pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 3:18pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/10/2018 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: BEAUTIFUL (11.9%), HELLO, DOLLY! (8.7%), SAINT JOAN (7.8%), SCHOOL OF ROCK (7.7%), ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (7.4%), TRAVESTIES (7.0%), THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG (6.9%), SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS (6.5%), CAROUSEL (5.5%), SUMMER (5.2%), CHICAGO (4.8%), ANGELS IN AMERICA (4.1%), ANASTASIA (3.9%), THE BAND'S VISIT (2.8%), WAITRESS (2.7%), THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2.5%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (2.5%), ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE (2.2%), KINKY BOOTS (1.1%), ALADDIN (1.0%), THE ICEMAN COMETH (0.8%), WICKED (0.7%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (0.5%), THE LION KING (0.2%), FROZEN (0.2%), DEAR EVAN HANSEN (0.1%), COME FROM AWAY (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance was: HAMILTON (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 3:20pm

Ouch, Hamilton!

curel1
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 3:38pm

Looks like Mean Girls will be just fine without any Tony awards

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 3:46pm

curel1 said: "Looks like Mean Girls will be just fine without any Tony awards"

It kind of has to be.

barcelona20
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 3:49pm

Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:03pm

It seems most shows had a good week.  What are the long term prospects for Kinky Boots and SpongeBob? 

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:11pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "It seems most shows had a good week. What are the long term prospects for Kinky Boots and SpongeBob?"

I don’t know how long SpongeBob will last but it’s pretty clear given its enormous capitalization that its investors will likely get little to none of their money back. If I had to guess, it will close in January at the latest. It might close after the summer tourist season. 

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

BroadwayAndSports
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:15pm

barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

So happy for them. But I was frustrated that I tried for SRO on Saturday and they wouldn't sell them because there were still a couple seats that hadn't sold yet. Not when the box office opened and not when we went back at 6pm.

MadsonMelo
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:18pm

Wow, Kinky Boots will be gone by Labor Day. Sad.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:18pm

Well, that IS the rule.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Impossible2
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:51pm

barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

Is it really THAT surprising?

barcelona20
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 5:05pm

Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

"

For an original show that didn't win the Tony Award for best musical and not based off of a movie, yes it is.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 5:44pm

RaisedOnMusicals said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "It seems most shows had a good week. What are the long term prospects for Kinky Boots and SpongeBob?"

I don’t know how long SpongeBob will last but it’s pretty clear given itsenormous capitalization that itsinvestors will likely get little to none of their money back. If I had to guess, it will close in January at the latest. It might close after the summer tourist season.
"

"They" are not looking for cash as the return on their investment. 

Assuming it pans out, the show will get the boot when the construction commences.

Impossible2
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/11/18 at 6:01pm

barcelona20 said: "Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

"

For an original show that didn't win the Tony Award for best musical and not based off of a movie, yes it is.
"

What about a show about 9/11 playing in New York?

Still surprised?

Oak2
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 12:45am

Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

"

"

Still surprised?
"

A show about 9/11 that takes the focus away from New York and instead shifts the focus to Canada. I know when it first came out there were a lot of New Yorkers complaining about this, stating that 9/11 is "solely a New York thing" (even though there were also attacks made in Virginia and Pennsylvania, but people always forget/don't care about that part), and that it was offensive to have a 9/11 story not be about New York.

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 9:01am

Three Tall Women breaks the Golden house record again.

I see it passing the million-dollar-mark before it closes. Updated On: 6/12/18 at 09:01 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 9:45am

bandit964 said: "Three Tall Women breaks the Golden house record again.

I see it passing the million-dollar-mark before it closes.
"

agreed. I looked at tickets on telecharge and they're only selling premium priced tix starting at $249 up to $425! Good for them especially for a play!

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 10:27am

Oak2 said: "Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Impossible2 said: "barcelona20 said: "Come From Away continues to amaze me. Incredible."

"

"

Still surprised?
"

A show about 9/11 that takes the focus away from New York and instead shifts the focus to Canada. I know when it first came out there were a lot of New Yorkers complaining about this, stating that 9/11 is "solely a New York thing" (even though there were also attacks made in Virginia and Pennsylvania, but people always forget/don't care about that part), and that it was offensive to have a 9/11 story not be about New York."

I think most of us are also surprised considering many on this board thought even before it opened that wouldn't live to see July, and now its been playing to SRO crowds for over a year.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 10:46am

HogansHero said: "RaisedOnMusicals said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "It seems most shows had a good week. What are the long term prospects for Kinky Boots and SpongeBob?"

I don’t know how long SpongeBob will last but it’s pretty clear given itsenormous capitalization that itsinvestors will likely get little to none of their money back. If I had to guess, it will close in January at the latest. It might close after the summer tourist season.
"

"They" are not looking for cash as the return on their investment

Assuming it pans out, the show will get the boot when the construction commences."

Can you explain what you mean by “they’re not looking for cash as the return on their investment”? 

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 2:11pm

Meaning they're hoping to license the show out to schools and universities and regional theaters and make their money back that way. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/10/18
Posted: 6/12/18 at 4:25pm

yes, and also, more broadly, to enhance the value of the brand.