News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for raggballad2

raggballad2 Profile Photo
Member Name: raggballad2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://twitter.com/seanchang_
Blog Address: http://sassafratic.tumblr.com/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shrek The Musical- Chicago- 8.19.10
 Aug 21 2010, 11:37:53 PM
the ensemble part I can remember in "Big Bright Beautiful World" is a little part where they welcome young Shrek to their celebration only to try to burn him...very brief moment in the opening
ADDAMS FAMILY Reviews
 Apr 9 2010, 12:03:36 AM
As much as I enjoyed watching the show just as a night out at the theatre, I don't think it really deserves a nomination for Best Musical. It definitely doesn't deserve to win (in my opinion, even though I had a fun time!)

I was expecting negative reviews, but this was still very sad for a show that I think had great potential to start with, and then some hope after the out-of-town tryout and time in between to really try to get this show "right." It's so sad...

Addams Family cast on Letterman right now!
 Apr 7 2010, 02:11:13 PM
the first date joke/birthday lines were originally part of a number between Nathan and Bebe called "Passionate and True."

I thought it was a more energetic song (not performance) and a better opening than Clandango (whose tone I liked better), I thought they did a poor job of taking all of Nathan’s lines from Clandango and sticking them into the new song...it just seemed like really bad exposition, and I think there could’ve been a much better, more efficient/clever way of getting all t

Addams Family cast on Letterman right now!
 Apr 7 2010, 01:11:42 AM
well that was exposition city...i was cringing at the writing. I don't know if it's just because it's the TV or if it's really that everyone there doesn't want to be, but that seemed really...subdued and low energy, even though the song is more upbeat than Clandango. Hm.
Addams Family 3-31-10 Quick Review
 Apr 6 2010, 03:50:38 PM
Quick question- is the ending (Move Toward the Darkness) still the same as it was in Chicago? Is the song the same/the way the show ends? I felt it was really rushed in Chicago and felt like an attempt to tie up all loose ends to a happy ending in the last few minutes.

Also, is the tango still with all the ancestors, and if so, what are people's thoughts on that? I really hope Bebe and Nathan are highlighted, because I felt they were definitely lost in the ensemble.

Thanks! O

LATEST Addams Family thoughts?
 Mar 8 2010, 12:47:36 AM
" I was counting Morticia's song in the bedroom with the ensemble (early in act 2) as its own dance number"

that sounds like the Second Banana dance break...so I'm guessing they kept that number/Morticia's aging issue?

THE ADDAMS FAMILY: Who's Directing this Thing?
 Feb 7 2010, 04:15:34 PM
As it left Chicago, Crouch and McDermott still held the title of directors, and Zaks was brought in as creative consultant. However, producers have basically said that Zaks is in charge of the significant changes expected, with Crouch and McDemott "having meaningful input."

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFDE1E39F93AA15751C1A96F9C8B63&scp=1&sq=addams+family&st=nyt

Addams Family Review 1/05/10 -Slight Spoilers-
 Jan 12 2010, 07:47:51 PM
Second Banana was also received very well both times I saw it with Bebe and even more so with Rachel. Full Disclosure, looking back now, seems messy. I really hope they don't cut "Waiting" for Carolee, but her solo is really MUCH stronger than any of the Addamses' material now.
Addams Family Review 1/05/10 -Slight Spoilers-
 Jan 7 2010, 12:17:38 AM
While I enjoy the show a lot, I would NOT want to be posting links to that kind of stuff on here, CrazierThanYou...
Song List of 'The Addams Family' Musical?
 Jan 5 2010, 11:54:33 PM
Scroll down...

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?page=3&thread=1007027&boardname=bway&boardid=1

AMERICAN IDIOT Moves To Broadway; Opens at St. James Theatre April 20, 2010
 Jan 5 2010, 09:20:13 PM
Haha WishingOnlyWounds2, I was just thinking about a Lady Gaga musical last night. Oh boy...

I'm also really excited for this! I may have to visit NYC again next year for this...

The Addams Family Review - 1/2/10 - Rachel De Benedet U/S Morticia
 Jan 5 2010, 07:44:13 PM
I think this is a nice article about the issues with the musical as it is now:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/06/theater/06addams.html?src=twt&twt=nytimesarts

iphones vs cd's
 Jan 4 2010, 10:03:10 PM
^That was mean...haha. You have your reasons, others have theirs. That is actually the only reason I don't buy CDs. To save packaging.
 Jan 4 2010, 03:34:40 PM
I thought the seats were okay for the price. You miss a good bunch on either side, but I preferred the house right box. It seems to have a better balance between music and actors.

I get there an hour before the BO opens, and I've been the last one to get tickets the times I've gone (a Friday and a Sunday..last to get matinee for Sun.) I'd say it's worth it if you want a cheap ticket and have already seen it. I thought it was worthwhile seeing the show again and really seeing what works

Jan 4 2010, 01:44:37 PM
I totally agree with ErinDillyFan regarding the tango scene. It's messy, doesn't really highlight Gomez and Morticia (Ancestors need to get out of there), and was always very low energy. Also think Alice is probably the best developed character in the show right now.

I sat in the rush boxes, and didn't see the drummer, but the violinists would make funny faces and gestures to the other side of the pit a lot, which was..distracting and amusing at the time time.

Jan 3 2010, 10:22:59 PM
Jackie's Full Disclosure is pretty much set (don't wanna spoil it) and the "i just peed"/napkin is set. But there are some parts she ad-libs...like today after her Disclosure, as she was walking back to the table she mutters, "What am I doing here? I should be in the attic watching the Bears-Detroit game," which got a huge laugh (and a "YES!" from the guy sitting behind me).

Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out?
 Jan 3 2010, 08:31:04 PM
I think it depends on the show and its system. Some shows will have seats set aside for lottery that won't be sold online, while others' rush tickets will be whatever's left/subject to availability, in which case if it's a sold out show, the cancellation line may be the way to go. It depends on the show, though, so try to find out what system they're using...
 Jan 3 2010, 06:35:59 PM
just got back from seeing the show in hopes of seeing Rachel, and was lucky that she was on for Bebe. She was absolutely stunning and Morticia and her voice was clear and goregous, VERY different Morticia from Bebe's I felt. More loving and sweet. While she had most of the character down and most of the choreography, there were times when she would stand there out of character in a very awkward stance that didn't seem very Morticia-y. But nonetheless, she was great. Hope Bebe gets well soon.
 Jan 2 2010, 11:22:57 PM
No solo. He shares his songs, including his biggest, "Crazier than You" with Krysta.
 Jan 2 2010, 11:02:11 PM
The Tiger Woods line was ad-libbed I think. I saw it on the 18th and 29th and she never said that. She did stop the show with her Full Disclosure though and the peeing...and she fell off the chair when she sat down, which was hilarious. She's just..so crazy and entertaining.

Anyone have any idea if Bebe will be out tomorrow as well? I'm wondering what her understudy sounds like...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You