News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nicholas24

Member Name: nicholas24
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Barbra Streisand ~ The Guilt Trip Movie  Dec 3 2012, 02:51:01 PM
Loved the movie!
Iris, where have you heard about a European tour?

Streisand Gypsy is still on....  Oct 24 2012, 11:33:18 AM
Gaveston,
Well, that's what we have crazy obsessive fans for.
As for who the hunk in question was, I think the most obvious answer would be Barry Gibb, because of the huge success of that song/album. But, who's to say?
It could be Don Johnson.
It could be Omar Sharif.
It could be Kris Kristoferson.
Hell, it could be Walter Matthau.

Streisand Gypsy is still on....  Oct 23 2012, 11:53:03 AM
Gaveston,
The reference you're thinking of was from her 1994 Concerts. She did a version of I'm Still Here with different lyrics. "I've been through showtunes, I've been through funk and it stunk, but I'm here. Hit songs with no tunes, heavy duets with a hunk, is he here?"

New Barbra Streisand book  May 8 2012, 08:05:16 PM
If anyone can help out with the funding of this book, please do so. It's a wonderful gift to the greatest star!
You can even give just $10 and still get some pretty amazing rewards! Check it out, and tell the Barbra-fanatic in your life!!

Yvonne De Carlo in Hello, Dolly!  Feb 27 2012, 05:43:34 PM
Thanks for the info!

Love that she did it with an Irish dialect. Makes me wish it was recorded even more!!

Yvonne De Carlo in Hello, Dolly!  Feb 24 2012, 04:44:17 PM
Does anyone have any information, pics, or audio of Yvonne De Carlo in Hello, Dolly!

I know she did a few nights in Virginia in 1969, but I've only seen a few pics and absolutely no audio/video or reviews.

any info or help is appreciated.
thanks!

What Is Your Viewing Record For A Broadway Show?  Aug 1 2011, 11:07:27 AM
I saw 9to5 The Musical on Broadway 26 times
Barbra at the Grammys  Feb 14 2011, 02:11:12 PM
Whoever thinks Barbra was trying to hide her figure is mistaken. Take the time to look at pictures of her from the past year, since 2005 she has lost a lot of weight and looks wonderful.

To say that she has gained weight recently is completely wrong. Check your facts.

Leigh Anne Larkin=Fanny Brice in 2012 PLEASE  Jun 19 2010, 01:51:40 PM
some people are so crazy
Leigh Anne Larkin=Fanny Brice in 2012 PLEASE  Jun 18 2010, 12:58:08 PM
I would absolutely love to see the wonderful Leigh Anne Larkin as Fanny in the revival of Funny Girl.
She's got fantastic vocals, comic timing that cannot be denied, and a quality that, to me, SCREAMS Fanny.

I also LOVE that she's not an unknown, and she's not a Super TV or Music Star. She's done her supporting work and she's received brilliant reviews for them.

She would be stunning in the role, from the young girl with big dreams to the woman with heartache and loss.
Real Housewives of New Jersey: The Musical  Jun 9 2010, 02:18:00 AM
OK...AS WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING AND RE-WATCHING THE DVDS OF THE HOUSEWIVES...HERE WE GO...

Caroline: Patti Lupone
Dina: Megan Hilty
Theresa: Katie Finneran
Danielle: Idina Menzel
Jacqueline: STEPHANIE J BLOCK!!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!

Funny Girl, With Sher at Helm, Aimed for Broadway Revival  Jun 9 2010, 02:10:58 AM
Leigh Anne Larkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUH!

Who going to replace Grammer as Georges when he switches to Albin?  Apr 17 2010, 04:50:58 PM
It may not even be an issue. Kelsey said that it probably won't happen. It would be too hard to rehearse the role and perform Georges at night. If he did, he'd have to take some serious time off from the show and come back later.
All About Me: Dame Edna Stage Door????  Mar 30 2010, 03:41:37 AM
Does anyone know if Dame Edna comes out of the Stage Door as Dame Edna or Barry Humphries???
LOOPED 1st Preview.  Feb 20 2010, 11:02:04 AM
Going in, all I knew about Bankhead was her appearance on The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour, and the short biography about her in Playbill. I was expecting one-liners and "DAAAAAAAHLINGS" and I got them. But I was NOT expecting the emotional range of Valerie Harper.

After the first 15 minutes of her performance, I began to worry that the story wasn't going anywhere but dirty jokes and drinking humor, but I WAS WRONG. The inclusion of "A Streetcar Named Desire" monologues, set, and music was br

re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!  Jun 30 2009, 02:59:30 PM
yeah, the Charlie's Angels pose is often done...not just in memoriam. I've also seen the robot, bump and grind, and the YMCA when the cowboy from The Village People was in the audience.
re: Wicked the Movie on IMDB... 2010  Jun 14 2009, 10:14:25 PM
I Can't help but think about how awkward some of Wicked would be onscreen.
In Defying Gravity when she starts flying and singing at the same time, think about that onscreen. Today they could make it look amazing and real, but then to add on the lines/lyrics, I think it'd look very strange and awkward.
The thrill of this part of Wicked is seeing someone "soar" through the sky right in front of your eyes.
Any thoughts?

re: 9 to 5 to begin using lottery on Tuesday?  May 8 2009, 08:13:49 PM
ohmygod! whyyyy?!?! this honestly makes me so sad, i always have such bad luck with the lotteries.
re: Dolly Parton at 9 to 5????  Apr 25 2009, 09:54:29 AM
don't worry y'all. i'm not going to jump her, it'd just be a thrill to see her in person. i'd probably be too excited to even ask for an autograph.
Dolly Parton at 9 to 5????  Apr 25 2009, 12:00:53 AM
I know that Dolly is there a lot, does anyone know what door she comes out of after the show? I've heard people talk about "the other side" (not the stage door), anyone with some info?

thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You