News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aussieskates

Member Name: aussieskates
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Nov 22 2022, 10:23:27 PM

Also Gussie is such a one-dimensional villain, it's really boring. That's not meant as a criticism of Krystal Joy Brown's performance.

That was my feeling from the pro-shot as well.  The actress playing Gussie in the Chocolate Factory taping came across as shrill and self-serving.

MWRA is such a deceptively complex show on so many levels.  Getting the tone right is key to its success.

Last year I saw a fantastic production in S

Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
 Sep 12 2018, 07:32:35 PM

I was fortunate enough to see a chamber version in my home town of Melbourne two years ago.

The score is gorgeous, and the stagecraft was nothing short of brilliant.

So thrilled to hear it is getting a revival.

Jennifer Simard Mean Girls
 Sep 12 2018, 07:30:43 PM

Any show with Jennifer Simard in it is definite value for money.

I saw her in Disaster a couple of years ago, and she was hilarious.

Tootsie - Chicago tryout
 Sep 12 2018, 07:29:17 PM

I have been a huge fan of the movie, ever since it was released here back in early 1983.

In a way, I am glad it wasn't a direct play by play, but was instead, re-imagined for Broadway.

Thank you everyone who saw the show and posted their thoughts.

It sounds wonderful.

seating etiquette
 Aug 2 2014, 12:40:41 PM
Tonight my girlfriend and I attended a show which the company staging it asked me to review. Reserved seating was also set aside for us.

At interval we decided to go out into the foyer and stretch our legs and when we got back, a couple had taken our seats. When we politely explained the situation, the man said that he took them because his girlfriend had poor eyesight, and if we had a problem with that, we should take it up with the manager.

When we said that we would (a

The flip side to this thread
 Jul 31 2014, 01:12:53 PM
Recently I mentioned to a girlfriend that I was going to a Saturday matinee of Wicked. She asked if she could come too, so I bought some half price tickets (at 75 dollars a pop).

When we got there it was listed that the standby would be going on for Elphaba, but in truth, I had come to see the lead who was playing Galinda.

As it happened, the actress playing Galinda had terrible laryngitis at this performance. But though she still gave it her all, the performer really really s

Your favourite 11 o'clock number
 Aug 31 2013, 05:33:54 PM
On this basis, I always wondered why there was never a category at the Tony Awards for best song.

Anyway, here are the top five listed by the Village Voice:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2011/04/the_five_best_1.php

What are your favourites?

Most boring musicals
 Jun 17 2012, 03:13:37 PM
Thou Shalt Snore
Sleep of Faith

Who could tackle Professor Harold Hill?
 Jun 17 2012, 03:09:31 PM
Will and Grace's Bobbie Addler / Debbie Reynolds already played it at her local community playhouse as The Music Person.
But what about Audra?
 Jun 17 2012, 03:07:54 PM
In tonight's performance, the role of Bess will be played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
OUR TOWN - The Finest American Play Ever Written
 Jun 15 2012, 01:38:44 AM
After watching this episode of My So Called Life on DVD, I wanted to know more about OUR TOWN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lz65pr4_qo

It didn't disappoint.

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie
 Jun 12 2012, 09:32:07 PM
I could make some inappropriate jokes about Rosie's Cats costume, but In the words of Tovah Feldshuh. "Oy Vey."
Rosie, Rosie, Rosie
 Jun 12 2012, 08:05:29 PM
For the past few years, friends of mine and I watch the live telecast from Melbourne, Australia on cable. NPH is fun, amiable, and gets us in the mood for a great time.

Ironically enough, as it is on at ten in the morning, that isn't an issue because every year it falls on the Queen's Birthday.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I YouTubed Rosie to see what she was like in the opening number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN-nxIym8iM

I know she's a major supporter of Broadway and the arts, but I have to say after watching, I threw up in my mouth a little.

re: In NYC Jan 26 - Feb 2, 2009...What should I see?
 Dec 14 2008, 02:04:07 PM
Oooh...these are all great suggestions.

I've already seen Billy Elliot in Sydney, Australia. But Gypsy with Patti LaPone would be something else. South Pacific sounds wonderful as well.

Looks like I could see a show a day.

Thank you for all of your help!

Cheers
Nick

In NYC Jan 26 - Feb 2, 2009...What should I see?
 Dec 14 2008, 01:43:05 PM
Hi guys,

Any suggestions as to what I should see when I am in NYC.

I'll be in town from Jan 26 - Feb 2, 2009.

Would love to check out Avenue Q, Pal Joey, Shrek, and maybe Jersey Boys, In The Heights, and Dust.

I've signed up for Theatremania and Playbill to access discount tix, and will scan the daily lotteries and half tix booths also.

Help me out here if you can.

Cheers for now.

Nick

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You