News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bronxfan

Member Name: Bronxfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What shows have you walked out on?
 May 29 2018, 02:20:58 PM
Going to the theatre for over 40 years and I have never walked out of a show. There is only one show that I ever fell asleep. That was the mid-1990’s revival of Timon of Athens. Never have I been so bored at a Broadway show.
Re
 May 23 2018, 10:03:07 AM

I have read Not Since Carrie several times and the one show I wish had made it to Broadway was Colette with Diana Rigg.  I think it closed on the road, but it sounds like it would have been fascinating.

By the way, wasn't the author supposed to be working on a second part?  Think of all the flops he could include since Carrie?

The Next Great Broadway Revival
 Apr 23 2018, 02:19:18 PM
How about an Applause revival with Charles Busch as Margo Channing?
Betty Buckley in Song and Dance
 Mar 27 2018, 04:42:57 PM

Gemma Craven won the Olivier Award (back when it was still called the SWET award) for They're Playing Our Song in 1979.

Which Other Musicals Should Lincoln Center/Bart Sher Revive?
 Mar 17 2018, 05:21:57 PM
I think they should consider a production of On Your Toes - it has been 35 years since the last revival. And I even have an idea for casting - recently retired ABT prime Diana Vishneva as Vera.
Way to early 2018 Tony Awards predictions!
 Dec 8 2017, 04:00:03 PM
Don’t forget Diana Rigg - I know the role of Mrs Higgins is non-singing but Rigg should be wonderful.
Worst cast albums
 Nov 26 2017, 09:56:12 PM
The 1991 revival of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Jason Donovan and Linzi Hatley. It really manages to ruin every single note of the score. Maybe because it is so inferior to the 1982 version with Bill Hutton and Laurie Beechman.
re: favorite funny songs from musicals?
 Sep 13 2017, 09:18:41 PM

Civilization - from Angel in the Wings

Elaine Stritch sang it in her solo show and Dyan Cannon sang it when she hosted The Muppet Show.

re: What shows did you do in high school?
 Sep 5 2017, 02:50:53 PM

Freshman year - Oklahoma

Sophomore year - Guys and Dolls

Junior year - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Senior year - West Side Story

Has dreamgirls been confirmed?
 Aug 27 2017, 04:43:32 PM

BenjaminNicholas2 said: "Dreamgirls is one of those lightning in a bottle shows:  They were incredibly lucky to find Holliday as a replacement for Nell Carter.  Her expressive voice and the dynamic in which she could sing made her Effie something that no other singer has quite captured again.  It was raw.  

Lillias White was close.  She had a more metered approach to the vocal, but it was almost equally as exciting to listen to.  Her voca

Best film adaptations of plays
 Jul 24 2017, 12:22:48 PM

I know the film has its flaws, but I love Wait Until Dark.  The last scene with Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin is classic.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You