News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rjnyyz

Member Name: rjnyyz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In Dreams in Toronto
 Oct 3 2023, 12:18:35 PM

& Juliet was one of my favorite new shows to come around in a while, and In Dreams sadly is not.

I appreciate the creative team trying something a little different. Hearing the classic songs of Roy Orbison (& the Traveling Wilbury's) is definitely the highlight and reason to see the show.  

I have to give props to the cast, they seem to be enjoying themselves and giving their full effort. And of course Lena singing is always going to be a treat.

The

The Nosebleed - audience participation?
 Aug 12 2022, 11:45:34 PM

Firstly, nothing is mandatory.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Right off the bat the cast talk about personal failure stories and then they ask if anyone in the audience wanted to share one of their own.  One person did and then the play moved on.

There is also a simple survey.  Who loves their father, hands up.  Who hate

& JULIET Will Have Pre-Broadway Engagement In Toronto
 Jun 22 2022, 11:32:42 PM

Just came from opening night here in Toronto and this show was a delight from start to finish!  The crowd loved it, and the cast was energetic and in great voice.  It was not only fun, but moved at a great pace, always keeping the momentum going.  If it reminded me of any show it would be Mamma Mia. They respected these popular songs and their melodies while still fitting them into this new story.

After such a long lock down here it's the perfect reminder of how fun

In your opinion, do broadway-bound (well, they *hope* to be BB) shows receive honest criticism from those who attend previews?
 Jun 6 2022, 10:27:10 PM

I very recently saw Trading Places in Atlanta, and they sent a post-show questionaire that specifically asks for feedback on the show that would go directly to the producers.  IIRC there were some specific questions, but there was definitely a blank space to provide any comments or suggestions you wanted to write.

I was impressed that they did this. Hopefully they will garner some useful feedback from a variety of audience members.

& JULIET Will Have Pre-Broadway Engagement In Toronto
 May 6 2022, 01:01:05 PM

I live in Toronto and have flown to and from USA several times. Never been selected for random test at airport.  There are lots of places all around city for the required rapid test to fly back.  Numerous drug stores offer it both with or without an appointment.  (and also at the airport itself)

My Name is Lucy Barton
 Nov 29 2019, 11:29:48 AM

I was able to see this in London from fairly close up. I've long admired Laura Linney on stage and screen, and she didn't disappoint.    As a one person show, she portrayed the characters wonderfully and it was always clear which person she was.  The play was fine but not overly engaging or impactful for me.    While watching Laura certainly held my interest for the duration, several times I perhaps was waiting for more dramatic arc, or catharsis or revelation

Different shows with similar plots
 Aug 18 2019, 07:05:54 PM

A friend recently explained all the similarities between the basic premise of The King and I and The Sound of Music which surprised me.  (Free spirited single woman meets authoritarian attached man, immediately at odds, helps raise the children, but eventually find love)

I noticed that despite the huge difference in tone and execution, both Come From Away was strikingly similar in premise to The Band's Visit.

Group of travelling foreigners get unexpectedly stranded

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG National Tour
 Sep 19 2018, 03:10:41 PM

Can anyone confirm if they were able to recreate the amazing physical staging they had on Broadway for the tour?  

Do the Producers of the Tony Awards telecast know who's going to win?
 Aug 23 2018, 11:52:06 AM

Can't speak for the Tony awards, but i worked at the accounting firm that tabulated and kept the results of another televised awards show.   There were definitely questions between the producers and the partner of the firm, such as, 'We were thinking of having performer X appear during this part of the broadcast, would that be a good idea?"   The partner would answer.  It may be a technicality, but never was the winner of a particular award the quest

Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
 May 13 2018, 09:36:29 PM

Question--Now that it is explained why understudies may not be ready during previews, can someone with knowledge please explain just out of curiosity.   What are understudies typically doing during previews?   Are they paid?  Are they watching the performances so that they can be ready for when the show officially opens?   Or are they not present, since there is no time for them to be rehearsed?  Or does each show and/or actor have a diff

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Sep 8 2017, 01:17:36 PM

telecharge is advising that Michael Lee Brown is performing the role for evening (i.e. October 31st) and Sunday shows including the November weekend that was supposed to be the last weekend for Ben Platt. (not just the matinees we already knew he was covering)

Is this some kind of mistake?  (the general information about who is performing the role and when remains unchanged, but when you go to actually buy tickets, this is when the notification comes up.)

Anyone know what i

Horror/Suspense Driven Musicals
 Sep 6 2017, 02:54:03 PM

Evil Dead the musical is violent and gory and sometimes scary,  though not really in a serious way, IMO. Horror with humor you might say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Dead_(musical)

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Aug 21 2017, 03:14:25 PM

Looks like Ben is on a week of doctor recommended vocal rest!   Hope he gets better soon.

Exchange 2 tix on Tues. Aug 15 in NYC for 2 tix any dates Oct. 14-30 in NYC
 May 6 2017, 12:25:37 AM

Hello, I have 2 tickets for Tues. Aug. 15, Orchestra Row O, Seats 26-28 in NYC.

Really hoping to trade for 2 tickets to any show in NYC during the dates Oct. 14 - Oct. 30.

Please let me know.  Thanks. :)

Tony Nominating Committee and diversity
 Apr 28 2017, 03:27:25 AM

Does anyone know how the Tony nominating committee deals with diversity of acting nominees? This year, unlike last, one could easily have a scenario where all 20 of the musical acting nominees be Caucasian.  

Do they try to address diversity before the vote and hope for the best?  Or are they able to adjust/re-vote if need be after the initial results, simply to avoid a backlash situation similar to the Academy awards in recent years.   

If you

Andy Karl tonight
 Apr 15 2017, 12:59:43 AM

So, would it be correct to assume then that Broadway shows in general do NOT have a doctor or medical personnel on premises?   Just wondering if there are exceptions, i.e. Cirque show with acrobatics or Spiderman.  Any information/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TodayTix Discount Code!
 Oct 2 2016, 10:39:40 AM

LBXHN

:)   Thanks to anyone who uses the code for a discount!

Mandy Gonzalez Hamilton
 Sep 6 2016, 11:11:19 PM

saw show for first time tonight,  so nothing to compare her to,  but she stood out among many amazing  performances.  she was moving,  and vocally a powerhouse!!  would love to see a comprehensive comparison of original performances vs.  replacements now that most principal roles have left.   

2 Hamilton tix Sept 6th, for exchange only for earlier dates.
 Jun 15 2016, 11:34:03 PM

I have 2 Hamilton tickets, Tuesday September 6th, 7pm. Orchestra Row T Seats 26 & 28.

I would like to exchange ONLY these for two tickets to Hamilton for any dates between June 24, July 5. Will consider non orchestra seats. 
I am the original purchaser, and these were bought from Ticketmaster and i have original documentation and confirmation number. 
Please message me if you are interested.
Cheers,

Robert

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You