pixeltracker

Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?

Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?

goodlead
#1Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 1:29pm

I haven't read anything about her for a long time.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 1:31pm

I love her so much.

Broadway61004
#3Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 1:44pm

She's pretty much switched over to film it seems like (at least for now).  She did Richard Jewell and Florence Foster Jenkins and I'm sure some others I'm forgetting.

Damiensta
#4Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 2:05pm

She is a series regular on Amazon Goliath which was renewed for fourth n final season.
Last season she was did couple of episodes on showtime Billions

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 2:20pm

2 of her 3 Broadway shows have been with MTC, so hopefully they’ll be able to get her back soon with a limited run, since she is focusing on film/tv.

TotallyEffed
#6Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 2:36pm

I want to see her in Funny Girl but I know little about her singing abilities. I just adore her.

JVJ93
#7Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/10/20 at 8:09pm

I’d love to see her as Blanche in Streetcar

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#8Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 9:39am

I still want to hear her Dina in The Band's Visit. She only participated in the workshops.

kennedy_rose
#9Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 10:19am

brettarnett said: "I still want to hear her Dina in The Band's Visit. She only participated in the workshops."

I believe it was Ania Bukstein, not Ms. Arianda, who did TBV workshops. Can anyone confirm 100%?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 10:33am

TotallyEffed said: "I want to see her in Funny Girl but I know little about her singing abilities. I just adore her."

Sadly, 35 year old Nina Arianda isn’t a singer therefore nowhere near capable of handling the FUNNY GIRL score.  She’d be perfect if it was a straight play adaptation.  

TotallyEffed
#11Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 11:08am

BrodyFosse123 said: "TotallyEffed said: "I want to see her in Funny Girl but I know little about her singing abilities. I just adore her."

Sadly, 35 year old Nina Arianda isn’t a singer therefore nowhere near capable of handling the FUNNY GIRL score. She’d be perfect if it was a straight play adaptation.
"

She did workshops for The Band’s Visit and the film adaptation of Into the Woods so she must be able to carry a tune. To what extent, I don’t know.

BrodyFosse123
#12Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 11:14am

TotallyEffed said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "TotallyEffed said: "I want to see her in Funny Girl but I know little about her singing abilities. I just adore her."

Sadly, 35 year old Nina Arianda isn’t a singer therefore nowhere near capable of handling the FUNNY GIRL score. She’d be perfect if it was a straight play adaptation.
"

She did workshops forThe Band’s Visit and the film adaptation of Into the Woods soshe must be able to carry a tune. To what extent, I don’t know.
"

She has never sung on a public platform therefore it’s safe to assume her vocals are limited and not at the caliber that FUNNY GIRL requires.  

TotallyEffed
#13Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 11:19am

BrodyFosse123 said:

She has never sung on a public platform therefore it’s safe to assume her vocals are limited and not at the caliber that FUNNY GIRL requires. "

What a stupid thing to suggest.

BrodyFosse123
#14Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 6/11/20 at 11:32am

TotallyEffed said: "BrodyFosse123 said:

She has never sung on a public platform therefore it’s safe to assume her vocals are limited and not at the caliber that FUNNY GIRL requires. "

"

Sweets, if she had a powerhouse singing voice that rocked rafters, you wouldn’t be questioning her singing.  She’s never sung publicly which merits she has zero interest in letting the world know she can sing.  Doing workshops and readings means nothing.  Jennifer Aniston played Roxie Hart at the CHICAGO film adaptation readings.  

BrodyFosse123
Owen22
#16Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 2/10/21 at 9:13am

BrodyFosse123 said: "TotallyEffed said: "BrodyFosse123 said:

"

Sweets, if she had a powerhouse singing voice that rocked rafters, you wouldn’t be questioning her singing. She’s never sung publicly which merits she has zero interest in letting the world know she can sing. Doing workshops and readings means nothing. Jennifer Aniston played Roxie Hart at the CHICAGO film adaptation readings.

"

This is complete bullsh*t.  There are so many actors who have marvelous singing voices that have elected not to do musicals or have never had the occasion to do one.  Yes, a lot of them are film stars, but there have been some notable theatrical stars as well.

I am reminded of the great Brit actor Rory Kinnear. He became famous doing Shakespeare and proved to be one of Britain's current bests.  Years later he played MacHeath in "Threepenny Opera". And showed off an extremely powerful TENOR voice. So good you think he would have lead with that all these years. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#17Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 2/10/21 at 12:33pm

"This is complete bullsh*t. There are so many actors who have marvelous singing voices that have elected not to do musicals or have never had the occasion to do one. Yes, a lot of them are film stars, but there have been some notable theatrical stars as well.

I am reminded of the great Brit actor Rory Kinnear. He became famous doing Shakespeare and proved to be one of Britain's current bests. Years later he played MacHeath in "Threepenny Opera". And showed off an extremely powerful TENOR voice. So good you think he would have lead with that all these years.
"

To throw out another example, I was stunned by how good Jake Gyllenhaal sounded in Sunday in the Park with George. I couldn’t believe he’d been hiding that voice for so long.

I love Nina Arianda. I remember when Venus in Fur was playing, she was being touted as the next Streep. She doesn’t seem to have found her breakout role in film or television yet, though. But I hope she returns to the stage ASAP in another great role.

BrodyFosse123
#18Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 2/10/21 at 12:43pm

Apparently everyone is responding to older discussion unaware of the new info I posted hours ago.

She’s playing Vivian Vance in the upcoming BEING THE RICARDOS.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/j-k-simmons-william-frawley-amazons-lucille-ball-desi-arnaz-pic-being-the-ricardos-1234690543/

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#19Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 2/10/21 at 12:46pm

They are aware, the just surely don't care. It's cute you posted the link AGAIN though. Haha. 

BrodyFosse123
#20Whas has Nina Arianda been doing?
Posted: 2/10/21 at 1:23pm

Sutton Ross said: "They are aware, the just surely don't care. It's cute you posted the link AGAIN though. Haha."

Ouch!  Poor Nina.   frown

Videos