News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for On the road...

Member Name: On the road...
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seph Stanek  Sep 4 2015, 10:36:16 AM

antone know if Seph Stanek is still in the cast of Naked Boys Singing?   Or know what he's up to these days? 

Why Hasn't Christiane Noll Done a Million Broadway Shows  Sep 3 2015, 09:06:38 AM

She's always seemed rather generic and overrated to me.  Not quite enough star power to really truly break through. 

Kyle Dean Massey / Taylor Frey  Aug 28 2015, 09:52:44 AM

Before you jumpped down my throat, maybe you should've counted a little more closely.  I counted at least a dozen, which is why I asked in the first place, and based on two of the other responses, it sure doesn't seem like I just started a rumor.  

Kyle Dean Massey / Taylor Frey  Aug 26 2015, 10:05:00 AM

When did Taylor come out?  Wasn't he engaged to Nikki Bohne at some point?

Kyle Dean Massey / Taylor Frey  Aug 25 2015, 07:40:10 PM

Are Kyle Dean Massey and Taylor Frey dating?  Following both of them on Instagram, they seem to be together all the time these days.  

New "Joseph...Dreamcoat" Tour?  Aug 5 2013, 07:57:32 PM
Anyone know anything about this new Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tour that's going out and replacing the now cancelled tour of The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber in many markets? Do we know who is producing?
Priscilla Queen of The Desert Tour Cast Announced!!  Dec 5 2012, 04:49:24 PM
Ugh, Andrew Chappelle. Guess we're subject to yet another performance of him majorly mugging on stage.
PORGY & BESS Moves Broadway Closing Up to September 23, 2012  Jul 18 2012, 10:53:22 PM
Willing to bet just about anything that in the coming weeks that closing date gets pushed up even sooner. Their numbers have been less than stellar for weeks now. That Tony Award they sure didn't deserve hasn't really done much to help them.
Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 13 2012, 09:53:20 AM
Here's the obligatory question...what team does Josh Young bat for? Do you ladies creaming you seats even have a chance?
Are we Follies fans going to be forever hopeless like Sally?  Jun 11 2012, 10:28:17 AM
While this had a truly all-star cast, Follies was one of the biggest snoozers I have ever sat through. Unless you're a theatre person, Sondheim doesn't have much appeal. Look at all of his recent revivals...I don't think a single one could be considered a hit. They are huge out of the door when they open and plummet pretty quickly. I was so excited to see Follies when it came to Briadway. With the premise of the show and the amazing cast, I didn't think I could go wrong by getting a ticket.
Why was Natascia Diaz fired from 'sweet charity'?  May 23 2012, 05:36:02 PM
This is the first I've ever heard of a poor reputation for her. What gives? Is she that bad to work with?
Naked Boys Singing Provincetown  May 18 2012, 03:25:26 PM
Any one know if Naked Boys Singing is returning to Provincetown this summer? I haven't been able to find anything about it!
Alex Ringler  May 8 2012, 01:15:55 AM
Yes, "false" advertising happens all the time with original casts being used years after they left. This one just surprised me because it was a "new" production and he's in the promos but not in the show. They certainly lost out when he booked that Las Vrgas gig!
Alex Ringler  May 5 2012, 07:31:53 PM
Why is Alex Ringler in the promo pics for the new off-Broadway Naked Boys Singing but not in the show? I know he choreographed the current version, but his picture in the pics is incredibly misleading! It's rather disappointing, honestly!
Will The Scottsboro Boys win anything?  Jun 5 2011, 12:02:37 PM
The fact that it got that many nominations six months after closing was it's win. I wouldn't count on seeing it get any statues. Remember, a lot of the Tony voters are presenters of Broadway series in markets outside of New York City. They want to bring "Tony Award winning shows" to their venues. Considering this doesn't have an official national tour planned (they will be "touring" to regional houses) I just don't see many of the Tony voters going for it.
Chances of Seeing Alice Ripley Opening Night in Cleveland?  Jun 5 2011, 11:57:59 AM
I think your chances are very good. Everyone in that town knows she's from there and everyone wants to see her. She did a convocation at Kent State University back in the fall before the tour went out and she said she wouldn't miss a performance in Cleveland. Whether she holds to that or not remains to be seen, but she knows that perhaps more so than other cities, Cleveland REALLY wants to see her.
Broadway's Todd Lattimore Returns Home  May 31 2011, 05:22:12 PM
Broadway's Todd Lattimore (La Cage Aux Folles, 42nd Street) returns to where he took his first steps on stage.

http://auburnpub.com/lifestyles/article_ec33e28e-8980-11e0-aa57-001cc4c03286.html

PLAY DEAD?  May 6 2011, 11:18:39 PM
I just saw this show a few weeks ago after being curious about it for months. I really, really enjoyed it. It's something different. As long as you and your daughter aren't too easily scared you'll be fine. You will be submerged in complete darkness a couple of times and there is full nudity in it, but other than that, you'll have to wait and see for yourself! It's fun!
Addams Under Valued?  Apr 20 2011, 11:55:54 AM
You do see a lot of posters for it. I think it's lessened since Nathan Lane left. I've seen the show twice and really enjoyed it both times. Unfortunately I see if closing up shop soon after the wonderful Bebe Neuwirth departs the show in a few months.
Tony Sheldon should get the final curtain call!  Apr 20 2011, 11:53:31 AM
I couldn't agree more. Tony Sheldon blew me away in this show. Will Swenson, in my opinion, is horribly miscast and it is painful throughout the show how hard he is trying to be a gay man. He's the weak link out of the three. This show has two nominations coming for it: Sheldon and costumes. Should (hopefully) win both.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You