News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brettarnett

brettarnett Profile Photo
Member Name: brettarnett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Playwrights and Composers Who Have Acted in Their Own Works  May 23 2021, 11:38:02 PM

John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask in Hedwig

COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown  Mar 13 2021, 12:21:21 AM

I do wonder about Lupone. 

Depending on how long the series is, she could most definitely film in between now and a fall opening. Especially if it's 5 or so episodes.

Songs for Calling Someone Out  Feb 23 2021, 02:35:13 PM
'Could I Leave You' - Follies
Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 21 2020, 11:03:30 PM

I agree that Annaleigh would seem to be the perfect match for the role. 

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Jun 18 2020, 11:58:19 AM

I agree 100%. Why not make her a lesbian or bi. Such a missed opportunity.

Re Patina. I am still flabbergasted that Patina almost got Effie. I remember hearing it at Seth's Chatterbox and Seth was dumbfounded. She said the producers were looking to go in a "different direction" for Effie. Which is complete absurd but I guess not out of the realm of possibility for a Hollywood adaptation.

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Jun 17 2020, 11:50:13 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Recently Jenn Colella revealed she was being seen for PJ for the company revival.
Also, Patina Miller was one of the final 3 choices for Effie in the dreamgirls movie.
"

I would have loved to see Colella as PJ in Company. I haven't seen this revival yet but the thought of different gendered partners for Bobbie is exciting.

Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?  Jun 11 2020, 09:39:09 AM

I still want to hear her Dina in The Band's Visit. She only participated in the workshops.

Best Scene Changes  Jun 3 2020, 10:53:57 AM

americanboy99 said: "YERMA at the Armory- when the lights came up and there was suddenly a full living room, and Billie Piper was holding that baby... So good."

If anyone wants the magic spoiled this article does a pretty good job explaining it: https://www.surfacemag.com/articles/simon-stone-talks-yerma-set-design/

I wish there was a video that showed it happening in night vision.

Actors being fired / replaced  May 21 2020, 12:06:21 PM

If I remember correctly Robert Morse didn't want to relocate his family from CA to NY for Wicked. And I thought it was known that Amy Spanger was injured vocally during Rock of Ages? Maybe that was just the gossip at the time?

Sam Mendes Gypsy (2003)  May 21 2020, 10:42:27 AM

fashionguru_23 said: "I remember watching the Seth's Broadway Chatterbox episode/interview(God, I wish he would upload those in full somewhere) with David Burtka who played Tulsa in this production."

Seth has uploaded a few episodes over the years. Here is Burtka's where he discusses Gypsy: thttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9_Z3piV6Rg

Oklahoma! lottery  Dec 8 2019, 09:57:06 AM

Male roles with alternates  Nov 25 2019, 10:11:58 PM

The Other One said: "The original production of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? had an alternate matinee cast for George (and all other roles). The first Broadway revival of Man of La Mancha had a matinee alternate for Don Quixote.

"

Was there a specific reason why Woolf had an alternative cast? 

EVITA City center  Nov 23 2019, 02:54:46 PM

code: acceva for $25 tix. I don't know if they are age restricted like other ny theater companies?

Chenoweth & Benanti Working On Something Together?  Nov 18 2019, 05:47:14 PM

Dreaming that its Follies at Lincoln Center...

Different past versions of COMPANY?  Oct 31 2019, 11:18:00 AM

I’m gonna guess the NY Phil production with Neil Patrick Harris?

Death Becomes Her Musical, Starring Kristin Chenoweth  Oct 8 2019, 10:37:57 PM

Cause she's got the Yazbeck Tammy Faye Messner musical, Death Becomes Her, and a reading of Soapdish? Did she do a reading Dolly Parton bio musical? I'm sure there is a lot more that she has been attached too in the last ten years.

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Sep 29 2019, 03:54:59 PM

Hoping for some diversity in the principle cast. 

Falsettos in London premiere controversy  Aug 25 2019, 01:35:55 AM

Not that it matters but how many Jewish cast members were in the most recent bway revival, one? 

Casting What Could Have Beens  Jul 30 2019, 11:15:39 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "
With Betsy Wolfe in Carousel, no reason ever became public though, right? Basically, Scott Rudin just woke up one day and wanted someone else or something."

Rumor: I believe she had some contractual obligation with Jason Mraz coming into Waitress, rehearsals maybe, and wasn't able to participate in the Carousel pre-broadway lab. Which occurred during the fall before the spring opening. I don't know if the rumors were ever

Casting What Could Have Beens  Jul 30 2019, 12:55:15 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I can't for the life of me remember who it was. But there was a situation in the 90s involvingLes MisandBATBwhere someone was vacation-understudying in one show and then jumped back into their regular track in a differentshowthe next night.So he playedGastonon Sunday, Javert on Tuesday, and he ran into people at the stage door who were like "we've seen your other 2 shows this week! What are you going to be in tomo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You