News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for windbelle

windbelle Profile Photo
Member Name: windbelle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
 Sep 4 2016, 10:13:12 PM

I was there at the closing too. I've seen this production for a lot of times, and I'd say the closing principal cast is over all the best. John Owen-Jones stands as the best Valjean I've ever seen. 

John Owen Jones in Les Mis
 Mar 19 2016, 07:03:29 PM

He's the best Valjean I've ever seen. I had known his voice for a long time before I saw him in this production, but what touched me most was his acting. Every choice and every detail just felt so right for the character. 

I thought Hayden Tee was great too, although a little overdone for my taste.

New Enjolras in Les Miserables?
 Feb 28 2016, 08:28:47 PM

Oh I didn't like Mark Uhre's Enjolras at all. I saw him in Toronto and thought he was terrible. Jason Forbach is much better IMO. Sadly Jason didn't get promoted. 

The Secret Garden 2016 Concert Presentation
 Feb 22 2016, 02:57:55 AM

I went tonight too. First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the orchestra. It's the first time I heard the score performed live by a full orchestra and it just shows off how beautiful the score is. Sydney Lucas was the star of the night. She gave a flawless performance, although I think she is a little bit older than Mary is supposed to be. The cast were generally pretty strong. I thought and still think Ramin Karimloo is a miscast, but he did a decent job. Cheyenne Jackso

Jan 12 2016, 01:39:58 PM

Well I think you would understand it better if you read the plot of the show. A friend of mine was confused about the ensemble roles, especially Mary's parents. They did do the scenes, but some minor parts for the full show are missing, which could cause some confusion. But still you can follow the main story without any preparation.

I went last night too, and I was literally in tears when Rebecca Luker opened her mouth to sing "How could I ever know". And Gabby is a wonde

Jan 8 2016, 01:13:15 AM

Bradley Dean is playing Archibald in the downtown concert.

http://www.friendsintheater.com/#!current-project/c1cuz 

I'm wondering why they didn't make an announcement. Maybe it's because he is not a big name and the two concerts have already sold out?

Anthony Warlow in Australia' Fiddler on The Roof
 Jan 7 2016, 02:50:55 PM

Oh that is the best "Tradition" video I've seen. I wish I could see it.

Is James Barbour really that good in PHANTOM?
 Jan 3 2016, 10:29:46 PM

I'm a big fan of Barbour's voice, but I think his acting in Phantom was quite bland. I saw him early last year so I don't know how he is doing now.

Next to Normal or Hamilton?
 Dec 25 2015, 11:10:59 AM

I will take Next to Normal. But I agree you can hardly compare these two shows.

Dec 23 2015, 05:52:36 PM

Now I'm really bummed by the casting. Ramin never strikes me as Archie. Even Cheyenne Jackson sounds better as Archie IMHO. Oh well, I'm glad I grabbed one ticket to the downtown one.

John Owen Jones is new Valjean
 Dec 4 2015, 04:33:01 PM

Elfuhbuh said: "Dave19 said: "I agree. I can't listen to it, it makes me feel very uncomfortable, it's just cringeworthy. It's like he is in a constant state of pushing too much, like he has no relax-mode on his vocal chords.Almost hysterical, like a whining hyena. It ruins the whole Phantom Royal Albert Hall dvd for me. There are whole scenes where not 1 note is on key.Now, why do people accept it? I have no idea. Maybe a percentage of peo

LES MIZ Sets Sept. 2016 Broadway Closing Date
 Dec 3 2015, 12:32:50 AM

kec said: "windbelle said: "Overall I like this revival. It's not as great as the original but still enjoyable. And I'm not a fan of Ramin. I don't really care about bringing "something new" to the characters. I just want them to sing well, act well, and be in character, which not many people can handle IMHO. I've seen the revival for a few times and I haven't seen a Valjean I really love, so I'm excited John Owen Jones is taking over and re

LES MIZ Sets Sept. 2016 Broadway Closing Date
 Dec 2 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Overall I like this revival. It's not as great as the original but still enjoyable. And I'm not a fan of Ramin. I don't really care about bringing "something new" to the characters. I just want them to sing well, act well, and be in character, which not many people can handle IMHO. I've seen the revival for a few times and I haven't seen a Valjean I really love, so I'm excited John Owen Jones is taking over and really looking forward to seeing him.

Rebecca Luker Secret Garden
 Oct 13 2015, 08:31:41 PM

Maybe Howard McGillin could reunite with Rebecca Luker?

Oct 10 2015, 03:40:08 PM

StephieElise said: "windbelle said: "I would very much love to see Anthony Warlow in the lead role since he seems to be Lucy Simon's favorite and the show is one of his favorites too. He mentioned he would be happy to do this show in the US again in an interview, I think, but I'm not sure whether he's available at that time. Steven Pasquale, who did a great job in the 2005 concert, would be great too. I'm sure there are a bunch of lyric tenors/baritenors on b

Oct 9 2015, 02:37:01 PM

I would very much love to see Anthony Warlow in the lead role since he seems to be Lucy Simon's favorite and the show is one of his favorites too. He mentioned he would be happy to do this show in the US again in an interview, I think, but I'm not sure whether he's available at that time. Steven Pasquale, who did a great job in the 2005 concert, would be great too. I'm sure there are a bunch of lyric tenors/baritenors on broadway who can do a good job as Archibald, but not Ram

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
 Sep 19 2015, 01:37:09 PM

Well, same here. I didn't plan to see Finding Neverland untill Anthony Warlow stepped in. I thought the show was quite enjoyable, although I could understand why critics might hate it. I'm also interested in Terrence Mann in the role, but since I've already seen it more than once I don't think there's much chance I'll go back to see it just for him.

Sep 17 2015, 05:36:33 PM

Did you read her latest post about Tuck Everlasting? She said at the end "...AND #TerryMann who is joining @neverlandbway very soon!" 

Sep 17 2015, 04:48:00 PM

Carolee Carmello just mentioned in her instagram post Mann was joining Neverland very soon. Looks like it'll come true.

Revivals you would love to see
 Sep 9 2015, 12:10:00 AM

The Secret Garden, please!

Also, City of Angels. I don't mind a transfer of the latest westend production.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You