News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PianoMan2

Member Name: PianoMan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spring Awakening Tour
 Dec 17 2010, 05:49:42 PM
I LOVE Mark! I musical directed a Dirty Rotten that he did. I am aiming to see the show in Buffalo!
re: Non-equity auditioning for an equity show
 Aug 10 2009, 09:50:45 PM
I believe for EPA's and ECC's, you go in and sign up on a list. If you aren't typed out you need to wait until it is your turn.

Equity Members go First
EMC's Go Next if there are no Equity Members There
Non Equity can go if there are no Equity or EMC Members there

re: Songs With Weirdest Subject Matter
 May 6 2009, 08:43:24 PM
TimesSquareRegular - I musical directed a musical revue and we got the rights for that song. I'm glad other people like it as well.

For those who don't know Bajour, it is a really fun number called Where is the Tribe for Me - if you get a chance check it out! Very random!

re: Shrek? Could it?
 May 6 2009, 08:24:56 PM
I don't think Best Musical is in the cards, but I do think Sieber will get a win, and possibly Orchestrations - there is a lot of stuff going on in the orchestra for that show (musically) and I hope that it gets recognized
re: The Broadway Graveyard
 May 6 2009, 08:17:25 PM
Ever After - are there any updates on that?
re: Orchestra question:
 May 6 2009, 08:15:36 PM
Show Boat has a lot of Banjo in the Revised version, and our person also played Guitar as well
re: Guessing Game
 May 5 2009, 12:38:14 PM
I usually think of composer as the one who writes the music, and then the lyrics are separate, but you make a good point about how well known the authors are.
re: Are performers usually in close to the Tony's?
 May 5 2009, 12:36:29 PM
I second that - explain please!
re: Guessing Game
 May 5 2009, 12:29:52 PM
Chicago?

re: The 2009 Tony Awards Host Will Be...
 May 5 2009, 12:22:24 PM
I would love to see Whoopi again. She helped to keep the evening moving along, and was very entertaining!
re: It is Tonys or Tony Awards -- not Tony's or Tonies or or or OR ARRGHHH!
 May 5 2009, 12:21:29 PM
Thanks for the reminder!
re: Cast Recording Recommendations?
 May 3 2009, 10:50:07 PM
Last 5 Years?
re: Interesting Child Actor Treatment in the current non-union Wizard of Oz
 May 3 2009, 10:21:37 PM
First things first - there are 2 sides to every story, and some stage mothers are nuts and will spew lies if they feel they have been wronged. None of us know the reliability of this woman or what her circumstances were.

I wonder why the other parents didn't make a bigger fuss over this earlier. They know that they have to spend money on head shots and resume, why would they think they should be expected to perform for free - the work is the payoff of the investment!

On the

re: Best Act I Finale's
 May 3 2009, 07:40:02 AM
Shrek - Who I'd Be

I think that this is a beautiful Act 1 closing number. I think everybody can or has been able to relate to it at sometime in their life, and the tension in the music that goes throughout is amazing. Say what you will about the show, but I think it is a very powerful number to end the first act.

re: Favorite Books on Theater
 May 3 2009, 07:27:52 AM
Phyllis - I don't know Follies nearly as well as I should, but this has inspired me to listen to the recording and take a look for this book. Thanks for the idea.

TinyMagic - The David Merrick piece sounds very interesting, and I am going to check out pricing for that as well.

Thanks fellow theater lovers!

re: Shrek & 9 to 5 Review - May 2nd
 May 3 2009, 01:34:34 AM
Thanks for the review

re: Shrek - the first time I saw it, I was not a big fan, but I learned to love the recording, and when I went back to see it I enjoyed the show as a whole a lot more! I also noticed some acting moments that I thought were off (either a bit forced or that I didn't think fit that well), however this time through I didn't feel that was as much...maybe it was the 2nd viewing, or maybe I just knew what to expect!

Favorite Books on Theater
 May 3 2009, 01:25:07 AM
Hey All.

Thought I would ask for some opinions on Broadway reading material and get some suggestions.

First (as you can guess from the name) I am a musician - and I actually like getting research books! (I have the new Suskin book about orchestrations on order now)

Seth Rudetsky's book made me laugh (Broadway Nights - still have not gotten Q Guide yet), but would love to get some ideas especially about books with artistic and creative team interviews - the "putting it

re: Avenue Q lottery as of late
 May 3 2009, 01:15:05 AM
2 or 3 Weeks ago for a Saturday matinee was fairly crowded (for the number of seats) ----- maybe 25-35 people.....maybe someone else can give you something a bit more recent though.
re: Which restaurant is quicker: Tony's DiNapoli or Sardi's?
 May 3 2009, 01:12:36 AM
I will 2nd Angus as stated above - good food and very quick.

I did go to Sardi's once and I remember it took a long time --- I'm sure with your window you would be fine, but my experience was a rather slow one when it was NOT super crowded.

re: Christopher Sieber Perf. on Regis and Kelly
 May 1 2009, 08:00:59 PM
Very fun number - and the bit with Regis and Brian Darcy James was cute!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You