News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for boredroom

Member Name: boredroom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How Is Max von Essen Doing As Che
 Jul 21 2012, 07:14:50 PM
Thanks so much for the clip. Max does sound wonderful!
Most boring musicals
 Jun 15 2012, 12:53:08 PM
CATS

^_^

LOVE NEVER DIES on PBS tonight?? Where?
 Jun 3 2012, 07:23:24 PM
Watched most of it - had to take a break midway because it was moving soooo slowww. The end should have drawn a lot of emotion from all instead of blank looks. But that is JMO. Glad I saw it but didn't have to pay for it.
Doctor Zhivago Sets Broadway opening
 May 29 2012, 07:18:21 PM
I feel like the 'mood' this music generates is a total downer.
Robin Gibb has passed away
 May 20 2012, 07:25:28 PM
RIP

Peter Lockyer is new Valjean
 Apr 6 2012, 02:10:08 PM

Les Miserables Buffalo Review (spoilers)
 Mar 5 2012, 02:32:49 PM
I would love this new staging to go to Broadway IF McVey and Varela transfer to Broadway. Wouldn't mind Quinlan to get to Broadway also, but, mainly want McVey and Varela. (They do need to tweak the Gavroche death scene, though.
Les Miserables Buffalo Review (spoilers)
 Mar 4 2012, 01:39:56 PM
I agree with your assessment of the talent involved. J. Mark McVey is so fantastic in this role and Varela is a worthy adversary.

Has anyone heard any updates on the casting? There were auditions awhile ago and I was curious who/when the changes would take place.

Les Mis 25th Anniversary Tour?
 Oct 28 2011, 12:21:28 PM
Max Quinlan, I believe, will be taking over the role of Marius
 Oct 21 2011, 07:23:39 AM
That would be so awesome to have this tour on Broadway and with J. Mark McVey and Andrew Varela! A wonderful adversarial match and great voices
Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
 Oct 12 2011, 03:11:38 PM
Would love to see Chuck Wagner back in this as well as Chip, Joanna and Bernadette - I'm with you in wanting this!
 Oct 12 2011, 01:05:57 PM
I saw the show on Saturday night and I LOVED IT! The projections, especially the sewer and Javert's suicide, gave new life to this production. The factory was much more of a factory - instead of the women just wandering around and picking on one another - they actually did factory work. Andrew Varella was an outstanding Javert. And J. Mark McVey was AWESOME. I've seen him before and he just seems to be getting better - which I didn't think was possible.

The only things I would change (not that anyone asked ) is the death scene of Gavroche - (pulling a wagon around and showing his corpse just doesn't do it) and the screens announcing the time/place would also help. Other than that - oh, and, Chasen Harmon (sp?)was out that day and her cover was on. (can't remember her name) and she was also wonderful.

So, I would definitely encourage anyone thinking of going to do so - (of course - this is JMHO )

LES MISERABLES - THE MOTION PICTURE is finally back on track!
 Nov 22 2010, 02:13:47 PM
my choice for Valjean - not that anyone will care

Les Mis at the Papermill aka - the new tour
 Nov 22 2010, 12:18:40 PM
Does anyone have a review of this new production? Has anyone gone? I looked at the other link and no one really did a review of it. I would be very interested to hear what people think. Thanks
re: J. Mark McVey at Sardi's last Saturday Night!
 Feb 13 2009, 01:20:57 PM
thought I should change the thread title

And yes, the new musical sounds like a 'must see'.

re: J. Mark McVey at Sardi's last Saturday Night!
 Feb 10 2009, 10:58:28 AM
"His is THE voice on the A Tale of Two Cities concept album"

isn't he though...... Love his voice

J. Mark McVey at Sardi's Feb 7
 Feb 7 2009, 07:31:39 AM
can't wait!

(yes, I just joined to post this - hope no one minds)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You