News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayTravis

Member Name: BroadwayTravis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patti LuPone Sings SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Jun 23 2013, 10:42:32 PM
Very exciting. I've thought for a while on a few things. First, Patti should do a revival...for a lot of money (she deserves it) and she'll make the box office soar. It's her chance to do it in NYC. Huge.

Open in April and win the Tony she should and would have won. Make it a limited engagement like through the summer(6 months) and with HER option to extend the run for maybe the end of the year..."ring out the old, ring in the new. I'd would also ask for no matinees. That's a perfect

Detroiters who saw Kristin Chenoweth at the Opera House
 Oct 23 2012, 09:51:09 AM
I was so bummed I missed the show. I say go right to the source. KC is very good about answering questions on Twitter. If she doesn't remember it, someone around her knows for sure. Good luck.
What Musicals should be revived?
 Feb 23 2012, 11:37:09 AM
Definitely MISS SAIGON.

Lloyd Webber is back with now 3 on broadway, but I agree with the person that said:

STARLIGHT EXPRESS - Keep roller skates and really use new technology. This show seems to be the ugly step child of his catalog. It's very similar to Cats in structure and not an earth shattering story. Like many works it's about rooting for the underdog. I liked it when I saw it on tour and still listen to the music. Very kid/teen friendly which gets new blood in broa

House on Broadway for Natl Tours
 Jun 27 2011, 11:25:29 AM
This idea was brought up on another thread, "What two theatres would you want to own on Broadway" (mine the Imperial); however, I found a side topic quite interesting and deserving of its own. Member, fingerlakessinger, suggested one of the theatres be used for national tours.

I can't believe this idea has never been thought of, but I think it is a great one. There was of course the question of profitability for a show that maybe recently closed on Broadway (they usually do so for a r

So, How Is Christie Brinkley Doing as 'Roxie Hart'?
 May 22 2011, 01:57:28 PM
Too bad. I'm sure she's a nice woman and I give her props for moving out of her comfort zone, but you don't do it on Broadway. I'm sorry but the standards and talent is so high on those stages. I can totally see how the cast probably feel frustrated.

Of course always loved the show. This revival has sustained by stunt casting which has been interesting. However, if it is at a point of getting inappropriate performers, its time to give the B-List up and comers a shot and see how it p

Hugh Jackman in San Francisco
 May 22 2011, 01:50:00 PM
So jealous of all of you who got to see the show. I think it has a longer future. Glad to see it is going to Toronto in July. Somewhat closer to my hometown of Detroit, but I can't make the trip and don't think he'll come here. Although, I'm hoping we get a premiere of his next film, "Real Steel" since it was filmed in the D.

There's always rumblings and gossip. Has anybody heard something about an expanded tour or a NYC run? Toronto is usually one step away. Just curious.

A

Patti Lupone Stage Door
 May 22 2011, 01:44:17 PM
Ms Lupone is performing tomorrow night for a gala opening of a new Detroit suburban theatre. Unfortunately, my fan support does not match my budget for benefit performances.

I would love to meet one of my idols and have her sign either my Encores! "Gypsy" Playbill or her wonderful book. I'm not sure if the theatre has a proper stage door or what any setup would be like.

Have any of you encounterd Patti at a door, etc? She has a "reputation", but I think she is just passionate

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You