News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nlm

Member Name: nlm
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: It's taken me 5 years to finally register, decided to stop lurking.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My thoughts on NINE.....
 Dec 9 2009, 02:48:07 AM
Out of curiosity Michael where abouts did you see the screening tonight? Because Rob was supposed to attend one of the screenings in LA but Harvey had to fill in for him at the last minute.
re: A few comments on STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
 Dec 5 2009, 07:07:30 PM
You'd think after all these years people would be able to spell Cate's surname. :)

Edgerton and McLeavy hold their own against her. Saw this at the STC a few months ago now. McLeavy is actually growing as a performer with each production she does, so it's great that international audiences get to see her in this as well as her new film The Loved Ones (which is doing the festivals circuit).

re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
 Nov 21 2009, 07:51:33 PM
The publicity will slow down after next week for a couple of weeks and then it'll come back during December. They had to push part of it now because of the HFPA cut-off, etc for Golden Globes. That and they wanted to get in before Invictus, The Lovely Bones and Avatar started theirs big time.

When I mean publicity, I mean individuals going out there promoting things on talk shows. Penelope and Marion are excluded since they're both doing a double press junket for Broken Embraces and Le

re: NINE soundtrack released 12/15! A week early!
 Nov 19 2009, 10:07:09 PM
Damn here's hoping they recorded Be On Your Own just as an additional track. They definitely did Only With You.
re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
 Nov 18 2009, 08:23:59 PM
BobbyBubby, Loren and Dench joined the press junket in NYC, so they missed Oprah.
re: NINE - 'Take It All'
 Nov 15 2009, 10:51:21 PM
I'm surprised it sounds like a strip tease!

That's because it is one. But as you said it's peeling off the layers of herself too.

re: Rob Marshall's NINE to be showcased on ABC TV shows!
 Nov 15 2009, 07:30:13 PM
Nope totally unofficial.

The official ones are the Facebook and Twitter pages.

http://www.facebook.com/NineMovie?ref=ts - Facebook
http://twitter.com/Nine_Movie - Twitter

I had trepidations with how Take it All would sound, but dammit Marion. It wasn't half bad.

re: Full 'Be Italian' from Nine Movie
 Oct 28 2009, 08:17:30 AM
From what I've read from critics, etc who have seen screenings, "Be Italian" is apparently the best number in the movie. And Fergie has the best voice of all. So while this sounds exceptional, I'm hoping the rest of the Soundtrack will too. Fingers crossed; can't wait for this movie!

It seems to range between "Be Italian", "A Call From the Vatican" and "My Husband Makes Movies". The first two were a given, but in the recent test screenings people have been saying that the cinematog

re: NEW NINE FEATURETTE/TRAILER
 Oct 21 2009, 01:44:04 AM
Love the footage. Good to see it without the ET logo planted all over it.

Apparently there was another preview screening in NYC tonight, anyone go?

re: Oz @ Oliver - 2:30pm, September 5
 Sep 23 2009, 11:49:15 PM
Speaking of Tamsin, been trying to find info for my site without luck, does anyone know if she's extended her Oliver contract past December? Because around June she said she might try to do another WE production.
re: Oz @ Oliver - 2:30pm, September 5
 Sep 23 2009, 11:48:54 PM
Speaking of Tamsin, been trying to find info for my site without luck, does anyone know if she's extended her Oliver contract past December? Because around June she said she might try to do another WE production.
re: NINE: BEHIND THE SCENES on ET tomorrow...
 Sep 19 2009, 10:27:07 AM
They're doing the same roll out like what they did with The Reader and Chicago.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i4c261e07d5ad759066f5197ae4d386f5

I definitely know it was always going to have a 2010 release in Australia since that's when they tend to release the movies in awards contention. Scheduled for January 2010.

The BTS video looked good, got a taste of a few numbers in there.

re: Upcoming 'NINE' To Debut Three Original Yeston Compositions For Film Ve
 Aug 24 2009, 10:33:15 PM
Is Sophia the only Italian in the film?

Well of the main cast she is. But there's tons of Italians in the supporting roles.

DDL - Ireland
Cotillard - France
Cruz - Spain
Dench - UK
Fergie / Hudson - USA
Kidman - Australia
Loren - Italy

Nice to see Cotillard getting the praise from Yeston for the new song though. That is something Harvey can push when it comes to publicity.

re: TONY Awards Announce Roster of Star Presenters for June 7 Awards
 May 26 2009, 09:08:34 AM
Can someone can my other thread as Rob and I posted at the same time, etc.

Pretty impressive lineup of presenters.

re: Rumor mill: NORMAN to extend; OUR TOWN to move to Broadway; DESIRE to close May 24
 May 14 2009, 10:02:06 PM
Variety backs up NYT in confirming Elms' closing date.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003667.html?categoryId=15&cs=1

re: Drama League Nominees
 Apr 21 2009, 11:15:36 AM
Lauren Graham's nomination was pretty much a given when they announced her as one of the honorary chairs. Since all of the honorary co-chairs have made it into the nominations. IMO, Kate should have been in there somewhere.

The lack of noms for 9 to 5 is concerning, as is Haydn's snub. That and Becky Shaw.

re: Outer Critics Circle Awards?
 Apr 20 2009, 11:49:28 AM
I was about to post that bjh2114. Megan and Kathy managed noms though.

Also have to add, glad to see Becky Shaw pick up some noms.

re: Outer Critics Circle Awards?
 Apr 20 2009, 11:45:12 AM
9 to 5 was eligible because it picked up a Choreography nomination. Slightly amused that G&D didn't pick up a nom in that, since it was probably it's best shot at any nom.

Outstanding Choreographer
Karole Armitage, Hair
Andy Blankenbuehler, 9 to 5
Peter Darling, Billy Elliot the Musical
Josh Prince, Shrek the Musical
Susan Stroman, Happiness

Also a bit surprised in the lack of actor nominations for God of Carnage, thought more than Marcia would have been nom

4/12/09 - Our nominated performers? (In order of winning probability)
 Apr 16 2009, 09:05:57 PM
I can't wait until the Tony Committee meets so we can finally get the official word on the placement of the 9 to 5 gals. Since some people are putting all of them in lead, others in features, very confusing when trying to make final predictions.

re: Lorin Latarro on as Adelaide for 8 shows
 Apr 3 2009, 07:15:55 PM
I hope she´ll done with the pilot soon, though.

Pilot hasn't even started filming yet, starts on Monday. Unless there's a major reshoot is needed, it'll be finished by the time specified (in two weeks - since it's an approx. 8 day shoot).

Definitely look forward to hearing reviews of how Lorin goes in the role (more than the one-off she did last week) for the consecutive nights. I'd love to see her take over from Lauren when her contract finishes.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You