News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for umbrellaman

Member Name: umbrellaman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

...JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread
 Apr 2 2018, 01:19:27 AM
Great fun! One of the advantages of these one-offs is you get leading role talent in some of the supporting roles. Norm Lewis, Ben Daniels show what can happen with that.
My major nitpicks was the staging of Simon Zealotes and Superstar which were fine performances but dramatically flat. Jesus just shrugges at the stormtroopers and they leave. The 2000 film does a better job with the mob overpowering the stormtroopers and illustrating the point of the song - which is the mob is itching

Two shows in a day?
 Apr 13 2017, 11:01:23 PM

I am in the right place with kindred spirits.  In order to maximize my trip to London many years ago, I saw six musicals in three days.  The West End has more variable matinee days, not just Wed and weekends.  I did two on Thursday, one on Friday, and three on Saturday(1pm, 4pm, and 8pm)  Could have thrown in a seventh Friday afternoon, but went sightseeing instead.

Sunday in the Park with George performances
 Apr 13 2017, 10:46:22 PM

How do people think this compares with the Roundabout revival?  The limited run and other factors made making this one difficult, but in truth, we saw the last one from the third row and were blown away, it was one of those all-time experiences, and didn't have a strong urge to see it again.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Sep 19 2016, 12:23:24 AM

Angelica would probably be closer to a fit for Lea Michele.

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Sep 15 2016, 04:51:35 PM

I saw the show for the first time last night, thanks to a tip from these boards that a few tickets from this block were being sold the night of the Tony's.  So this board allowed me to see the show a few months ahead.

Tickets were center rear mezz one row from the top.   Someone had told me there were no bad seats in the house, and these were certainly not.   One isn't going to get the same experience as if you are up front, but these weren't bad sea

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Aug 9 2016, 04:17:43 PM

Is it unusual that they haven't announced a new Lafayette/Jefferson yet?   They've brought in outside folks for the other principals (don't count Javier Munoz), rather than elevate a current cast member.   However, since the only thing in the rumor mill is Jevon McFerrin rehearsing to be a swing - perhaps the plan is to get him ready and then officially name one of the current understudies?   Perhaps they can't do that quite yet because they need the flexib

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Aug 4 2016, 10:52:12 AM

Still no permanent Lafayette/Jefferson replacement announced?

Daveed Diggs Set to Depart HAMILTON on Friday
 Jul 16 2016, 01:47:00 PM

We have tickets in September - (number of reasons why we missed out on the first year - but thanks to a tip from these boards, seeing it sooner than otherwise) - we were fine with seeing Javier and had mentally "priced in" not seeing Leslie Odom or Phillipa Soo, and were relatively happy with Daveed and Renee still in.  Daveed was the member of the OBC that we most wanted to see.

But at the end of the day, the show will go on.  The stock for the actors will nev

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You