News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SarahNYC2

SarahNYC2 Profile Photo
Member Name: SarahNYC2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out  Jan 27 2020, 07:35:15 PM

Jarethan said: "Highland Guy said: "SarahNYC2 said: "I am just in shock by the whole incident."

In a 2018 thread, you also complained about parents bringing babies andtoddlers to the theater. You will survive. Get over it.

You are the one who is not living in reality. Why should someone pay good money to see a live performance, only to have that enjoyment shot in the head by bad behavior. I have to admit that I tend t

If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out  Jan 27 2020, 01:25:47 PM

Highland Guy said: "SarahNYC2 said: "I am just in shock by the whole incident."

In a 2018 thread, you also complained about parents bringing babies andtoddlers to the theater. You will survive. Get over it.

I might have posted that-I think it was about Frozen and a crying baby. This annoys the heck out of me, and I think it should be addressed by theaters all over. I have an 11 year old daughter. She has been going to shows since

If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out  Jan 26 2020, 05:18:40 PM

Hi,

So I need to vent in a community I am pretty sure will understand. My daughter who is 11, myself and my boyfriend were at Aladdin in Orlando. The couple in front of us had two children about 3 and 4-the whole first act they were being passed back and forth between the parents, chatting/whining and crying. During intermission I asked them to keep the kids quiet during the 2nd act. Then 2nd act starts and its worse. I went to an usher and they came to oversee and then asked the paren

Stage Door and The Lifespan of a Fact  Jan 4 2019, 09:47:55 AM

Thank you-my friend will be so happy. And I'll just think of this as a one and done experience-hopefully it's not crazy-I tried with my daughter once at Anastasia and thought it was nuts.

Stage Door and The Lifespan of a Fact  Jan 3 2019, 08:19:24 PM

I am not into stage dooring at all. However I am seeing the show with a friend who LOVES Daniel Radcliff-does he usually come out? And how about Bobby C she also loves him! Thanks!

Torch Song, The Prom or King Kong  Dec 14 2018, 05:12:15 PM

Thanks everyone!

All set with Torch Song and will probably see The Prom as well. I appreciate the advice, I feel I always get great feedback and guidance here!

Torch Song, The Prom or King Kong  Dec 14 2018, 11:53:01 AM

I will be in NYC for one full day. I have TDF, and Torch Song has come up-should I go with this. I was also thinking about The Prom. And there is a possibility King Kong could come up.

I can do two shows, maybe even a 3rd depending on when i actually get into the city the day I arrive. Any advice since these are the 3 shows I am thinking about. I have seen pretty much everything that has come out prior to Summer 2018.

Thanks!

Limited time in NYC-what shows should I see?  Oct 30 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Brian07663NJ said: "Although the reviews on here are not glowing - and I agree as well - King Kong for the puppet performance in my opinion is worth the price of admission. Unlikely that this will ever tour specifically because of the size (weight) of the puppet."

Thank you-I am kind of torn because of the mixed reviews on King Kong but you make a good point.

What I Like? That is a good question-I love Broadway shows. Some of my favorites

Limited time in NYC-what shows should I see?  Oct 30 2018, 12:05:44 PM

Hi-I am going to be in NYC on Dec. 23 and Jan. 5th and 6th

I am seeing on the 5th-matinee Lifespan of a Fact.

On the 23rd I could see a matinee and evening performance

On the 5th I could see an evening performance

On the 6th I could see a matinee

Any suggestions of shows that are good ones to choose. I need recommendations of new shows opening- I have seen pretty much everything that has been opened for a while.

Thanks!

Anyone know what happened to Taylor Trensch tonight?  Aug 4 2018, 06:36:40 AM
I was with my 10 year old daughter and this was her 1st time seeikg it and my 2nd. It was odd for a minute or 2 when the switch happened I also thought it was cool to see both of them. I had been curious how is redpond to the show since I order finally saw it with Ben Platt, Each actor definitely plays Evan slightly different but they all work. It confirmed for me this is an amazing show-.

And yes they announced during intermission.

Anyone know what happened to Taylor Trensch tonight?  Aug 3 2018, 11:24:46 PM

Just curious, he started off the show, and then 1/2 way through the first act Michael Lee Brown came out. 

Bad Theater Behavior  Jul 18 2018, 09:20:25 AM

Dogs at theater has got to be the craziest thing-unless and please let me be clear it is a true service animal. I always say I love my pug as much as my child. She brings me great joy. And she actually wears a harness when out that some people mistake with her being a service dog (pugs need a secure type of harness to prevent injuries). I'm like OMG no-she's sweet and adorable but no way could she be a service dog. And if she went to a theater she'd try to make friends with everyo

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS closing Sept.16  Jul 9 2018, 10:09:42 AM

Both my daughter and I see a lot of theater. She wanted to see this after performing a few songs at her school (her school is a performance art school with a lot of teachers who work on Broadway they had permission). I was a little reluctant but figured why not. I really enjoyed it, as did she. 

Attendance for Spongebob  Jun 28 2018, 11:33:21 AM

We saw Curtis yesterday. There were a number of alternates. I had zero expectations about this show. My daughter, age 10, has been to many shows and is serious about musical theater. Her performance camp performed a few songs from the show and suddenly she wanted to see it. So I was able to fit it in between My Fair Lady on Tuesday evening and Mean Girls last night.

We thought he was great. I actually thought the show was fun and entertaining. My daughter loved it. There was a woman wi

Two tickets for sale Jimmy Awards Monday June 24 7:30 PM Minskoff Theater  Jun 22 2018, 08:57:43 PM

I have tickets already but it's a great show. I was skeptical last year but was convinced by my Mom since Ben Platt was hosting. My daughter and I planned our trip around the Jimmy Awards. 

Unpopular Opinions  May 13 2018, 05:41:31 PM
That Harry Potter was the most boring show ever. I fell asleep during both parts.
Is anyone selling cheap HP Ticket?  May 13 2018, 05:39:29 PM
Back in March I went to the box office and bought tickets for a total of 80 dollars. Balcony, horrible seats. They said it was full view but only if you sat on the edge and it was freezing. I’d see about going to the box office. I’m in the monitory- I hated it. But I’m also not a big hp fan.
Will Frozen make it?  May 3 2018, 10:49:13 PM

BwayLB said: "I have autism and I haven't been attending theatre avidly until I was 14. I'm okay sitting through a regular performance."

I sincerely hope it didn't sound like I meant people with autism shouldn't go. You didn't bring up my comment but I just wanted to make sure. I just think the mom in the Chicago situation should not have brought him or brought him knowing she might have to leave. It doesn't matter why he was making noise. &nb

Will Frozen make it?  May 3 2018, 01:25:34 PM

trpguyy said: "SarahNYC2 said: ". And I’m hearing from friends on fb groups for moms that ushers are not doing anything about talking kids. This is still a pricey ticket abd theater. If you are bringing your child be prepared to leave if they can’t behave."

I’d be willing to bet that Disney doesn’t want a repeat incident.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Theater-Boots-7-Year-Old-With-Autism-For-421953423.html
"

I’m sorry this is where as a parent you need to think of others besides yourself. Now trust me on this I feel for a child or an adult who has any sort of issue like this. But should everyone else be disturbed. How about the actors. I know in nyc they have autism friendly shows. A good friend of mine loves them. She has 3 children, 1 has autism and it has been great for her and her family. 

I was at frozen when a baby started wailing. Please don’t tell me the baby had autism or such. It was a baby. Why on earth would the theater allow a baby in. 

Will Frozen make it?  May 3 2018, 11:08:52 AM
At age 10 my daughter is an experienced theater goer- phantom and comet top her list. We come to nyc frequently but on the last trip she opted for no frozen. I went to see it. I enjoyed it. I think for children who are not sophisticated theater goers it is a great introduction. I think the biggest issue and most disrespectful is that they are allowing infants and toddlers in. And I’m hearing from friends on fb groups for moms that ushers are not doing anything about talking kids. This is still a
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You