News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for meepsnyc

Member Name: meepsnyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)
 Apr 7 2017, 12:24:03 PM

I won the lottery yesterday and our seats were in the very back of the orchestra, row Z. View was mostly fine (couldn't see some of the action at the very top of the stairs but that was only really when people were walking down) and my only 'complaint' was there was a super tall guy sitting directly in front of me so I was constantly trying to see around him. Not his fault for being genetically gifted though. smiley

Recs for this weekend
 Mar 1 2017, 02:40:47 PM

If you don't mind spending the money, you can also hire a line sitter for whatever you choose to do so you can enjoy the rest of your day and aren't stuck in a rush or cancellation line for hours. They're pretty reasonably priced IMO!

Sunday in the Park Rush Tickets
 Mar 1 2017, 01:07:23 PM

There are still so many tickets left for tonight's performance. I'm very curious to see if they'll be available at the box office later for rush prices or if they will just go empty. Someone should go by and ask! cheeky

Sunday in the Park Rush Tickets
 Mar 1 2017, 11:59:40 AM

pnewelljr said: "Did anyone try to rush this morning? What was the line like?

"

I rushed this morning and it wasn't too bad. I think the first few people in line got there around 4 or 5 am, and a lot more people start showing up around 7 am. Not sure how many tickets they ended up giving out, but I ended up getting tickets in the center of rear orchestra. People in the line were speculating about which tickets they would offer since there are

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jan 3 2017, 03:05:14 PM

zombyw00f said: "In my book, you are profiting by selling Hamilton tickets.  That is scalping.

"

Someone's salty...

In March, I paid professional line sitters about a month's rent to get 2 premium tickets. About a month later, I took casedilla up on her offer and saw the show again after she waited in line for me. In exchange for her line sitting, I bought her tickets. I had no issue doing this, especially when Stubhub was

Worst stage door experience
 Jul 18 2016, 01:20:37 PM

To all of you who brave the crowds at stage door: you're so much braver than me. Kudos.

I've never done stage door before, but when I was 14 years old and lived in a state far, far away from NYC, a kind soul from a Broadway message board like this one got Hugh Jackman to sign and personalize a Boy from Oz playbill for me. She FedEx'ed it to my house with some pictures of him signing it, and it became one of my most cherished possessions for years. I still have it.

Jul 8 2016, 12:36:38 PM

Wick3 said: "https://m.imgur.com/a/iVtib

Line looks very orderly!!! I passed by 30 minutes ago during my break and people on the line told me a girl from cancellation line got a FREE orchestra ticket to last night's show! Wow! A couple's son couldn't make it and they opted to give the ticket to someone from cancellation line. Wow! I guess anything can happen.

"

That's so great to hear! And how kind of that ticketholder to give away their ticket for free when they easily could have sold it...

When I got in through the cancellation line as someone's +1 post-Tony's, I ended up with a SRO ticket, and at intermission, a kind gentleman came up to me and told me to go take his orchestra seat! I was so touched. Tried to decline but he insisted! Random kindness is out there y'all.

Jun 29 2016, 10:25:43 AM

So when the staff is picking people at random, are they picking people to stay in the line to wait further or picking people for the actual available tickets?

Les Miz ticket rush
 Jun 20 2016, 03:57:37 PM

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I've rushed the show a few times! Normally I get there around 7-8 just to be safe. Normally, I was the first in line, but other times I have been second. It gets pretty long by the end. I've normally rushed on Sundays, but on Saturdays/weekdays I've noticed people still get there around 7-8. It might be smart thoufh to get there earlier to secure your spot. If you arrive later your most likely, still getting a ticket. But obviously being firs

Les Miz ticket rush
 Jun 20 2016, 02:56:40 PM

Oh wow! That's so much later than I thought! My friend and I thought we'd have to get there super early in the morning but it seems like that might not be necessary. Thanks for the input!

Les Miz ticket rush
 Jun 20 2016, 02:51:36 PM

Hi there! Has anyone done the Les Miz ticket rush in recent months? I would love to go see it as it's the first musical I ever saw but was wondering how early I should plan on getting there in the morning. Checked the board for existing threads and it looks like everything is pretty old, so any recent updates would be very helpful! Thanks :)

May 26 2016, 07:05:10 PM

Imagine that. steins got in, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A LINE SITTER IN LINE. Vitriol not needed. Although I took a look at your feed and this is possibly the creepiest IG post I've ever seen: https://instagram.com/p/BC8SziaIpaW/

Hope everyone has a good time at the show tonight!

May 26 2016, 04:38:15 PM

Oh. Okay. Thanks for explaining. It's been a long week / day, so I may be slow on the uptake but I'm still not sure what the big deal is. He may be who he says he is, or he might be a linesitter. In any case, does it matter as long as he's following the rules of the line? Anyway...

Good luck to everyone in line today! Stay cool. Seems like tempers are running a bit high out there with the heat.

May 26 2016, 04:24:14 PM

meepsnyc said: "steins said: "
Wow S.O.L.D. and to your boss Robert

I hope Robert didn't authorize this, because if he is, this really destroyed your reputation:

http://imgur.com/rW0KpLO
http://imgur.com/is23Zw6
http://imgur.com/fTST2YP

"

Very confused by this. Your photo(s) seem to say that he's a part of linesittingnyc but you're calling out SOLD? Aren't they 2 different companies....

"

*** lineSTANDINGnyc

May 26 2016, 04:22:57 PM

steins said: "
Wow S.O.L.D. and to your boss Robert

I hope Robert didn't authorize this, because if he is, this really destroyed your reputation:

http://imgur.com/rW0KpLO
http://imgur.com/is23Zw6
http://imgur.com/fTST2YP

"

Very confused by this. Your photo(s) seem to say that he's a part of linesittingnyc but you're calling out SOLD? Aren't they 2 different companies....

May 24 2016, 02:39:20 PM

Shannon Raddin said: "Are all craigslist listings for Hamilton tickets a scam?

"

In my experience, yes. I spent a few weeks scouring CL and had any listings that mentioned "Hamilton" and "Orchestra" emailed to me. None panned out, and most sellers ghosted on me when I asked to meet at the theater so I could verify the tickets were real or when I asked for them to transfer e-tickets to me via Ticketmaster. Not even sure whether

May 24 2016, 11:56:32 AM

MinnieFay said: "I can't wait until July/August when we have the whackjob cancellation line sitters who have been camping out for 48-72 hours in the 90 degree heat getting in and the VIP crowd and regular ticket buyers are forced to sit next to people who look (and smell) like the homeless!

"

That's not really fair. Is the situation ridiculous? Yes. Should the theater do something about it? Yes. However, a little empat

May 24 2016, 08:54:00 AM

After the SOLD saga that happened last week, I ended up having an extremely positive experience with them so I wanted to share. I know they aren't the most popular on the board, but they were a perfect solution for me. I didn't have the time to dedicate to waiting, I couldn't afford most of the resale tickets in the seats I wanted (even when waiting right until showtime for prices to drop), but SOLD was in my price range so I decided to try them out.

After my original S

May 21 2016, 08:53:50 AM

But what if you're like missedattuck and get there to wait overnight knowing you only want the evening show? IMO that means anyone who tries for the afternoon show and doesn't get in should go behind anyone who has stated their preference for only the evening show. Is that how it works? 

May 20 2016, 01:19:20 PM

Anyone in line today? Would love to know how many tickets end up getting offered!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You