News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BillyButler

BillyButler Profile Photo
Member Name: BillyButler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sound of Music brought to you by Walmart & Stouffer's Lasagna  Dec 6 2013, 02:57:43 PM
It was so bad that 20 million people watched. While I agree there were issues, (I could pick it apart for days), I am so glad that so many people who hadn't ever seen a musical got their chance last night. There is some awkward kid in a small town somewhere who was inspired last night to give musical theatre a try. You're not going to find a bigger cynic than I, but I commend them for doing great work in a world that was already tearing them down before it even started.

Lighten up, we

What Are Your Favorite 'Family Friendly' Musicals?  Nov 20 2013, 12:26:23 PM
Both
What Are Your Favorite 'Family Friendly' Musicals?  Nov 20 2013, 12:17:09 PM
What musicals or plays with music are your favorites? Doesn't have to be Broadway, and can be any type; dark, funny, serious, etc.
Good Person of Szechwan hands out budget spreadsheet instead of playbill  Nov 4 2013, 02:05:44 PM
Public Theatre budget
Good Person of Szechwan hands out budget spreadsheet instead of playbill  Nov 4 2013, 02:03:47 PM
http://thewickedstage.blogspot.com/2013/10/making-good.html
Clay Aiken as Joseph  Aug 5 2013, 09:12:12 PM
OMG he is paying attention to me now!!! LMAO
Clay Aiken as Joseph  Aug 5 2013, 08:47:49 PM
Mikers, I mean Clay, ILF. I do, no lie, but that picture even without the unicorn is ridiculous. It would be LOL'd of Times Square. Doesn't make me any less of a fan of yours. One thing though, I didn't like the way you treated the VNPs waiting for an autograph or maybe even Gawdfahbid a picture. I'm not liking your attitude lately. The way you LYAO ATT seems like you wanna be the LMS. ILYKTHNCBAI

FTR I think the unicorn makes the picture better. Gayer, but def better.

Clay Aiken as Joseph  Aug 5 2013, 07:17:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Clay fan and I love this shot but tell me this isn't the gayest picture on the interwebs.

Actually, I know dblue236 in real life and she is a big supporter of the arts and a true fan of theatre and the artists who make it up here. She has seen a ton of shows pro and non and spends a lot of money, (not that she has much) going to these shows. She's a cool lady with a big heart and all of us who work up here love her. Mikers, I mean Clay, relax. It's ok. You wil

Clay Aiken as Joseph  Aug 5 2013, 07:05:15 PM
that's it, Mikers IS Clay
Clay Aiken as Joseph  Aug 5 2013, 06:40:09 PM
"You're quiet and well behaved."

49secs. That's all ya get...

Clay Aiken as Joseph  Aug 5 2013, 06:20:08 PM
i love this thread almost as much as i love dblue236 and a little less than Clay.
Projections in theatre: For and against  Mar 30 2013, 04:14:54 PM
http://www.tcg.org/publications/at/dec11/projection.cfm

"With the invention in the early 1900s of the Linnebach projector, projections became a theatrical tool. Erwin Piscator, the German director and producer, began working with them as early as 1925. Michael Hall, an authority on the history of lighting, cites technical articles dealing with projections that date back to the '20s; he notes that projections were used in West End shows such as Tobias and the Angel and Waltzes from Vienna, both staged in 1931."

Jekyll & Hyde  Sep 9 2012, 12:58:08 PM
"Most Broadwy singers couldn't tell you what key a song is in.."

You are completely wrong. Most Broadwy singers DO know what key they are singing in.

Ghost - Cast Album Stream  Jul 15 2011, 12:05:30 PM
gawd awful. couldn't even get thru all the tracks. i mourn for musical theatre. ugh
MISCAST to feature Billy Butler, Denis Lambert, Ashley Kate Adams  Jul 7 2011, 11:45:03 PM

Texting: The New Heckling  Jul 6 2011, 12:21:37 PM
wah wah wah. really? get over it and stop self-aggrandizing. pay attention to your world and stay out of others if you have nothing nice to say. complaining about texting is just another reason for you people to look down your nose at others. ugh! :p
Mic Problems in Shows lately?  Jul 4 2011, 01:42:37 PM
i thought i was just being nit picky. went to to Memphis the other night and could hear or understand a single lyric. glad i didn't pay for that ticket. very disappointed. sound is THE most important technical element imho for a musical. why can't these guys get it right?!
Magdalene- NOT anti-Jewish... anti-CHRISTIAN!!!  Jul 2 2011, 12:48:44 PM
"gvendo, you can NOT be an atheist and believe in Christ because Christ is God. There is no other reason to believe in Him."

Phelps - you don't get to decide these things or tell others how to worship. your relationship with god is private and not for the world to see. surely you know the gospels. shame on you for condemning other souls. your "i'll pray for you" is prideful and you will answer for your sins.

the other thing is it's just a musical. a musical. not a ministrical.

The Book Of Mormon & the C Word  Jun 18 2011, 01:19:44 AM
i love this thread
What show are you CURRENTLY in/working on?  May 30 2011, 03:04:49 PM
pre-production for Gay Bride of Frankenstein off-Broadway this fall!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You