News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for araminta18

Member Name: araminta18
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seating for Winter Garden - Music Man  Oct 18 2021, 05:09:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I just moved my seats from row T in the orchestra (admittedly, center) to A2/A4 on the right.  I figure on the aisle can't be that bad...we'll see :)

Theatre in a Box—Musical Theatre Board Game Kickstarter  Jul 18 2020, 07:21:47 PM

They’re about $5000 away from their goal with 10 days to go. They’ve been posting videos of people playing with example clues—it looks really clever too.
Example:
“Unlike the rest of the song, the verses are refusing to queue”

https://www.facebook.com/theatreinabox/videos/276394260126670/?extid=CSGlfcZGPOxiR8y2 for the answer :)

And no, I’m not affiliated with it, I just really want my copy so I want it to get funded :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/musicaltheatre/theatre-in-a-box-a-musical-theatre-board-game

Theatre in a Box—Musical Theatre Board Game Kickstarter  Jul 5 2020, 09:35:38 PM

Found this on Kickstarter—a musical theatre board game with questions about musicals, opportunities to sing/act stuff out. It says it’s for both those who love to perform as well as general musical theatre lovers, with a variety of skill levels, so thought people here might be interested.

I admit I am posting for a selfish reason—I really want it to get funded so I can get my copy!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/musicaltheatre/theatre-in-a-box-a-musical-theatre-board-game

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Jan 8 2020, 05:06:31 PM

I just looked at buying group tickets for me and a bunch of friends, and the price quoted from Broadway Inbound was about $8 more than direct from telecharge singly, even including the service fees.  Is that normal?  Seems like no benefit to buying as a group. 

Where To Sit?  Jun 10 2017, 01:10:37 PM

Just bought tickets for BC 10 and 12...good seats?  bad seats?  comments?  I haven't really been following Great Comet, but my friend is coming in to town and she wanted to see it, so I just went online and bought them.  Anything I should know about when sitting there?

War Paint, Groundhog Day, Anastasia Souvenir Programs?  Jun 10 2017, 12:57:00 PM

I know Anastasia just got their souvenir programs, but is it available online to buy anywhere?   And anyone know if War Paint or Groundhog Day have souvenir programs available yet?

FREAKY FRIDAY at Signature Theatre in DC  Oct 5 2016, 09:32:21 PM

Just wanted to echo BroadwayConcierge's assessment--I also saw it last night.  Heidi and Emma were indeed amazing--honestly, the entire cast was great, even the boy playing the kid brother (I confess I was expecting him to be mostly annoying but he was endearing and funny instead).  It was a really fun night--tons of laughing and and Heidi's ballad in Act 2 was surprisingly touching.

Also agree that we don't have enough time with each of them in their own bodies t

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 10 2016, 08:40:13 PM

I'm sure I'm late, but I'm also looking for a code, if anyone has one!

Dear Evan Hansen  Mar 16 2016, 10:03:28 PM

Forgive my ignorance if this has already been discussed, but will there be a cast recording for this show?

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation  Feb 22 2016, 08:27:54 AM

Echoing the request for the running time, please!  I'm seeing it tonight and catching a bus back home afterwards, and am trying to figure out how close I'm going to cut it.  So, posting the running time would be super helpful!  Thank you!

FIRST YOU DREAM on PBS  Jan 1 2016, 12:23:08 PM

Just bought the DVD.  Still doesn't include the whole concert (missing Heidi's incredible "Ring Them Bells", "Dear One", "Sara Lee", "City Lights", "Colored Lights", "All I Need Is/Yes", "A Certain Girl", "Boom Ditty Boom", "Razzle Dazzle", "How Lucky Can You Get", and "Show People", and doesn't include an option for watching it in the original order.  So I'm kind of disappointed--how hard would it have been to throw the original show up without weird editing or anything?  But I'm glad to get at least part of the show--I really enjoyed it when I saw it at the Kennedy Center.  

Gentleman's Guide Baby Onesies  Dec 13 2015, 10:22:52 PM

I want to get one of the Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder onesies for my brand new nephew, but online they are no longer listed in the store.  Does anyone know if there are any still at the theatre, or does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell?  I'd prefer "the Next Earl of Highurst" but I'm flexible.  Thanks!

Daddy Long Legs Rush?  Sep 19 2015, 04:20:45 PM

There's a Broadway Box discount for half off, I believe.

Also, any reports from any of the previews so far?  I haven't seen/heard any chatter and I'm curious...my tickets aren't until later October!

Side View Seats at 54 Below--how bad?  Aug 26 2015, 06:09:05 PM

I'm thinking about going to a show at 54 Below and was curious about the view from the side seats--is it really that bad?  Anyone have any comments?  

James Barbour From Phantom Scheduled Day Off?  May 13 2015, 10:10:30 AM

Where do they post if he's going to be out?  I'm going up to NY tomorrow and I really want to see him in the role...

Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall  May 13 2015, 10:08:09 AM

Ah!  I love this show--definitely gonna have to make a trip up to see it.  Was there a press release or anything announcing this?

Discount Matilda or Phantom Tix?  Apr 12 2015, 08:33:50 PM

Hi,

My brother and I will be doing a day trip to New York sometime during the week of May 11-15 and are looking to see either Phantom or Matilda.  I've been poking around on the usual suspects (broadwaybox, etc), but was curious what the discounts for Phantom and Matilda tend to be on TKTS, or if there's any other place or good code I should know for either show?   Anyone know if for these shows we'd be ok just showing up to the box office beforehand and scoring fair

Little Dancer 10-25-14  Oct 27 2014, 08:12:21 PM
Peck actually comes across pretty young onstage--not quite 14, but definitely 16 or so.
Little Dancer 10-25-14  Oct 26 2014, 06:13:05 PM
Counting the musicians listed in the playbill, looks like a 20 piece orchestra. Either way, it sounded great--big and lush and not thin at all. The orchestra and their sound perfectly complemented the score.

The set was fantastic. It was a series of 3 very tall revolving pieces on each side (I think they had 3 sides? maybe) and would revolve as the scene changed. Then projections in Degas' style were also used. I'm describing it badly but check the Little Dancer facebook page (of

Little Dancer 10-25-14  Oct 26 2014, 09:09:37 AM
I was in the audience for the first show last night. Susan Stroman came out at the beginning to make it clear that this was the first preview show and that there might be technical difficulties. However, as far as I could tell the show went off without a hitch, which was impressive cause there is some pretty elaborate scenery.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the show. It ran 2:30 almost exactly, and at intermission and afterwards, I heard lots of positive comments. Tiler Peck is fantastic

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You