News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kadu335

kadu335 Profile Photo
Member Name: kadu335
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: https://www.facebook.com/KaduDiniz
Blog Address: http://instagram.com/kadudiniz88

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Fair Lady Sydney previews  Sep 9 2016, 10:16:44 AM

SweetLips said: "Thank you thank you Kadu- what a beautiful articulate review--sound is really so important to the overall impact of everything.

That photo 3 from last is my favourite--the contrasts and lighting of the men in black and the colourful gowns and the lines--perfection.

That's what I am here for-to live live theatre through others--so thank you again.

SL.....x
"

Oh, thanks! English is not my 1st language, so I'm gla

My Fair Lady Sydney previews  Sep 8 2016, 09:23:52 PM

Anna_Elizabeth said: "Thank you for posting the promo shots and the review. It looks wonderful. Wish I could fly down to see it."

No problem. I intended to post this earlier, but it was a busy week... I'm glad you liked it!

My Fair Lady Sydney previews  Sep 8 2016, 02:43:15 PM

Some promo shots from the new Brazilian production:

My Fair Lady Sydney previews  Sep 8 2016, 11:27:23 AM

SweetLips said: "Just watched 'snippits' from the Australian production of MFL then across to the Brazilian scenes and my goodness--no comparison---I am off to Brazil !!.

Ms Andrews might have been under instructions to 'do the same as the original' but Brazil seemed to breath new life into this old war horse---and the size of that stage==WOW==!

Can't wait now to read when someone above reports on the actual show.

SL.......x
"

I saw the Brazilian production last friday and the the show is absolutely stunning!

The cast is on fire. Paulo Szot is giving an amazing performance and his acting really surprised me... I've only seen him as Emile De Becque before and he's showing so much more range acting-wise in his performance as Professor Higgins. His vocal performance is outstanding as well (but that's not really a surprise at all). Daniele Nastri was also a delightful Eliza! Talented soprano and great acting as well! Sandro Christopher and Eduardo Amir were also standouts as Pickering and Alfred Doolittle.

The direction is on point. The orchestra sounds great (I wish I knew how big is it, but can't find it... it sounds pretty full though). The sets are pretty grand, especially considering the great stage size at the Santander Theatre, and some of them are breathtaking in person (the only one I didn't like was the outside of Higgins house, but it's barely featured, so it's just me nitpicking). Costumes are gorgeous as well... classic but with some "fresh" (more modern, I guess) twists. One thing that I really NEED to give special praise thought, is for the amazing job done to sound design! It's one aspect that has been bothering me a bit on the last couple of productions I've seen on Broadway, and the work done in this production is as perfect as it can be. The Portuguese adaption seem pretty close (if not all the same) as the one done here in the 60s, and it's a quite good and close translation with a few things I would personally have versioned differently (lol).

Overall, it's a top notch production in my opinion. The audience was sold out, but it's still early on the run... I hope they can stay open for a while (at least longer than We Will Rock You - the previous musical that played at the theater earlier this year)

For some new footage from the show and backstage, there's a good video uploaded on their YouTube Account. (You probably won't understand anything, but there's some nice shots in there! LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGa6Po8gamY

My Fair Lady Sydney previews  Sep 2 2016, 02:18:56 PM

scripps said: "kadu335 said: "Funnily enough, a new production of My Fair Lady just opened this week here in Brazil.

Paulo Szot is playing Professor Higgins. I'm quite excited to see it! (I'm going tomorrow)"

Do come back to this thread and tell us about Paulo's performance!"

I sure will. It's great to see Paulo taking a break from his opera career and doing musical theater again.

Excited for tonight!

Here's a snipped of him doing The Rain In Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLGq8lD7z8

My Fair Lady Sydney previews  Sep 1 2016, 11:01:30 AM

Funnily enough, a new production of My Fair Lady just opened this week here in Brazil.

Paulo Szot is playing Professor Higgins. I'm quite excited to see it! (I'm going tomorrow)

Tony's in light of Orlando shooting.  Jun 12 2016, 01:06:49 PM

People commenting on similar cases are forgetting the Latin Grammy Awards, which were supposed to be held in LA (and broadcast by CBS) on the very same day as the 9/11 attacks in 2001. I remember because I was very excited about it at the time and, as a kid, was very let down that it was cancelled. They eventually presented the awards at a press conference event almost 2 months later.

Thank You for all the Bullsht  Apr 22 2016, 10:53:52 PM

QueenAlice said: "I think Show-Source is a great website (thanks for posting it Kad).

Interesting to look at how mixed the critical reviews are for almost all the new musicals this season (save Hamilton of course), especially since most believe this has been a very strong year for new shows. Like I said earlier, I don't think we can really look to the reviews as a good gage for how the Tony nominations will go.

AMERICAN PSYCHO: 61 (and still adding

Luke Evans & Hugh Jackman Gaston singoff  Mar 20 2016, 10:43:21 AM

I loved Taron Egerton on this... the guy has so much charisma! I'm glad he's getting all this big roles being so new to the industry.

Wicked Brazil Company  Mar 14 2016, 03:38:06 PM

I would love to see Follies being produced here but I'm not sure it would translate well from Brazilian audiences.

I'm really excited about getting to see this production of Wicked, but the T4F website is terrible for getting tickets... they always put me in terrible seats!

There's so many big productions opening this month here in São Paulo! Quite an exciting time of the year for musical lovers... R&H's Cinderella, Wicked, The Full Monty, You're a

Wicked Brazil Company  Mar 9 2016, 08:27:30 PM

Rodrigo_ca, do you know if the production made available on which days Loddi is playing Fyiero? I wanted to see it with him on the role...

Grease Live! Official Thread  Mar 6 2016, 11:39:03 AM

They should've added the Sandra Dee reprise to the digital version of the album as well so everyone outside de US could have access to it as well... bummed

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 25 2016, 06:46:49 PM

^^^

I haven't seen Loddi as Fyiero yet, but he's a much better singer and actor overall. Faro's last musical was Hairspray like 6 years ago... He's probably gonna grow into the role as he goes (hopefully)

And you're right about Totia in Gypsy... And to think she never though about becoming an actress in the first place. She was a dancer and only began acting when she was cast in the original Brazilian production of A Chorus Line in 1982! 

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 25 2016, 02:37:01 PM

rodrigo_ca said: "kadu335, I was completely not aware that she was Mama Rose. I'm crying in a corner right now, for missing it. "

Really?! It wasn't that long ago. It was a Mueller and Boetello production that played both Rio and São Paulo. Totia was great in it!

Rose's Turn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCf5v6d77Ok

Everything’s Coming Up Roses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veTnWbXHXVo

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 25 2016, 01:30:29 PM

Some great quality videos from today's press event, courtesy of Cena Musical:

"What Is This Feeling?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p76cUDdY1iY

"Dancing Through Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XazbfNxF1s

"One Short Day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed52vNpx2VI

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 25 2016, 11:54:38 AM

Evic, I wish I could've seen Totia in NINE... I love her but only have seen her as Mama Rose in Gypsy (back in 2011).

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 25 2016, 08:13:40 AM

A press conference is taken place today at the Renault Theatre... hopefully we'll get some nice videos of the Brazilian cast.

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 18 2016, 04:30:59 PM

Call_Me_Jorge, I don't know really.  Faro is a popular tv actor and singer  and Loddi is mostly a musical theater actor... I guess they wanted a a name in the cast since their 2 leads are "unknown" theater actresses, I just don't get it why they would need an alternate. The only reason I can think of is if Faro has some other tv commitment that would prevent him from doing all performances and they didn't want to lose him.

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 18 2016, 03:07:55 PM

The Brazilian production has just released 4 promotional pictures from the cast as their characters...

- Myra Ruiz as Elphaba (Myra was last seen on stage in the musical NINE)

- Fabi Bang as Glinda (Fabi was last seen on stage in the musical KISS ME KATE)

Jonatas Faro as Fiyero (Jonatas was last seen on stage in the musical HAIRSPRAY)

André Loddi as Fiyero [Alt.] (André was last seen on stage in the musical HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING)

Wicked Brazil Company  Feb 17 2016, 11:54:02 AM

As opening day approaches, everything seems all set at the theatre...

Here's a picture of the actors playing Elphaba, Glinda and Fiyero during rehearsals

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You