News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybinge

broadwaybinge Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybinge
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE WAVERLY GALLERY (2018) Previews
 Sep 25 2018, 08:53:30 PM

Was at the final dress last night. As a fan of all involved, I left mostly disappointed. Lila Neugebauer failed to make sense of the text (which I have always considered one of my favorite Lonnergan pieces) in any meaningful fashion. I would have liked to see more of the "memory play" aspect show up in some capacity, but Lila seems to have made very few choices at all, particularly when it comes to the Daniel asides. Lucas Hedges is a masterful listener, but felt a little lost in th

FROZEN to Offcially Hit Broadway
 Feb 14 2018, 11:20:51 PM

From a friend working on the show: the ice castle is in. 

Kerry Washington just said she has "a play she's circling"
 Jan 7 2018, 11:38:59 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Iceman Cometh?"

Can't imagine she would step into a play where the roles for women are virtually non-existent. 

METEOR SHOWER Previews
 Oct 30 2017, 11:45:56 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Yass's Laura! How were Keegan and Jeremy?"

Keegan is funny, but playing within what we've seen him do before. Pretty consistently alternating between being loud and being arrogant. His best bits are with Laura. 

Jeremy Shamos is great and serves as the much-needed grounding for the play. Him and Amy Schumer had fantastic chemistry. 

METEOR SHOWER Previews
 Oct 30 2017, 11:24:50 PM

Was at the invited dress tonight. Overall, one of the funniest plays I've seen in recent memory. A tight 90 minutes that only feels two minutes too long.

You heard it here first: another Tony for Laura Benanti. I'm blown away by her comedic timing. I don't think she had a single line that the audience didn't howl at.

Amy Schumer definitely held her own. I'm sure she'll ease into the story as performances continue. I think it definitely helped to have

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Aug 15 2017, 04:37:52 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "I'm not sure why but previews are almost always in at 8 pm. I'm sure they will adjust for regular performances after it officially opens."

I'm assuming this is to accommodate rehearsals during the day. 

Frozen Presale Code
 Aug 12 2017, 10:57:22 AM

I have not yet purchased any tickets using the code sent to my email, but Ticketmaster keeps telling me: "The number of tickets you requested exceeds the maximum allowed with your password. Please decrease the number of tickets you are requesting and try again. Please enter a new offer code and try again." The maximum is apparently eight, but I am only trying to get two. Is this happening to anyone else? What do I do? 

SIGNIFICANT OTHER to Announce Broadway Closing?
 Apr 13 2017, 10:34:47 AM

Just came back from the box office and it seems they've raised the rush price to $45 for the final week of performances. 

Film adaptation of Stephen Karam's Speech and Debate gets release date - April 2017
 Apr 7 2017, 12:29:44 PM

MrsSallyAdams said: "Mixed reviews are trickling in.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/speech_and_debate_2017

I enjoyed this play on stage but it sounds like the film has chopped out the child predator plot. Thus we get a sexless and heavily censored adaptation of a play about teen sexuality and censorship."

As part of this, Solomon does not struggle with his sexuality in the film, which is a pretty major arc of the play. This surprised me considering Karam wrote the screenplay. Disappointing that a movie celebrating individuality and "freeing your voice" can't have two gay characters. 

AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
 May 26 2016, 07:07:08 PM

Sad. One of the only shows of the season that I haven't been able to stop thinking about.

Saddest Bway Performances
 May 23 2016, 07:37:49 PM

I've seen Wicked eight times and "For Good" still unironically kills me. And then Glinda up there in that bubble, not knowing that her best friend is still alive. I'm never not crying through the last ten minutes. 

What will they perform at the Tonys?
 May 17 2016, 10:27:09 PM

As sure a bet as "I'm Here" is, I'm secretly hoping for "Miss Celie's Pants" to be immortalized. Pure joy when Cynthia sings, "Look who's wearing the pants NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" 

BRIGHT STAR Rush
 May 17 2016, 12:11:38 PM

Went last Thursday with a friend around 9 a.m. (6th and 7th in line) and got three tickets in the left box. Left a little upset, but after seeing the show, I can't imagine a better seat. Not quite sure how they're doing rush, though; a friend tried to get a rush ticket around 4 p.m. and they told him they were out and offered him a discounted balcony ticket ($39?) instead, but I had another friend go around an hour later and they offered her a $30 rush ticket in th

The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
 May 17 2016, 12:06:12 PM

I rushed the Friday of Heather Headley's first week. My friend and I arrived at 7:10 a.m. and were 10th and 11th in line. I got two $35 rush tickets (row C of mezz, far left and right) and she got one $35 ticket and one $59 "partial view" ticket (rows C and D of the orchestra, far left). The box office sold the boxes first, but I think the mezz definitely gives you a better view (and another friend and I got to move at intermission to

Ham Lotto Winning Stories
 May 16 2016, 10:45:51 PM

I won the digital lottery a couple of weeks ago after 38 entries. Frantically entered my credit card info. Called my best friend. Started crying. There is hope! 

Who should replace Scherzinger in CATS?
 May 13 2016, 03:08:20 PM

Ever since her Sound of Music performance at the Oscars, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Lady Gaga. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You