Alex Ringler

On the road...
#1Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/5/12 at 7:31pm

Why is Alex Ringler in the promo pics for the new off-Broadway Naked Boys Singing but not in the show? I know he choreographed the current version, but his picture in the pics is incredibly misleading! It's rather disappointing, honestly!

vocalzone
#2Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/5/12 at 11:58pm

He was in the Provincetown production (same producers/directors as the current off-broadway production) in 2007 and 2011. He was cast in this production but right before rehearsals/after the photoshoots got a bigger contract with Surf in Las Vegas. He still served as this production's choreographer.

Also, how many shows have had giant billboards advertising different cast members that aren't name stars? (Multiple Rent and Chicago billboards/advertisements come to mind...hell, half the Chicago advertisements have Ute Lemper who is somewhat of a name in this industry).

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/6/12 at 12:51am

He looks good.

JoanBennett Profile Photo
JoanBennett
#3Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/6/12 at 1:07am

Alex Ringler is a professional of the highest integrity.

vocalzone is correct to point out that photos with cast members who have left is not unusual.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#4Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/6/12 at 7:17am

I've seen him in the national tour of A Chorus Line, on Broadway in West Side Story, in Ptown in both Naked Boys and Icons, and in two editions of Broadway Bares.

He's extremely talented, phenomenally good looking, he has a beautiful voice, and can be very goofy and funny. (He's also a very nice guy.)

Road trip to Las Vegas for Surf?

On the road...
#5Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/8/12 at 1:15am

Yes, "false" advertising happens all the time with original casts being used years after they left. This one just surprised me because it was a "new" production and he's in the promos but not in the show. They certainly lost out when he booked that Las Vrgas gig!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#6Alex Ringler
Posted: 5/8/12 at 2:19am

I met him after seeing him in the Chorus Line tour a few years back in Vancouver. I admit I don't usually stage door or have had many encounters with any Broadway performers but he was genuinely talkative and seemed a nice guy. And I thought he was one of the better performers in the production.

Videos