News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Big Apple2

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Big Apple2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews  Nov 5 2022, 07:43:03 AM

I wish I can share the wild enthusiasm displayed by the crowd at last night’s performance. But I can’t. I found the show just okay. While the performances were solid, especially Clark and Cooley, the book was a little light and the songs mostly forgettable. I also wonder about the show’s prospects after these two leave the cast. Will it be similar to DEH after Ben Platt left?

We rushed this and only paid $40. It will be too hard to recommend this at the $139 (plus fee

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/30/22  Nov 3 2022, 08:40:49 AM

I don’t know if the perceived high crime rate, lingering Covid fears or ticket prices are keeping tourists away. It certainly didn’t for us. We are here now since October 31st. Surprise to see Times Square crowded on Halloween night. The town is packed right now. Don’t know if that’s due to the Marathon this weekend. Lots of Europeans in town. The stores are packed with tourists buying goods on 5th Ave and in sporting goods stores near Macy’s. They have $$ to spe

LEOPOLDSTADT Reviews  Nov 3 2022, 12:07:32 AM

Rushed it yesterday and got front row center orchestra seats. 

Audience Rewards - Total Scam?/ TELECHARGE  Oct 15 2022, 07:00:49 PM

I just scored 2 right orchestra seats Row G, Seats 2 & 4 for Moulin Rouge for early November.  Cost was 1000 showpoints + $69.  Great redemption, IMO.  It was my first one too.  Can't complain.

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 18 2019, 11:54:04 PM

Big Apple2 said: "It’s currently 17% from critics at Rotten Tomatoes. "

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 18 2019, 11:48:55 PM
It’s currently 17% from critics at Rotten Tomatoes.
Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Dec 12 2019, 12:06:19 AM

Alright. Here’s mine. As a reminder to self, I had to go through all my Playbills the last 10 years. In reverse order:

10. Groundhog Day

9. Everybody’s Talking About Jaime

8. The Book of Mormon

7. Once on this Island

6. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

5. The Ferryman

4. Angels In America, Parts 1 & 2

3. The Great Comet of 1812

2. Dear Evan Hansen

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Nov 30 2019, 05:55:41 PM

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Nov 26 2019, 04:55:10 PM

As another decade is coming to a close, I thought it would be nice to see what you guys thought your top 10 shows are the past 10 years.  I'm still compiling mine.  But for those who already got a list, please post away.

Moulin Rouge (pro) reviews  Jul 26 2019, 11:03:22 AM

dangeresque49 said: "Love it or hate it just like the movie."

Yes. The film was a love it or hate it spectacle with its visual feast. There is no question that it was polarizing. Good. I have a feeling that I will love this one. 

TOOTSIE Reviews  May 1 2019, 08:28:03 AM
There were still no magnets being sold but the headshots were given out last night.
TOOTSIE Reviews  May 1 2019, 07:52:38 AM
Saw this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very funny and Fontana does a great job. Audience members were laughing a lot too. With the Tony nominations also announced yesterday, in the scene where his manager tells him “You were going to be nominated for a Tony and I was even going to vote for you” got the cheers and the loudest and longest applause of the evening. So well deserved.
TOOTSIE Reviews  Apr 24 2019, 12:27:35 AM
Glad to see all the positive reviews. Can’t wait to see this next week! Based on the earlier reviews here, I was beginning to doubt if I made a mistake buying the tickets weeks in advance. I just knew those pre-Broadway reviews couldn’t be all wrong.
Places to Eat in Times Square  Aug 14 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Juniors on 49th Street was very average at best the last time we ate there. They were definitely going for bigger portion sizes (quantity) rather than quality. Enjoyed our meals more at Ippudo, which is a few blocks away from TS.
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Reactions Thread)  Jul 21 2018, 02:26:34 PM

jimmycurry01 said: "It was cute. Everyone in the theater seemed to love it. There was applause, squealing, laughter, and tears heard throughout; as well as women singing along. I think everyone there had a good time."

That depends on who applauded. If it’s the same demographic who did to the latest Jurassic World film, best to stay away. 

Was once on this island the right choice?  Jun 11 2018, 12:27:53 AM

Yes.  Enjoyed it quite a bit. 

Ahmanson Theater - LA  May 22 2018, 08:39:39 AM

Wildcard said: "Ahmanson's full season:

Aint Too Proud - Aug 21-Sep 30, 2018

Dear Evan Hansen - Oct 17-Nov 25, 2018

Come From Away - Nov 28-Jan 6, 2019

Matthew Bourne's Cinderella - Feb 5-Mar 10, 2019

Falsettos - Apr 16-May 19, 2019

Indecent - Jun 4-Jul 7, 2019

The Play That Goes Wrong - Jul 9-Aug 11, 2019
"

Nice lineup. Hoping to catch TPTGW later in the season. 

Broadway "Stores"  May 19 2018, 02:03:59 AM

uncageg said: "I like One Schubert Alley better than Theatre Circle. Nicer people.”

I struck up a conversation with the guy working there when I stopped by over a week ago. There was another customer who he was talking to prior to me arriving. Both were very friendly and we talked about the shows currently playing in town. We also talked about how some of the merchandise for DEH changed after Ben Platt left the show. 

Hamilton presale  May 19 2018, 01:49:12 AM
When I was in the city over a week ago, I went to the box office to see what kind of tickets they have for a show the next evening. They offered me side orchestra seats, Row G near the aisle at regular prices. Depending on the day of the week, you may get lucky just walking up to the box office and see what they have.
ANGELS IN AMERICA Reviews  May 18 2018, 10:15:52 AM
I’m adding my thoughts after seeing it over a week ago. I have not seen any version of this material (stage or film) nor was I familiar with its storyline. My expectations were high considering its cast and with Marianne Elliott as the director having previously seen her work on “Curious Incident”.

This production is spectacularly done. The staging, sound and lighting designs are beautifully done. The angel’s appearance at the end of Part 1 brought down the house. Audiences were appl

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You