News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Zamedy154

Member Name: Zamedy154
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Max Clayton was amazing tonight!  Jun 15 2022, 05:43:00 PM

I remember him from DOLLY!  He's so handsome.

He and his boyfriend (fiance?) Matt Doyle are certainly having one helluva week.

PLEASE tell me they're both as kind and sweet in person as they seem.

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  Dec 21 2021, 08:16:16 PM

I just returned from a 3pm showing with my mom (she’s 73). We were the only ones in the theatre

My mom said she preferred the original and then went on to rave about the original screen Bernardo. 

I thought this movie was beautiful, even breathtaking at parts. We both loved Rita Moreno (how could you not). How great would it be for her to be nominated for an Oscar for this role?

I was worried about the long running time, but it never felt boring and to me it didn’t ‘feel’ like we sat there for almost three hours.

Why does this musical still work? The music. That music, those melodies, are among the greatest ever written. The orchestrations in “Mambo” and, of course, “America” give me chills. IMO, there isn’t a ‘clunker’ in the score. 

One question - did anyone notice two possible Easter eggs (nods) to the original Anita, Chita? I swear in the one scene where Tony is in a subway station, the word “Chita” was on the wall behind him as ‘graffiti.’ That got me thinking.. wouldn’t it be cool if they gave her a nod during America? And wouldn’t you know, during one part of the song they dance in front of a store sign that says “Rivera’s.” Anyone else notice these things? 

Is there a list of the  Jul 25 2021, 10:14:10 AM
I’m delighted to see my alma mater, Ithaca College, included in this thread. This relatively small school has produced an incredible roster of musical theatre alums, perhaps more than people realize. Among them... Kerry Butler, Aaron Tveit, Jeremy Jordan, Q Smith and Matt Cavanaugh, just to name a few.

And while he’s not in musical theatre, a shoutout to my ‘02 classmate, Ben Feldman (Superstore).

44th Kennedy Center Honorees  Jul 25 2021, 10:00:06 AM
Over-the-moon happy for Bette.

Her response, as quoted in the linked article, is classy, humble and brilliantly said.

Congratulations to all the honorees. I look forward to watching this every December. It has often aired in that week between Christmas and New Year’s and is a nice post-Christmas pick-me-up.

Muppet Movie Musicals Appreciation Thread  May 25 2021, 08:16:58 AM

As a child of the 80s, I grew up in the heyday of the original Muppet movies - The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan. I was listening to a few of the songs recently and just got lost in the brilliance of so many of them...

"Rainbow Connection".

"Movin' Right Along"

"Hey, A Movie!" (Great opening!)

"Happiness Hotel" (Absolutely hilarious)

"The First Time It Happens&q

Netflix's THE PROM official thread/reviews/reactions  Dec 13 2020, 02:44:40 PM

My brief thoughts (I saw the show on Broadway and fell in love with it. Beth Leavel is a QUEEN!):

-I loved it. It's a feel good, never-takes-itself-too-seriously two hours of joy and fun with a timely message. And the timing of its release... after a disgustingly divisive four years in this country, with hope finally around the corner in both a vaccine and new administration.. is perfection.

-Meryl is one of the finest actors on the planet today. Period. I wouldn't class

ANNIE (1977 Original Broadway Cast)  Nov 27 2020, 12:09:10 PM

Great pic! Thanks for sharing. 

Good point about it now being 'a kid show.' Just judging from the Tony clip, it seemed much more like an 'event' and never had the feel of 'a kid show.' It was Broadway at its best.

I recently watched a clip of the troubled '97 showing Nell Carter in 'Easy Street.' As strong and veteran a performer Carter was, her 'Easy Street' (with her Rooster and Lily) weren't even in the same hemisph

ANNIE (1977 Original Broadway Cast)  Nov 27 2020, 09:56:07 AM

So this show fits into two categories for me right now:

-SHOWS YOU'RE CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH

-OPENING NIGHT YOU'D LOVE TO GO BACK TO SEE

I've always enjoyed Annie but never been 'blown away' by any of the touring productions I've seen. And then you watch that glorious 10-minute performance from the Tonys and you can't help but smile from ear to ear the entire time. You instantly get why the original was such a hit and spawned revival after rev

The Disney Golden Years Formula  Oct 16 2020, 04:24:27 PM

Not the original golden years, but rather the rebirth of Disney animation that brought us what are now animated classics-turned Broadway musicals...

The same formula was used over and over again, but it worked so well because they knocked it out of the park every time. Not a clunker in the whole bunch. I'm so glad I grew up when I did so I could enjoy these in succession as a kid/teen and see them evolve on stage and screen once again.

The Little

Current obsession: The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas  Aug 29 2020, 07:47:26 AM

Perhaps a very underrated score. I LOVE "A Lil' Ole Bitty Pissant Country Place." Such a great, catchy, fun, upbeat song that also establishes character and advances the plot. Obsessed with the actress who plays Miss Mona.

Any other fans? How well was this received at the time?

B'way closed thru 1/3 now  Jun 30 2020, 08:31:50 AM

1. No Broadway means no touring Broadway shows as well, right? The ripple effects of this shutdown are also devastating to so many theatre districts nationwide, including restaurants who depend on the touring Broadway show weeks to survive.

2. Apologize for the ignorance of this question, but are all out-of-work Broadway actors, musicians, technicians, stage crew etc. on unemployment? If you're a member of a current show (HAMILTON, WICKED, MEAN GIRLS, etc.) are the shows still payi

Rumor: HELLO, DOLLY! on HBO?  Mar 22 2020, 09:34:23 AM

Funny timing of this post.

As I look at Broadway videos on YouTube to help occupy my time, I was reminded of a video posted shortly after the closing of the show of Bette's FINAL FINAL performance of the title song. Electric is an understatement. I was fortunate enough to be there that night (August 25th) and will never forget that experience for as long as I live. But the (illegal) video was, admittedly, a thrilling way to relive those 8 minutes. Not long after it was posted, the

ANNIE: Why was Dorothy Loudon so great?  Jul 18 2019, 03:24:06 PM

GIRLS! GIRLS!!  Violence is never wise...

THE BODYGUARD to Broadway - What Happened?  Jul 2 2019, 04:59:12 PM

I'll pile on and agree. A truly awful piece of 'musical theatre.' Cox was the one and only highlight (and is genuinely a very nice person and gracious with her fans). The whole time I was watching it at Shea's in Buffalo I was thinking -- is this real, or am I trapped in some SNL skit of actors acting in a horrible production? It was laughable for all the wrong reasons.

Is the choreography for THE PROM bad?  Jun 30 2019, 03:16:45 PM
All analytics of choreography aside, this company is CRUSHING it. Their enthusiasm up there is inspiring.

Was the company really singing ‘Tonight Belongs To Us/It’s Time To Dance’ at the Tonys while also dancing their faces off? I’ve watched it over and over again and thought ‘how can they sound so loud and do good while doing that/after just doing all that?’ I thought the same with HAIRSPRAY performing ‘You Can’t Stop The Beat’ although that choreography was much less frenetic.

Is the choreography for THE PROM bad?  Jun 29 2019, 12:04:09 PM
This debate popped up on YouTube with the clip from the Tony performance. Several people were asking how the show couldnt possibly have been nominated for Best Choreography. One poster said it was because the choreography was glorified cheerleading moves and did not do what its supposed to do - tell a story.

I love the show and loved the Tony performance, but the choreography does bother me at times. It feels over-choreographed at times... to the point where the amazing Beth Leavel alm

Comedic Showstoppers  Jun 28 2019, 01:14:06 PM
“(You’re) Timeless to Me” from HAIRSPRAY
Ryan Murphy To Develop Film Adaptation Of THE PROM For Netflix  Jun 26 2019, 08:17:07 AM

Hollywood's been giving the middle finger to the Broadway stars who originated roles for years. Just ask Ethel Merman.

Rock of Ages revival at New World Stages  Jun 5 2019, 06:15:01 PM

I saw the tour last night in Buffalo. The current cast is incredibly talented. All of their voices are INSANE. It's a fun show that never takes itself too seriously.

That said, it had a 'cheap' feel to it compared to the original touring production I saw several years ago - from the set to the wigs to the wardrobe. I didn't enjoy a lot of the show being staged on a catwalk between two spiral staircases above the main stage. It also seemed longer - but maybe that's j

Bernadette Peters  May 14 2019, 03:02:36 PM

Wanted to share this with everyone on this board...

I was talking to a neighbor last night who now lives in Western New York but used to be a police officer in NYC. He was stationed in the precinct that includes Times Square. He was recalling that as a rookie officer, he was often stationed right outside the Marriott Marquis and, more specifically, the Marquis Theatre. This was during the run of the revival of 'Annie Get Your Gun.' He said he would see Bernadette almost nightly

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You