News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for barbl lyons

Member Name: barbl lyons
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Les Mis Houston TUTS cast
 Feb 27 2009, 11:52:21 PM
There is no reason they can't bring in more people from Houston to be in the show. Most regional theaters don't use local talents even for the chorus so at least this is a step in the direction you guys are talking about.
I think there is something to be said for bring in a New York cast. People with Broadway credits, etcetera. That doesn't mean the Houston actors aren't as good or better but this is how most regional theaters operate. As it is, I believe some people who were in the Atlanta

re: Matt Morrison and Lea Michele to star in new FOX show GLEE
 Feb 27 2009, 11:46:27 PM
That's really cool for them. Hope it works out!
re: Kerry Butler 'Caught' for 'CATCH ME IF YOU CAN', Signed for Role of 'Br
 Feb 27 2009, 11:42:52 PM
I like Kerry but I hope there is no dancing in this show
re: Looks like STORY OF MY LIFE will get a cast album after all...
 Feb 27 2009, 11:41:13 PM
I have heard the music is beautiful, so I'd love for it to be preserved. Hope it happens.
re: Has a coughing/sneezing fit ever messed up a song?
 Feb 27 2009, 11:39:22 PM
I've seen it happen. It must be mortifying! But, ya know, actors are only human. Stuff happens!
re: Les Mis Houston TUTS cast
 Feb 27 2009, 12:10:52 AM
Generic but good? What does that even mean?
I saw her and thought she was great. A show that has run that long attaches certain expectations for how a character should be played.
I wouldn't say it was generic necessarily. I thought she fulfilled what Fantine was supposed to be and probably the best I have heard the role SUNG, EVER. I understand what you mean but how does one REALLY make a role like Fantine their "own"? Daphne Rubin Vega tried that and it didn't go over too well! People

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You