News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NZBOY2

Member Name: NZBOY2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Score of Hamilton Better in Context of the Show?
 Sep 11 2016, 11:08:08 PM

At least I can base my thoughts  from seeing  the show at rr theatre 

Why does Australia not have Marriage Equality
 Sep 11 2016, 08:34:40 PM

Yes we are for we are more backward than many nations

Groundhog Day -- Spring 2017?
 Sep 11 2016, 08:33:18 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1776920685857242&id=1617553715127274&fs=5

Top Theatregoing Experiences
 Sep 11 2016, 02:01:45 AM

Fun Home best musical I have ever scene

Sep 10 2016, 09:53:24 PM

Rent has words with many meanings as does Hamilton. I cam confused why you would think these are funny. Hamilton wanted his shot as in chance at becoming big. He got his shot a bullet though. I am not saying this is hard to get or understand. But seriously amateurish.

I think Dave should stay far far away from contemporary theater and watch classical theater.

Why does Australia not have Marriage Equality
 Sep 10 2016, 07:41:35 PM

I am so ashamed that we do not have it.

Goodbye Fun Home!
 Sep 10 2016, 07:41:05 PM

Fun Home which I saw with a ton of understudies is an amazing show. 

I will miss it. Too bad I do not live in NYC because it was so refreshing to see a musical exploring something new .

Hopefully in Australia and nz we will get equal marriage. 

Sep 10 2016, 07:36:10 PM

Lin has starred in two Pulitzer nominated musicals. One of which won the award. He clearly has talent. I do not mind negative comment on Hamilton. I hate bull**** though. And Dave is full of it.

Furthermore You should see Color Purple , Wicked, Book of Mormon and they all make Hamilton look like Shakespeare. 

Sep 10 2016, 06:22:12 AM

I think actually the musical might be too intelligent for some

Sep 10 2016, 06:21:15 AM

I actually was reminded of  Stephen Sondheim when listening to this. I actually think its very well written the play and music. Both of which were done by LMM. Personally very glad I saw this masterpiece . I love the Sunday in the Park and Adding Machine Albums and this is better.

Sep 9 2016, 09:34:18 PM

You know Lin is a very intelligent guy. He possibly has a genius IQ. Sometimes his very smart and well written musical. With multiple meanings, and without cliche. Like for instant the word 'Shot' has multiple  meanings. None of the characters sung felt fake or cheap. It felt like they were fully realized  in song . Aaron could have easily been a 'Villain '  but he was three dimensional. The songs that he sung all showed why he did something instead of

Strange Follies Review
 Sep 9 2016, 05:31:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU-MZ1LqabU

Arthur Miller's The Price coming to roundabout Spring 2017
 Sep 8 2016, 05:15:44 PM

American Airlines

Performers on Singing Competions
 Sep 8 2016, 04:15:05 PM

Leanne Jones!

Great another Jukebox musical in Australia
 Sep 8 2016, 06:03:28 AM

I love New Zealand and Australia as a Kiwi now living in Sydney. But when I saw Fun Home and Hamilton it just reminds me how important non for profits are to great theater.And how Public Theater is so important   to theater. Both got Tonys for best musicals. And the later will be biggest show for Broadway, Its very well written and thought out.  I personally do not see anything like that in Australia. Seeing Jane Krakowski verifies that non for profits are also very respected and supported in America . I also appreciated they did a talk about the show before hand.

ps. I also appreciated how diverse the casts were

How is Kooza ?
 Sep 8 2016, 05:54:18 AM

https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/kooza

Sep 8 2016, 05:50:09 AM

Why can't we have an Australian 'Hamilton' something that reflects our culture and diversity and the problems with it. An original musical instead of jukebox ones! I saw how a musical like 'Hamilton: An American Musical can do history whilst reflecting on modern times. Or producing something so wonderful like 'Fun Home ' Then I remember I will have to fly back to Broadway .

Sep 8 2016, 05:43:37 AM

sadhttps://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Gunning-for-a-Groom-MURIELS-WEDDING-THE-MUSICAL-to-Premiere-in-Sydney-Next-Year-with-New-Tunes-20160908

Farewell Jersey Boys!!!
 Sep 8 2016, 02:54:11 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Never had a single desire to see the show, but congrats to the cast and crew on such a fantastic run 

it was a solid show, with good book and direction. Des is not a great director but this somehow worked for him

"

My Fair Lady Sydney previews
 Sep 8 2016, 02:25:15 AM

I hate the set, costumes etc. I have seen South Pacific where the set was amazing. My disappointment is that they did not do something new withi.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You