News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dapperchapper

Member Name: dapperchapper
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 9 to 5 Short Review- 9/4/09  Sep 5 2009, 12:43:00 AM
I saw it a few weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it as well. Great performances from the three girls, I loved the sets... It was just a really fun show! I'm sad to see it closing.
re: YF Tour - is there precedent for 2 Tony winners on tour -  Aug 26 2009, 11:55:07 AM
Well another tour with its Broadway Stars... Mary Poppins.

re: IRVING BERLIN'S WHITE CHRISTMAS Returns To Broadway, Previews Begin At  Aug 24 2009, 01:33:12 PM
does anyone know if most of the same cast will return?
re: Alice Ripley  Aug 23 2009, 12:55:47 PM
Moved to facebook?? I will have to check this out... I need more ALICE!
re: Alice Ripley  Aug 22 2009, 12:31:35 AM
Can we start a campaign to BRING ALICE BACK to youtube? I want more videos... lol.
re: Is this a sensible plan for my trip?  Aug 17 2009, 12:21:17 PM
GO SEE South Pacific... its a remarkable production.
And if you have time, go see West Side Story... its not the best production, but its still worth seeing.

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Aug 17 2009, 12:17:18 PM
Just saw the show for the first time on sunday afternoon... wow. it was incredible. it really moved me. the whole cast was spectacular... even better than I expected.
re: Fri Oct 9th - best show in town?  Aug 16 2009, 06:10:21 PM
Next to Normal.... its a must see.
South Pacific is also incredible... If you enjoy the classics- u don't want to miss this one.

re: Aaron Tveit Look-A-Like!!!  Aug 14 2009, 09:43:12 AM
I thought the exact same thing when I saw The Ugly Truth... they do lookalike.
re: Andrea Burns leaving In the Heights?  Jun 29 2009, 12:54:17 PM
BrodyFosse, you are very right, she is entitled to finally leave, but I'm sooo glad she is just taking a vacation!! She is one of my favorite parts of the show. I absolutely love her as Daniela, and I also hope she is in the film adaptation!
Andrea Burns leaving In the Heights?  Jun 29 2009, 02:57:51 AM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/130588-Six_Feet_Under_Star_Machado_Steps_Into_Broadway%27s_Heights_June_29

Does anyone know if Andrea is leaving for good? Or will she be returning after Machado finishes her run?

re: AIda the Musical Movie  Apr 28 2009, 11:11:39 PM
I like the idea of Beyonce and Christina
re: (St. Louis) Muny announces most of ‘09 season  Mar 29 2009, 06:04:47 PM
They haven't done Titanic, but I agree it would work well on that stage.

And I wasn't saying that St. Louis audiences aren't open to new shows. They clearly are, as Stages and The Muny has proven in the past. The Muny has done contemporary shows such as The Producers, Joseph, Chicago, Cabaret, Joseph, High School Musical. I was just saying that there aren't many other new shows that would be family appropriate and make a profit at The Muny.

re: (St. Louis) Muny announces most of ‘09 season  Mar 28 2009, 03:31:13 PM
Some of you don't seem to understand The Muny's main audience. A lot of St. Louis families with season tickets LIKE seeing the same shows every 5 years. The Muny not only introduces these shows to a new generation each time they perform them, they also are able to please their older season ticket holders who like seeing their favorite shows. I know my grandparents skipped High School Musical and The Producers last season. There favorite was Fiddler, which they have seen at The Muny god knows how
re: If Funny Girl Came Back To Broadway...?  Mar 28 2009, 01:49:11 PM
BETSY WOLF

re: Hathaway Cast as Garland in Stage and Screen Planned 'GET HAPPY'  Mar 23 2009, 11:59:03 PM
I am very excited for this. I never thought much of her as an actress, until I saw Rachel Getting Married. She was fantastic. I can't wait to see more of what she can do.

also, I hate all the Idina haters of the world. I think she was great in the role, I liked her.

re: Zac Efron Bows Out of Footloose Remake!  Mar 23 2009, 11:54:56 PM
Who would everyone like to see replace him?
Not who you think they will pick, if they continue with the remake, but who would you like to see in the role?

re: LCT's SOUTH PACIFIC  Mar 21 2009, 03:09:12 PM
Even though we have a black president and have come a long way in regards to racial issues, racism is still very present in America. I do not think that aspect of the show is dated, because some people still feel this way. I do agree that the message on equal rights is even more present today in the LGBT community, and this shows message relates to their fight perfectly. The show is not dated at all in my mind. Racism and hatred of people who are different, is still being "taught."
re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread  Mar 21 2009, 02:51:03 AM
No one has mentioned her, but I think Dianne Wiest will be nominated for Leading Actress in a Play for "All My Sons."
re: LCT's SOUTH PACIFIC  Mar 21 2009, 02:34:36 AM
I LOVED it. Everything about the show is perfect, the acting, the costumes, the sets, the music, that huge stage... I was really stunned by how wonderful it was. The show flew by. The only thing I didn't like was "you've got to be carefully taught." It was not very moving. That song can steal the show, it has such a strong message. It is also a beautiful song. However, I feel like the combination of the direction and Morrison's lack of emotion during the song kind of made it a throw away momen
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You