News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThE nEw KiD

ThE nEw KiD Profile Photo
Member Name: ThE nEw KiD
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'WONDERLAND' TV Spot. Really?
 Dec 6 2009, 03:38:53 AM
For a straight man, Frank Wildhorn writes the gayest music...
Lost In Hollywoodland
 Aug 12 2007, 06:32:33 PM
Anyone see Lost In Hollywoodland at the Fringe??
FACING THE FACTS this Sunday w/ Bryce Ryness!
 Jun 14 2007, 06:05:49 PM
FACING THE FACTS

A cabaret featuring New York's hottest up-and-coming
musical theater songwriters such as Adam Gwon, Miller
& Tysen, Adam Wagner, Joe Kinosian and Thomson & Mann.

Where?
THE LAURIE BEECHMAN THEATER @ the West Bank Cafe.
407 W 42nd St @ 9th Avenue

Dates?
SUNDAY JUNE 17TH @ 5PM
WEDNESDAY JUNE 20TH @ 7PM

Performed by:

Meredith Anderson
Bryce Ryness (Roger in the RENT tour)
Kate Pazakis
FACING THE FACTS
 Jun 9 2007, 11:55:41 PM
Saw this...Kate Pazakis and Bryce Ryness (Roger in the RENT tour) are performing works by new musical theatre writers!! Thank God for something new! I think this will be really fun.

Anyone know the other performers??

FACING THE FACTS

A cabaret featuring New York's hottest up-and-coming musical theater songwriters such as Adam Gwon, Miller & Tysen, Adam Wagner, Joe Kinosian and Thomson & Mann.

Where?
THE LAURIE BEECHMAN THEATER @ the West Bank Cafe.

Worst musicals.
 Mar 24 2007, 12:21:35 AM
Mimi Le Duck and a show called Pilgrim
re: 'Fugue ' or 'Some Men' ?
 Mar 18 2007, 06:43:17 PM
Some men is truely fantastic...I'd choose that. Enjoy!
SOME MEN love
 Mar 17 2007, 04:25:09 AM
SOME MEN at Second Stage is breath taking! Sooo moving. Terrence McNally is a God! Love him!!!
THE BIG VOICE: GOD!
 Dec 6 2006, 12:27:52 AM
GO SEE THE BIG VOICE: GOD OR MERMAN!!! By far one of the best shows in NYC!

Jim's Book is brilliant and Steve's songs are wonderful in the dramatic context. Not to mention their performances!

wow...just wow...I need oxygen.

re: EVIL DEAD (11.30.06)
 Dec 1 2006, 10:19:56 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this show is utter S**T and a waste of time??? I seriously HATED it. ughh.
re: Variety reviews - The Big Voice: God or Merman?
 Dec 1 2006, 10:08:47 AM
I saw it when it was in North Hollywood. By far one of the most entertaining and touching shows I have ever seen (and I've seen a LOT)

Jim is a master bookwriter and Steve's songs fit perfectly. They are inspiring individuals and I bet they'll win the Drama Desk.

re: tick, tick...BOOM! at the Coronet Theater in LA?
 Aug 6 2006, 11:51:55 AM
I LOVE MATT LUTZ! He's the greatest...AMAZING tenor. He can do anything!!!
re: Funniest Broadway Play/Musical
 Jul 9 2006, 01:00:17 AM
EMMA because of the song 'Hey'
re: Chris Miller?
 Jun 17 2006, 06:43:03 PM
Chris is an old friend of mine. He and his wonderful lyricist Nathan Tysen have won the Larson and more recently the Rodgers Award AND soon will be opening their musical THE BURNT PART BOYS in Pittsfield, MA. They have their own voice as writers which is rare to find. I would consider folk music their 'thing', at least what I've heard so far. Other shows include The Mysteries of Harris Burdick and the upcoming True Fans, all of which are being giving a production soon I believe. Don't know o
re: Jason Robert Brown's 13 to have premiere in LA
 May 7 2006, 01:16:44 AM
It's not based on the movie and even though it's written for and about 13 year olds, you'd be surprised how universal it is and how entertaining too!
 May 7 2006, 01:16:38 AM
It's not based on the movie and even though it's written for and about 13 year olds, you'd be surprised how universal it is and how entertaining too!
re: Randy Newman, please try again
 May 7 2006, 01:14:22 AM
FAUST has a great score but if you read the treatment...anyone would have a clue why it didn't work. Such a pity THOUGH I'm sure a really good bookwriter could find a way how to make it work...lyrics would need to change a bit though.

You know, if one can write a kick butt Book for musical theater...you can make sooooooo much $$$.

May 5 2006, 09:23:54 PM
As someone who worked on the recent workshop in LA, '13' is going to be a hit. It has a GREAT score (as of course to be expected) and a terrific book written by Dan Elish. A lot of the score is rock driven and has a new sound but still remains 100% Brown. Songs to watch out for: "Being a Geek", "What It Means To Be a Friend", and "Brand New You".

This will bring Jason and Dan huge success and a ton of $$$ because the market is the younger "High chool Musical" kids. If that crap can

Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 May 3 2006, 07:16:05 PM
If this hasn't been said, JRB teaches at USC though still it doesn't have an amazing musical theater program but Kelly Ward is amazing!
re: Goodbye Harvey & Dick!
 Apr 30 2006, 01:37:39 PM
Nooooooo!!! I was going to see them in a week!
re: my GREY GARDENS illustration
 Apr 30 2006, 01:36:42 PM
I love it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You