News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kangaroo

kangaroo Profile Photo
Member Name: kangaroo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Favs: Rent, Light in the Piazza, South Pacific, Miss Saigon, Wicked, TBFO, Aida, Pirates, Oklahoma!, ITW
-Ozalot, Grobanite, and Ringer--
Love: Lea, Matthew, Julie A [legend], Hugh, Adam, Idina, Sutton, Kristen, Ben Wright, Judy Kuhn, SJB

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Black Woman in South Pacific...huh?  Oct 16 2008, 06:25:56 PM
"I'm not racist... some of my best friends are black"

yes, that must mean you aren't racist.

re: Finally! Jkor korenglish's review & day at South Pacific 7/12/08  Jul 19 2008, 11:11:50 PM
seems like a long but worthwhile day.

glad you liked the show & finally got a chance to see it!

re: GMF's SOUTH PACIFIC review and my meeting with MATT !!!  Apr 19 2008, 02:50:38 AM
cute story
Sorry but... question about rush/student/ect.  Apr 19 2008, 02:50:08 AM
I know all about Talkin' Broadway listings, but I was just wondering about the rushes in general. I am interested in seeing a show, but I am not getting into the city till around noon. I just wanted to know my best chances of getting student rush/general rush on a saturday for the matinee. It's my friend's first broadway show, if we can get tickets.

I was looking at A Chorus Line, Legally Blonde, Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, Phantom, South Pacific, Spamalot, Wicked, Young Frankenstein... if that helps?

Thanks

re: Nonromantic B/G songs  May 31 2006, 09:24:47 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to purchase that show. It looks like a very good one, with lots to choose from. And I'll look into "Dreamgirls"... I'm even auditioning for that show in the summer, so thanks for the info!
re: Nonromantic B/G songs  May 31 2006, 09:08:40 PM
Can I find sheet music for all of these? I really like some of your choices Gclef!
re: Nonromantic B/G songs  May 31 2006, 08:50:49 PM
What show is John and Jen from?

Some of the songs I checked out, and they are romantic. I find that odd, not meant for a brother/sister duo.

re: Nonromantic B/G songs  May 30 2006, 08:27:12 PM
Are there any songs that are slow and beautiful? I've listened to most of these and they are fast paced and very much scene/character-ish pieces. I would like to do something that would make sense in a concert if it was sung alone.
re: Nonromantic B/G songs  May 29 2006, 11:02:36 PM
I'll look into all of those... thanks guys for all of your help!
Nonromantic B/G songs  May 26 2006, 10:22:38 PM
I need a song for a girl and her brother... it does not necessarily have to be a Broadway song, but definitely preferred. The brother has a rather large range, but likes to be a Bass II and the girl is an Alto with a belting range up to a B, but can sing up to a high C. Please let me know if you think of anything, it really can't be romantic (for obvious reasons).

Thank you. Any suggestions welcome!

re: Anthony Rapp signing tour  Feb 22 2006, 09:30:08 PM
Would he be willing to sign things other than the book?
re: NEW CHORUS LINE LEADS ANNOUNCED  Jan 28 2006, 12:44:36 AM
Oops?

re: NEW CHORUS LINE LEADS ANNOUNCED  Jan 27 2006, 11:52:07 PM
Congrats to both!
re: Disney Channel's High School Musical- Thoughts?  Jan 21 2006, 07:04:51 PM
oh yeah.
and this is DEFINITELY a thread for the Off-Topic Board.

Thanks & come again.

re: Disney Channel's High School Musical- Thoughts?  Jan 21 2006, 07:01:41 PM
Never equate "You Can't Stop the Beat" to a dumb Disney movie song. EVER.

And it's Disney channel, with a bunch of wannabe singers who need synthesizers to sound half decent.
NO THANKS
And what an original name, let me tell you.

re: what do you think of show groupies???  Dec 24 2005, 11:34:56 AM
1. "i have an audio in which a guy screams Neil Patrick Harris' name DURING the song..."

Why do you have an audio bootleg in the first place?

2. What right do you have to generalize all 'groupies' into one category, especially if you later claim to be one yourself?

3. If it honestly bothers you that much... than either don't go and watch the show, or suck it up and ignore them.

4. I agree, being a friend is something more than a warm welcome at the stage door

re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's  Dec 22 2005, 11:31:37 PM
You can most definitely lose talent as you get older. There are so many people that misused their voice, and now their voices are wasted. Aretha's work in the past is admirable... but it doesn't change the fact that her voice is fading.
re: worst performance by performers at the Tony's  Dec 22 2005, 11:19:53 PM
Aretha Franklin lost it... she's just a name now without any talent. Hugh completely showed her up, and I think he should have sang it with someone more talented.

And Sweet Charity's was also pretty bad too. Made my already low expectations even lower.

aww  Dec 22 2005, 12:15:08 AM
Here's to hoping that Piazza wins the Grammy!
re: M/F Duet NOT romantic  Dec 22 2005, 12:14:14 AM
Are there piano/voice selections for all of these mentioned?

I'll look into all of your suggestions, thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You