News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Satine36

Member Name: Satine36
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: New Glinda?  Jul 30 2009, 05:47:55 PM
"How is Kendra right for Glinda? Her voice is grating, she has weak comic timing, and she goes for the cheap laughs."

Her voice is grating TO YOU. I happen to love it. I've seen Kendra twice over in SF and I believed her Glinda to be true and deep. I didn't see her going overboard for laughs at all. Perhaps she's changed her portrayal over time? Either way, I found her to be a delight.

re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21  Jul 25 2009, 03:56:46 AM
"I don't Alli is THAT great."

Same here. She was enjoyable but I don't really feel as if she's brought anything new to the table.

re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21  Jul 14 2009, 04:45:57 PM
"The same can't be said for Jennifer Dinoia who, heaven knows why, thinks she's the greatest thing since God."

Um How do you figure?

re: Dee Roscioli Takes Over Elphaba on Broadway on July 21  Jul 13 2009, 05:22:23 PM
Congrats to Dee! I really think she is a great addition to the Bway company. Her voice is gorgeous.
re: Carmen Cusack in Wicked Australia  Jun 15 2009, 03:11:21 AM
Apparently Carmen was on recently and someone got caught illegally filming the show.

Via one of the cast members twitter.(http://twitter.com/zoegertz)

"Is disgusted by the girl who felt she had the right to video the show today. Who do you think you are?!?!? How disrespectful to us all!
about 4 hours ago from web"

re: 'Hair' Number on the Tony Awards  Jun 9 2009, 01:15:54 AM
I completely agree with the OP. How many times can you run into the audience and harass them without it getting old? I found the whole thing completely pretentious. But then again..I find the whole show pretentious.
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Apr 13 2009, 04:51:26 AM
I can't stand Hair.
re: Allison Case  Mar 29 2009, 01:45:16 AM
Allison is by far my favorite female in Hair right now. I just somehow cannot take my eyes off of her when she's on stage.
re: NEW Eden Espinosa Article: Eden Espinosa Talks Elphaba, Maureen, Brooklyn and ME  Mar 23 2009, 03:02:47 AM
Eden as Eva would be KILLER.
re: Jennifer DiNoia as Elphaba at 3/14 Matinee  Mar 15 2009, 03:12:23 AM
Yay~ I'm so glad for Jennifer. I adore her as Elphaba.
I'll probably be planning my next trip to Wicked when she's guaranteed to be on, since I'm not really a fan of the current lead.

re: Wicked SF 3/13 Review (Long)  Mar 15 2009, 03:03:18 AM
Thanks for the great review! I think you described Teal perfectly. I have yet to see her in SF, but really enjoyed her portrayal in LA.
re: Nicole Parker reviews here  Feb 2 2009, 02:30:46 AM
Eh, I'm not really a fan so far. It sounded like she was shouting the whole time and it seemed a bit amateurish. Nothing special stood out to me.
re: Caissie Levy, Sasha Allen Join and Lawrence, Ryness and Swenson Confirm  Jan 29 2009, 10:53:26 PM
Not a fan of Caissie or her voice AT ALL, but I'm still super excited for HAIR!
re: Nicole Parker reviews here  Jan 20 2009, 05:47:28 AM
"Why beat a dead horse? Julie Reiber didn't take over. Nicole Parker did. You don't have to like her, but I have no idea why she's being compared to Reiber by the same people over and over (actually I do)."

I find that hilarious seeing as how you're the one who first brought Julie's name into this thread.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You