News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Oak2

Oak2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Oak2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Video Game Musicals  Jun 12 2018, 10:24:40 PM

Ah right. I always mix the two up. But yeah, it has a lot of story that could be expanded on. Really a lot of games, but especially rpg's, have enough lore and worldbuilding that a decent show could be made out of them. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout, Legend of Zelda (though Zelda would be pretty tricky - we've seen before what we can get when we try to actually give Link a voice...). And many more.

And alas I don't have connections. I wish I did because this would be fun

Video Game Musicals  Jun 12 2018, 10:14:05 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Oh Lawd, SUCH a can of worms type of question for me!

Yo, I just had a brilliant idea: can we organize a Broadway Stars Play Smash Bros. fundraiser?!

"

That image is Fire Emblem Heroes isn't it? Though Fire Emblem is a series I think that would make a really good and entertaining musical!  And I agree - seeing Stars play Smash or Mario Party or anything like that would be a blast. And now I'm wondering who Sutton Foster would main....

Video Game Musicals  Jun 12 2018, 09:55:39 PM

The hype and excitement of E3 this week has had me in that kind of mood to enjoy one of my other loves in life - video games - and got me to thinking - there's been a lot of great musicals done by adapting all sorts of media - but to my knowledge there hasn't yet been an attempt to adapt a video game's story. I could see certain games possibly working either as a commercial endeavor, artistic, or both - some games really do have complex and beautiful stories that could lend themse

Band's Visit not worth 9 Tonys  Jun 12 2018, 07:32:32 PM

Impossible2 said: "Oak2 said: "
The Band's Visit winning its awards does not in anyway invalidate my own opinions and tastes, so I can be happy that it found popularity and acclaim even if I do not like it. "

You haven't even seen it so your opinion is completely invalid.

"Wrong. I am always allowed to judge something based on what is available to me before choosing whether it's worth spending money on, and am allowe

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18  Jun 12 2018, 12:45:25 AM

Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

Is it really THAT surprising?
"

For an original show that didn't win the Tony Award for best musical and not based off of a movie, yes it is.
"

What about a show about 9/11 playing in New York?

Still surprised?
"

A show about 9/11 that takes

Official Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions Thread  Jun 12 2018, 12:24:09 AM

Literally nothing wins as Broadway is gone forever as Trump nukes the entire district as punishment for Robert De Niro's actions on the Tony Awards. The only performance in the season will be De Niro's public execution in one of the theaters before the missiles are fired.

Band's Visit not worth 9 Tonys  Jun 11 2018, 11:53:39 PM

It deserved everything it was awarded with, just as every single Tony award that has ever been awarded was deserved by the recipient. There is NO SUCH THING as an "undeserved" Tony - if the Tony voters chose it, then it deserved it because it was good enough in the eyes of the Tony voters to get the award.

Them winning a Tony does not mean you are not allowed to dislike it. It does not mean that you are not allowed to wish a different show would have won it instead, nor does

The problem with Spongebob  Jun 11 2018, 11:30:38 PM

SempreLiberal said: "Rainah said: "Meanwhile, I put both Spongebob AND The Band's Visit into my "not for me" pile. Is there no happy medium between empty spectacle and touching but boring as heck drama? (Yes, I know, opinions may vary. Neither are for me)"

[DINA]Let me tell you about Petah Tikva
Such a city, everybody loves it!
Lots of fun, lots of art, lots of culture
That's Petah Tikva, with a "P"

W

Bandstand  Jun 11 2018, 07:45:02 PM

denali.fire said: "Anyone know if these fantom events have intermissions?"

I remember there being an intermission during the Fathom event of Miss Saigon when that happened. And then another sort of intermission after the show ended before they showed a bunch of extra bonus stuff.

The problem with Spongebob  Jun 11 2018, 07:35:31 PM

Impossible2 said: "Rainah said: "Meanwhile, I put both Spongebob AND The Band's Visit into my "not for me" pile. Is there no happy medium between empty spectacle and touching but boring as heck drama? (Yes, I know, opinions may vary. Neither are for me)"

Bands Visit is not even remotely boring.
"

Boring is subjective. I know if the whole show was like that Tony performance, than to me The Band's Visit is extremely boring

Dear "STANS" ...  Jun 11 2018, 12:38:12 PM

As bad as both Stans and Elitist Snob Gatekeepers can be, the divisions and horrific fandoms in Broadway are nothing compared to many other areas - especially video games. In comparison, this whole weekend including while the Tonys are going on, E3 is also happening - the biggest event of the year in the video gaming world. And the console wars are at a fever pitch. Fans of Broadway shows have nothing on the Sony vs. Microsoft vs. Nintendo stans flame wars.

Which Musical Numbers Helped  Jun 11 2018, 11:42:35 AM

For me personally, Once on This Island, My Fair Lady, and SpongeBob had the best looking performances that made me absolutely want to see the show. Summer, Carousel and Frozen were alright but had flaws and not enough to make me want to see it. Mean Girls was a mess and definitely convinced me I do not want to see that. And unlike the impression most seemed to get, for me The Band's Visit was a complete turn-off. I zoned out about midway through it. Emotion and thought-provoking and all t

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 11 2018, 12:40:08 AM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Thinking on it,Carouselreally made the dumbest choice for its performance."

I respectfully disagree. Considering even who they chose to introduce it, it's clear they realized the strongest point of their show was the dancing, especially as they won Best Choreography, so they chose a number that would show that off and bring the focus of the show and why people should see it on the great dancing/choreography.. To be fair thou

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 11 2018, 12:17:33 AM

South Fl Marc said: "Oak2 said: "bwayrose7 said: "I genuinely loved TBV - I thought it was smart, surprisingly funny, and moved me to tears. I don't consider myself an elite, pretentious snob (I count Wicked and Anastasia among some of my favorite musicals), but I appreciate the small, delicate shows as much as the big, glorious ones. I get that it's not to everyone's taste, but I wish some posters would stop painting everyone with a single brush just be

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 11:38:51 PM

bwayrose7 said: "I genuinely loved TBV - I thought it was smart, surprisingly funny, and moved me to tears. I don't consider myself an elite, pretentious snob (I count Wicked and Anastasia among some of my favorite musicals), but I appreciate the small, delicate shows as much as the big, glorious ones. I get that it's not to everyone's taste, but I wish some posters would stop painting everyone with a single brush just because they disagree.

Congrats to all the

What is the Fate of SPONGEBOB?  Jun 10 2018, 11:34:59 PM

Now that the elititists have taken firm control of the industry again, SpongeBob, all of its cast and crew, and all of its fans, will be summarily executed. The Palace will remain open during construction solely to showcase the torture and executions of all who have different opinions and tastes from the Broadway elite. Disney will allow this to happen because THEY want to be the sole Corporate Overlord in charge of Broadway, and will accept this huge pushback against Viacom, while sendi

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 11:31:12 PM

Elegance101 said: "Tag said: "Some thoughts:

Alex Newell & Caissie Levy win the night, showing up thenominators.
"

Agree with you on Newell, not much on Levy. For me, she redeemed the show after FTFTIF gave a weak performance.
"

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction to the Frozen number - I thought Murin's Anna was great and loved that FTFTIF, while when Levy showed up I thought she looked way too old to be Elsa and d

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 11:24:40 PM

Robbie2 said: "Frenchbacon said: "In my opinion based on the disappointing performance, TBV did NOT deserve Best Musical. But, as always, the ATW can never be relied on."

The performance - Omar Sharif from TBV showcased Lena and must been seen in the show and not out of context as performed on the TONYS.

Did you see the show?
"

We shouldn't have to. As he already said, his opinion is based on the Tony performanc

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 11:15:00 PM

Overall a good awards show that had a strong first half and then kind of lost its sizzle as time went on, as all the best shows were earlier in the presentation (I gave my opinions on most of them in an earlier post). I personally didn't like Springsteen at all, but that's because I personally don't like him or his music in the first place, so I really don't care about his life, so I just zoned out for his whole thing. And I forgot to mention Summer - which was pretty much jus

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 11:02:53 PM

Sondheimite said: "South Fl Marc said: "Dear Sondheimite - you are horse**** I sincerely hope all naysayers heads explode

"

Do you know me? Why would you launch words like this at me because you don't agree with my opinions on theatre? You are the type of person that makes theatre a pretentious place where people are scared to join the community because of backlash from fVckweeds who think that they are gatekeepers.

Grow up and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You