pixeltracker

Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out?

Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out?

rmusic11322
#1Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out?
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:22pm

I'm trying to see Burn The Floor, Ragtime, Finian's Rainbow, or Bye Bye Birdie before they close. Do they still have student rush or lottery? And can anyone help me how to do them, since I've never done it before. And if they don't have it, is it best to go to a TKTS booth or just say that it's sold out completely? Any help would be appriciated.

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#2Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out?
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:31pm

I think it depends on the show and its system. Some shows will have seats set aside for lottery that won't be sold online, while others' rush tickets will be whatever's left/subject to availability, in which case if it's a sold out show, the cancellation line may be the way to go. It depends on the show, though, so try to find out what system they're using...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out?
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:37pm

This should have the most complete info you can find.

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/82428-Broadway-Rush-and-Standing-Room-Only-Policies

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#3Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:44pm

Everything but Ragtime on that list is subject to availability. Ragtime has seats set aside for lotto and will always have those seats set aside. The other shows could possibly not have Rush or whatever discount seats but Burn the Floor and Finian's Rainbow will have it available, they aren't too popular. Bye Bye Birdie sells well though.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:48pm

I believe all of the lottos have seats set aside. Not just Ragtime.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#5Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out
Posted: 1/3/10 at 8:53pm

Yes that is true but they were asking about Ragtime, Finian's Rainbow, Bye Bye Birdie, and Burn the Floor specifically.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
rmusic11322
kryst22 Profile Photo
kryst22
#8Do shows still have lottery or rush even if the websites say it is sold out
Posted: 1/3/10 at 11:21pm

Also just know that all shows but BBB have been on TKTS regularly. BBB has only been on today out of the past few days I've worked at the booth.

Videos