News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheEngineer892

TheEngineer892 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheEngineer892
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 29 2016, 10:21:25 AM

I also think that they should bring The Thuy from the West End Revival over, his voice is fantastic.

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 28 2016, 11:06:05 PM

South Florida said: "Ellen should be an actress in her 20's.

"That is true. But Tamsin Carroll, who just played Ellen in the London Revival is 37...

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 28 2016, 04:36:37 PM

I can see both sides of the coin with Megan Hilty. But we must remember that she was a lead on a television show and was Glinda in Wicked, but she took a supporting role in Noises Off. She might not be as picky as we think

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 28 2016, 10:47:08 AM

Rachelle Ann Go is honestly perfection

Beauty and the Beast Film-No
 Jun 28 2016, 10:34:50 AM

It was especially teasing in the trailer when they used the IICLH piano underscore...

Beauty and the Beast Film-No "If I Can't Love Her"
 Jun 28 2016, 09:53:11 AM

Alan Menken released sometime ago that "If I Can't Love Her" would not be in the live action adaptation of this film, and that he wrote a new song called "Forever More," for the Beast. Reasoning bring that IICLH was specifically written as a way to close Act 1, and that they don't believe it works in a film context. While I am sure the new song Menken wrote is probably brilliant, I believe If I Can't Love Her is one of Menken's most well written songs ever,

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
 Jun 28 2016, 09:24:57 AM

Well, you may feel that way, but the rest of America would not agree with you. Especially the 11 Tony Awards the show received. It isn't mocking musical theatre, it is a brilliant piece of theatre. The lyrics in this show are exemplary. There is a reason why there is so much hype.

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 27 2016, 09:08:38 PM

Josh Henry would be a fantastic choice! I was also thinking MAYBE Megan Hilty for Ellen? Or would we be too lucky to have Tveit, Henry and Hilty all in one show?

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 27 2016, 07:34:05 PM

My mistake. I never heard anything about him being from America. I still do not think he is extraordinary. But we will see how he does in 2017. 

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 27 2016, 07:02:40 PM

I am sure he is great, but he also was probably even more favorable seeing as the London revival cast was kind of ehhh with the exception of Noblezeda. But I just don't see the point in bringing him over. Noblezeda is actually from America, and they brought her to London, so it makes s se for her to do it. But I know there must be plenty of Asian actors over here in the US that can justifiably play the role just as well or better than him. They brought Lea Salonga and Jonathan Pryce over

2016-2017 Season
 Jun 27 2016, 06:30:21 PM

Not really an exciting season...we were quite spoiled this past season though, to say the least.

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 27 2016, 06:25:28 PM

Dave13 said: "Can you have a production of Miss Saigon, and not have Jon Jon Briones as the Engineer?

"

I agree so much! I don't understand the hype surrounding him. I think Terrence Mann would be perfect for the part, but then Macintosh has his whole "I won't cast a non-Asian actor in the role ever again" thing. Which I do understand, but still. I am sure there are plenty of actors who can do the role more justic

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 27 2016, 06:19:46 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Braindead won't be around much longer, IMO.

"

I agree. I really do hope it is him. He is quite perfect for it.

Typecasting on Broadway
 Jun 27 2016, 05:07:17 PM

HogansHero said: "Is BWW running some kind of special on new screen names this week? 5 for the price of 1 or something?

"

I don't understand?

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 27 2016, 04:58:11 PM

The confirmed are Eva Noblezeda and Jon Jon Briones from the London Revival. Any rumor about other casting possibilities? I know everyone is wanting Aaron Tveit to be Chris...but will we be that lucky? Any thoughts about which theatre it will be in?

Typecasting on Broadway
 Jun 27 2016, 04:33:31 PM

When training as an actor, typecasting is a major topic that comes into discussion, with teachers making it clear that you need to know what kind of roles you can play. But lately, I have been noticing that typecasting seems to be a fading thing. It's a major thing when it comes to Golden Age Musicals, but it seems as if we are entering into an age where not being the correct "type" is a thing of the past. I see actors playing roles in which I would have personally thought

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
 Jun 27 2016, 04:22:23 PM

Maybe Michael B. Jordan as Burr and keep Lin Manuel Miranda as Hamilton? If you are talking about now.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You