016, 10:27:14 PM

ImAGeneralWEE said: "If anyone who did the presale could provide more information on the seating/prices, I'd really appreciate it.  For instance: How much are the fees (e.g., for a $177 ticket)? Are most good orchestra seats $497?  I'm getting nervous for Tuesday... the PrivateBank theatre is full of terrible seats. The Rodgers seems so great in comparison.

"

I got four $177 seats in the presale (alth

May 19 2016, 09:37:48 PM

I am in the same boat with SOLD If any two folks are willing to wait the overnight shift next Thursday 5/26 for Friday's show, I would gladly pay for your tickets in exchange for my husband and me as your +1's. Shoot me a message!

(My flight arrives at 8am Friday morning and our hotel is nearby the RRT, so we'd provide slightly late breakfast, lunch and dinner too!)

May 18 2016, 03:47:34 PM

StubHub is so crazy! Orchestra seats went down to $300 20 minutes before showtime last Friday and then suddenly this week, total madness!

I was talking to a friend about all of these data points I've collected over the past month for the line, StubHub, TM resale, any other data points I could scrounge up from these posts... And my conclusion? It doesn't matter what I decide because every day is totally different than other days. Literally the worst conclusion for

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You