News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brdwybuff

Member Name: brdwybuff
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown blank slate?  May 5 2019, 08:46:06 AM

I am going to see Hadestown with a blank slate. Is it recommended to know much about greek mythology before for better understanding?

which 2 shows (hadestown, beetlejuice, ain't too proud, or tootsie  May 5 2019, 08:39:22 AM

Hadestown and Tootsie. Hands down. 

What I liked this time....  May 5 2019, 12:06:18 AM

BwayinVan said: "brdwybuff said: "I’ve been here since Friday and have see the following. I ranked in order of what I liked the best.Â

Tootsie- so funny and enjoyable!Â

Ferryman

Hillary and Clinton

Oklahoma- Did not enjoy it at all

seeing Hadestown tomorrow!

A couple of months ago I saw Kiss me Kate and the Prom- I loved both

cher show- did not enjoy
"

I’m

Tootsie Rush  May 4 2019, 11:54:54 PM

Rushed today 5/4 for matinee. Got there at 8:10-5th in line. Row C orch Left seat 13.  Moved over during intermission but honestly not a bad seat! Plus it was a great show!

What I liked this time....  May 4 2019, 11:43:08 PM

I’ve been here since Friday and have see the following. I ranked in order of what I liked the best. 

Tootsie- so funny and enjoyable! 

Ferryman

Hillary and Clinton

Oklahoma- Did not enjoy it at all

seeing Hadestown tomorrow!

A couple of months ago I saw Kiss me Kate and the Prom- I loved both

cher show- did not enjoy

The Official TDF Thread  May 3 2019, 10:56:17 PM

I was very surprised when I picked up my tic for The Ferryman tonight. 

Orchestra right, row i, 4 seats in

This was the best tdf ticket I’ve gotten....as you can tell it varies so much. A single ticket probably helps too sometimes.

Rush for What the Constitution Means to me?  May 3 2019, 08:03:06 AM

supersam1026 said: "I went to check just before noon today (5/2) and was able to get rush for tonight’s show (front row!). The guy at the box office was really nice and said that I got the last one."

Is the stage low enough for a good view?

Rush for What the Constitution Means to me?  May 2 2019, 07:03:23 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "I rushed last Wednesday. Got in line at 9:30AM and was about 5th in line. Easily got a ticket. Rush seats are in the front row!"

I’m assuming the stage isn’t high?  

Anyone rush on sat for a matinee? Time to get there?

The Official TDF Thread  May 2 2019, 07:01:05 PM
Hillary and Clinton tonight mezz row D middle of row
The Official TDF Thread  Apr 29 2019, 03:15:40 PM

Pashacar said: "brdwybuff said: "Where have seats been for The Ferryman?"

Generally worse than your average TDF spot. I got side rear mezz with the worst legroom I've ever had in decades of theatergoing. Good view, still, but if you're willing to spend a few bucks more it may be worth it, especially for a show this long.
"

Ugh. Figures. I just bought one. 

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 29 2019, 01:08:17 PM

ohjustjake said: "I just bought 2 for Friday the 3rrd so I'll post after, but the description did say they're in the mezzanine."

That’s the day I’m looking at. Sometimes they say mezz, but seats can be orchestra.  Think I’ll grab one now without knowing!

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 29 2019, 12:52:36 PM

Where have seats been for The Ferryman?

Burn This Previews  Mar 16 2019, 10:47:02 PM

amygbrooks said: "Miles2Go2 said: "amygbrooks said: "I saw this tonight. It was my first time at a first preview, and I wasn't familiar with the text beforehand. I am not a theater expert by any means, so please take this with a grain of salt.

That's everything I can think of. Again, I am not expert, this was just my own experience of the show."

Thanks for your report from tonight! You paid your money t

Previews Hillary and Clinton  Mar 15 2019, 04:29:28 PM

Has anyone seen this yet?

Hillary and Clinton reviews?  Mar 9 2019, 08:12:42 PM

For those who have seen this...How is this show? How are the previews going for this play?

Restaurant Recommendations  Mar 6 2019, 04:59:06 PM
You’re probably not looking for this, but if you are spending some time there definitely got to the Times Square Diner. I am in love w their fries...I splurge and get fires, cheeseburger, and milkshake when there. Also their breakfasts are hard to beat, especially the stuffed French toast. It’s on 8th/50th
Show Recommendations for May/July  Feb 20 2019, 10:33:57 PM

I left The Cher Show at intermission tonight. Everyone has their own preferences. I have never left a show before, but it was awful IMHO. 

I have not seen the others. Seeing KMK tmro and some of the others on your list when I return in May.

I agree about The Prom. I could relate bc I’m a lesbian, so for me it was that much more special. That being said,everyone should see it for the fun, laughter, and most importantly the message!

Fiddler in Yiddish?  Feb 19 2019, 05:12:04 PM

Thanks miles2go2. You’re reviews are always helpful. I’m seeing The Prom, Cher Show tomorrow, and Kiss Me Kate Thurs. Really looking forward to seeing Kelli!

Fiddler in Yiddish?  Feb 19 2019, 04:27:21 PM

I’m loving these positive reviews! Can’t wait for tonight!

Fiddler in Yiddish?  Feb 19 2019, 04:26:15 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Wow. Just. Wow. Beautiful. Powerful. Thrilling. Hard to believe it was their first preview. It was just about perfection. Of course they had the advantage of the previous run but still…

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect tonight. Had high hopes, but was also nervous because I was disappointed in last two revivals I saw (MFL, OOTI) this summer. This totally restored my faith in revivals. I also had seen a touring version around 10 years a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You