News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Englishsteve

Member Name: Englishsteve
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
 Oct 2 2017, 03:15:09 AM

JudyDenmark said: "Apologies if this has been asked already... I skimmed the whole thread. Do you have to know anything about Harry Potter to enjoy this play? My parents have never read the books or seen the movies and really know nothing except that it's about magic - would they be able to follow the plot? I think they'd really love the spectacle of it, and they like seeing the hot showof the moment, but I don't want to waste anyone's money if they'd be clueless.

Oct 1 2017, 11:00:32 AM

I went to the very first night of previews, was fairly easy to get tickets just had to be on the site, not ticketmaster at the right time, after the Springsteen failure this verified system looks like it needs some work

Oct 1 2017, 10:28:39 AM

If Ticketmaster can't even cope with the number of people looking to register, it's not looking good for the 18th, any guesses on how much tickets will be changing hands for on stubhub yet?

Hamilton in London delayed
 Sep 8 2017, 08:47:22 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/HAMILTON-Opening-in-the-West-End-Pushed-Back-to-December-Final-Casting-Announced-20170908

Recieved a patronising email from ticketmaster saying that they had cancelled the first two weeks of the run, the opening night tickets that had been booked since January with associated travel plans/hotel bookings now were useless, but it's ok as; "We would like to offer you an exchange of tickets into any available Monday - Thursdayperformance from Wednesday 6 December onwards. " monday- Thursday? They also helpfully linked in Cameron Macintosh's press release, a particularly annoying line was "I am, of course, sorry to amend the performance schedule but undertaking a private rebuilding project on this scale in Central London has no precedent." 

London as a city is constantly evolving, almost a permanent building site, that's not an excuse, everyone builds there with the associated hassle, they shouldn't have been so greedy and taken the cash for dates they couldn't fulfill better to be pessimistic in the planning stage.

RANT OVER

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
 Aug 31 2017, 03:43:22 AM

Hopefully they'll have learnt a lot by the time Potter tickets go on sale, this next windows been handled very badly, reading the website it's worse than just reopening registration;

"#VerifiedFan registration is open now to all fans who did not register for the initial onsale and for those who successfully completed a ticket purchase."

surely if you were on the ginormous standby list this week you should have some form of priority over those that

Aug 30 2017, 04:27:10 PM

Don't think they should have reopened registration when tickets were already so hard to come by and so many people were on standby today, figured they should have some priority going into the next round.

Aug 30 2017, 01:40:10 PM

Looking at stubhub there are tickets up for sale at stupid prices, but not many of them - well below 50 every night that's got to be a huge improvement on how many I imagine would have been up otherwise, so maybe it did work to a degree.

I'd be interested to know how many people applied for such a small number of tickets, hopefully some of the standbys from today will get tickets in the next batch, it'd probably be only fair if they did it that way and didn't reopen reg

Aug 30 2017, 10:24:43 AM

Congratulations to those that got tickets.

anybody on the standby list heard anything yet?

Aug 30 2017, 09:32:40 AM

Be interesting to see how many tickets are available on Stubhub in a couple of hours & whether or not it's worked.

it's only going to get worse when they release the Harry Potter tickets like this.

Hamilton next ticket release on ticket master verified
 Aug 15 2017, 05:41:45 PM

Seems the next release of tickets will be via ticket master verified, along  with Springsteen and Harry Potter seems it's the new way to buy the tickets everyone's after

anyone that's interested has until 6pm on Friday to register for tickets that go on sale on Monday 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/theater/hamilton-ticketmaster-verified-fan-broadway.html?referer=https://www.google.co.uk/

Hamilton Broadway New Block Chances?
 Mar 8 2017, 08:59:52 AM

Worth looking at ticketmaster still, I checked this morning at 8 uk time (around 3am NY time) and picked up cheap standard tickets for the Friday of thanksgiving weekend, looking at ticketmaster there's still Standard tickets available for some dates in the block -17 November & 21 November are available if it helps anyone

Hamilton in London
 Jan 16 2017, 08:42:49 AM

Did you get sorted?

thought it was surprisingly painless today, ticket master did a good job, we got second night premium tickets, great seats on the aisle in the centre orch for £127 ($153) each, which while expensive aren't even in the same ballpark as the broadway prices 

Hamilton in London
 Jan 13 2017, 09:35:37 AM

I know this is the Broadway board and not the west end board but noticed that Hamilton announced their ticket details prior to the presale beginning on Monday today, the most obvious restriction is the paperless tickets with the producers saying this;

We expect demand for HAMILTON tickets to be exceptionally high.

Ticket touts and unauthorised resellers will also be anticipating this demand and will attempt to use multiple payment cards, false identities and

Broadway tips for people used to the west end
 Sep 24 2016, 07:29:36 AM

Thanks for all the hints, especially the suggestion of promo codes for radio city at Christmas booked up for the late Saturday night show centre orchestra for $45 each, the money saved will go towards a nice meal beforehand still going to look at everyone else's suggestions for the Friday night

Sep 23 2016, 04:52:04 PM

Thanks for the tips, I'd noticed the prices on Broadway were a fair bit more than over here, and other than the big shows things are discounted quite a bit here to. I'm signed up for hamiltons presale when it transfers here, but I got very lucky with the cursed child, great seats for the very first (two) night(s) preview, so I think that probably used up all my luck for high demand tickets for a while, think Hamilton over here will become just as much of a mad scramble for t

Sep 23 2016, 12:04:33 PM

hi,

I'm just planning a trip to DC and New York in December, we'll only be in town December 8th to the 11th Which is already booked up for the Cowboys at the Giants so I only have 3 nights to organise. We are lucky enough to get to the west end fairly often, generally to the more mainstream shows, we've recently seen Harry Potter, kinky boots, phantom, Matilda, sunny afternoon, miss Saigon - nothing that cutting edge or out there really, wanted to see some shows on

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You