News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The Ninth Show

The Ninth Show Profile Photo
Member Name: The Ninth Show
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: i think disney's gonna sue somebody (dr. doolittle related)
 Jun 22 2005, 03:20:06 AM
Yes, that is Zazu. He's also shown in another place in the video where they're putting the orange tips on his wings. Also near the beginning check out the drawing of the gazelle on the wall, definitely a gazelle from Lion King. And near the end they show a person working on a puppet's hand. That looks a lot like Timon to me.
re: The Lion King Cheetah Company cast?
 Jun 21 2005, 11:35:16 PM
Wallace is a big improvement over Brandon Louis. Actually all the new principals are an improvement over what was dumped after Costa Mesa.
re: sound of music-pittsburgh clo review
 Jun 21 2005, 10:31:38 PM
I love Meg Bussert. She was my inspiration when I was growing up. She's the reason I chose the theatre as a career. I remember seeing her do Kathie in The Student Prince at Pittsburgh CLO with Mark Jacoby in 1982. I wish I was closer to Pittsburgh so I could see SOM.
re: Standbys and Understudies
 Jun 18 2005, 08:45:42 AM
A Standby is a performer who does not have another role in the show and only goes on when the principal they are standing by for is out. A lot of times a performer will be a Standby for several different characters. An Understudy is a performer who has another role in the show (usually in the Ensemble). Most principal roles are covered by both a Standby and Understudy. Using Lion King as an example, suppose a Standby was covering the roles of Timon and Pumba and both performers were out. Th
re: Question for anyone who's been to the Orpheum theatre in San Francisco
 Jun 14 2005, 09:18:16 PM
There's two balconies in the the Orpheum and the second one is high and a long ways back. I've never seen a show from the front, but you probably would need binoculars to see faces from there.
re: Funniest song from any Broadway Show?
 Jun 14 2005, 09:08:47 PM
"No Time At All" from Pippin.

"Give me a night that's romantic and long, and give me a month to get ready"

Too funny! Sounds like the story of my life.

re: Old Playbills and Stagebills
 Jun 3 2005, 04:19:28 AM
I have one from the 1971 production of No, No Nanette signed by Ruby Keeler and Patsy Kelly.
re: Which 'LION KING' Tour is coming to my city?????
 May 30 2005, 12:49:35 PM
You'll be seeing the Gazelle Company. The Cheetah Company will be in Portland at that time. I've only seen the Cheetah Company (which is excellent - especially with the recent cast changes), so I don't know how good (or poor) the Gazelle Company is.
re: Quest for Camelot...
 May 17 2005, 10:07:15 PM
I love The Prayer. Beautiful song.
re: do u think anyone who deserved to be nominated for a tony was forgotten
 May 14 2005, 08:38:02 PM
David Hyde Pierce
Cheno vs. Shirley
 May 6 2005, 12:14:21 AM
Meg Bussert - the best Marian ever. Revival with Dick Van Dyke. It played City Center in the summer of 1980.
re: Shows you have seen more than once
 Apr 11 2005, 12:35:38 AM
I saw Lion King 5 times in a row, including 2 shows on Saturday and 2 on Sunday - loved it!
re: First Musical
 Apr 3 2005, 03:10:41 AM
The Music Man with Dick Van Dyke and Meg Bussert in 1980.
re: What's the most recent show you've seen?
 Apr 3 2005, 03:03:49 AM
The Lion King in Costa Mesa on Sunday Evening, March 27. Super show!!

re: What's the most recent show you've seen?
 Mar 12 2005, 02:55:37 AM
The Lion King tour in Tempe, AZ last Sunday.
re: THE LION KING TOUR
 Feb 14 2005, 11:58:34 PM
What city are you in? I just wondered which touring company you're going to be seeing.
re: New National Tour Listings....
 Feb 2 2005, 03:04:34 PM
Great Listing! I too would like to see a current cast list for each show. I'm always wondering who's in it or is so-and-so still in it, and it's impossible to find that information anywhere. Even calling the theatre doesn't work. Other than a major star, no one has a clue who else is in the show.
re: Worst Understudy Ever?
 Jan 25 2005, 02:29:26 AM
Absolutely the worst understudy ever is Michael Rawley who understudies Scar in the Lion King tour. This guy isn't even High School quality. Embarrassing to say the least. Who knows how he ever got cast as an understudy to a leading role.
re: Elaine Joyce joins cast of Sweet Charity
 Jan 22 2005, 05:03:26 AM
She was once married to dancer Bobby Van, and he's been dead for over 25 years.
re: Wicked vs Lionking
 Jan 18 2005, 03:48:52 AM
I prefer The Lion King. I've never seen the Broadway company, but the actors in the tour that I saw (except for a couple of the principals who were excellent) were nothing to write home about. But, it's beautiful to look at and has a wonderful story and music.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You