News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SINGASIMPLESONG

SINGASIMPLESONG Profile Photo
Member Name: SINGASIMPLESONG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rock of Ages in Hollywood???
 Oct 23 2017, 05:24:49 PM

I heard a rumor Drew & Sherrie are heading to Hollywood? Please say it’s true!!!

re: Is Laura Bell Bundy returning to ROCK OF AGES?
 Aug 19 2009, 06:41:38 PM
Seriously. Go to a Karaoke Bar and try "High Enough". Or Bon Jovi's "Wanted...Dead or Alive". Tis not an easy score to Sing my friends... & 8 shows a week?...amazing...it IS the most kickass show on Broadway! I never saw Laura Bell Bundy as Sherrie in LA. I bet she'd be great in the role on the Great Whitesnake Way...
re: Rock of Ages: Webisodes click and kick
 Jul 23 2009, 11:01:27 AM
This cast is amazing...
re: Bare: A Pop Opera
 Jul 20 2009, 04:27:14 PM
best. show. ever.

the LA production at the Hudson Theater was pure magic.

...and once again...reprise our roles...

re: What is your favorite Broadway Show and song?
 Jun 29 2009, 08:54:31 PM
My favorite Shows are ROCK OF AGES and INTO THE WOODS. My favorite Songs are "Children Will Listen" and "At the Ballet".
re: Amy Spanger Leaves ROCK OF AGES
 Jun 29 2009, 05:02:49 PM
Amy Spanger is an amazing talent and anyone who bad-dogs her vocals is just a jealous hack. She's great. In my opinion, Ms. Spanger rocked the roll of Sherrie, and injected an infectious energy and big dose of comedy to a vocally demanding role. YOU sing "High Enough" with Constantine Maroulis 8 times a week and see how YOU do with that...

I think it's really a shame she left the show and I will miss her. Those of us who shilled for Rock of Ages before the Critics' Praise...and the To

re: 'Don't Stop Believin': Glee Vs. Rock of Ages
 May 30 2009, 08:33:22 AM
Oh I get it! This is like "Which Sandy?...Olivia-Newton-John?...Or that girl that won that Reality TV Show and got to star on Broadway with former American Idol Contestants in the ROCK OF AGES THEATER?"
re: Why do all the ROA fans seem to think that reviews make their show God
 May 13 2009, 10:20:38 AM
Oooooh I love it when CS gets all twisted. I asked both you and the Charleston (or whatever name he uses these days) to sit next to me during ROA Previews and got no response. Vocallizzy was ready to buy y'all drinks and everything! Invitation still stands.

Never say never, people. There are not a lot of Tony Voters. People pay attention to these Boards. Constantine was nominated because he's GREAT in a role he originated. That counts, whether you like the show (OR HAVE EVEN SEEN

re: Patrick Wilson in ROCK OF AGES Film?
 May 12 2009, 07:34:58 PM
Wouldn't it be great if shows like "Grey's Anatomy" used REAL surgeons...or "24" used ACTUAL cops...instead of those dumb old actors! B? "Angels in America"?..."Watchmen"?..."Little Children"? I'd say Mr. Wilson is A+.
re: The Addams Family Cast!
 May 11 2009, 05:08:57 PM
Wesley Taylor is Broadway's STAR on the rise!
re: Why do all the ROA fans seem to think that reviews make their show God
 May 11 2009, 05:02:04 PM
it always strikes me as funny when people say the plot in musical theater is "thin". it is, after all, musical theater. "Rock of Ages" has been wrongly accused, and it makes me think about "Hair" and all it's praise and hoopla over the last 40 years...

nothing against the revival, the cast, the staging...but c'mon...a bunch of hippies dance around...some burn draft cards...the one who doesn't bites it. let the sun shine.

ROCK OF AGES is also a boatload of fun. the book is cl

re: Why do all the ROA fans seem to think that reviews make their show Good
 May 10 2009, 11:43:34 AM
A-N-D-A-L-L-T-H-A-T-J-A-Z-Z-2-2-Y-O-U-R-P-O-S-T-S-A-R-E-N-O-T-E-F-F-E-C-T-I-V-E-N-O-R-A-R-E-T-H-E-Y-L-I-V-I-N-G-U-P-T-O-T-H-E-I-R-P-O-T-E-N-T-I-A-L-.
 May 10 2009, 07:39:09 AM
oh. make it "good". HA!
 May 10 2009, 07:36:50 AM
You know, it's funny...God was at Rock of Ages last night, and during "Final Countdown" He was overheard in the bathroom saying the show was pretty kick-ass. The Cast...The Live Band... He was surprised that it was such a Fun Comedy...and not just a bunch of 80's tunes. He told the Awesome Bartenders that the Cool Waitstaff bringing people drinks to their seats on the Orchestra level was not at all distracting. Then Santa Claus, who was a bit tipsy, told God about the New York Times review o
re: 'A Chorus Line' Movie Worth Buying?
 May 9 2009, 06:56:54 AM
There are brilliant gems in the Theater that simply do not translate to the big screen. Maybe if the teams that made "Chicago" or "Dreamgirls" were around, "A Chorus Line - The Movie" might have been great. But it really, really stinks.

I saw "Every Little Step" yesterday at the Angelika Theater in NYC. Awesome Documentary about the history of the show's creation, creator, and an inside look at the audition process to get a part in a show about the audition process (for the last Broa

re: The 2009 Tony Awards Host Will Be...
 May 5 2009, 02:28:15 PM
Cheyenne Jackson.
re: Predictions of what the Tony nominees will perform on Tony night?
 May 5 2009, 02:23:00 PM
I think ROCK OF AGES should do "I Wanna Rock" into "More than Words" into "Don't Stop".

And I think Hugh Jackman should be the host every year.

re: The Biggest Snub Thread
 May 5 2009, 02:16:16 PM
The amazingly talented Wesley Taylor for ROCK OF AGES.
re: What I love most about ROCK OF AGES being nominated for Best Musical
 May 5 2009, 02:13:22 PM
it's worth bumping up this thread just to be able to repeat "corn kernel in the turd pile". seriously, is that the best you can do?

ROCK OF AGES RULES!
SUCK IT HATERS!

What I love most about ROCK OF AGES being nominated for Best Musical is that it IS the best Musical on Broadway.

Do you smell that? It even Smells like Rock. And Recoup.

re: ROCK OF AGES! ALLLLRIGHT!
 May 5 2009, 08:57:04 AM
As the undisputed King Shill of Shill Mountain...all I can say is CONGRATS TO ROCK OF AGES FOR THE WELL DESERVED 5 TONY NOMINATIONS!

Go Connie! Go Kristin! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! June 7th is gonna Rock. Rock Rock Rock!

KUDOS TO THE CAST, CREW, AND CREATORS FOR NOT LISTENING TO ANY OF THE BULLSHIT SAID ABOUT THEIR FUN, SMART, FUNNY, CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED, HIT SHOW!!!!!! Game on, indeed.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You