pixeltracker

LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016

LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 11:46am

Thought I'd start this thread as we head into the home stretch for this production. I was able to see it one final time a couple weeks ago, and the cast is in absolutely fabulous form. Better than the show's opening cast, I might venture to say.

Happy as well that this production will be solidly over 1,000 performances by closing on September 4. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/LES-MISERABLES-Celebrates-1000-Trips-to-the-Barricade-20160814

Anybody else going over the next few weeks?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 11:49am

I haven't seen the show since David Rossmer's first weekend as the new Thénardier, but I agree -- it was in great shape and in a lot of ways was more cohesive than the original revival cast. If there hadn't been a heat wave I probably would've tried to rush it this weekend, even though I hear the lines are absolutely bonkers right now.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Notreallysilent 2
#3LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 11:57am

I saw it a couple weeks ago and it really was in top shape. I really just love this revival of the show. There are so many moments that give me chills. But the rush line has always been pretty crazy especially in the summer, at least in my opinion.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#4LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 12:11pm

I too, love this revival. Sad that this isn't a "permanent" part of Broadway (like Phantom) and the London Les Mis. 

BroadwayConcierge
#5LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 1:08pm

I adored Karimloo and Swenson, but Owen-Jones and Hayden Tee are devastatingly good. And don't get me started on Luff as Fantine. I, too, wish this was a reliable Broadway staple.

Phantom4ever
#6LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 1:44pm

I saw it one last time a few weeks ago and it was gorgeous.  I wonder how long it will be before Broadway gets back its Les Miserables with the revolve. I know it will be decades probably 

PanaroFan111
#7LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 2:01pm

Ive seen Les Mis on Broadway, over 50 times between the original production the revival and this current production, and I must say John Owen Jones and Hayden Tee are the best pair EVER IMO! Ive seen the show at least 10 times since John Owen Jones came from London and I already have 4 tickets to the last performance on Sept 4th, im so excited!!!!!!!! I wonder if they have any special plans :)

brdwybound04
#8LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 2:01pm

I know I'll get "beat up" on here over this comment, but I loved Ramin Karimloo's vocals when I saw it back in 2014, and I really wish they'd have recorded the Broadway revival just to preserve his Tony-nominated take... Yes I know there's countless recordings on this show already, including the 25th anniversary version of which this current revival was just an overextended your stop... But I will forever wish it would have been recorded since the 2006 revival was not preserved.

funhamilton_rent
#9LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/14/16 at 2:28pm

I'm seeing it on Wednesday...it'll be my 1st time seeing the show ever. I've seen the movie, but never the show. Can't wait!

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#10LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 8/15/16 at 6:52am

I highly doubt they will do anything special after the final show.  As we know, they can't go over 3 hours without paying overtime.  Last time the revival closed they did nothing, plus I heard the show may be going back on tour.  I think it will be business as usual with extended applause after each number and a standing ovation after "Bring Him Home" and possibly "Stars".

Either way, I look forward to being there but it will be hard to say goodbye to it again.

I'm also glad that Hayden stayed with the show until closing.  I thought his run would have been shorter.

BroadwayConcierge
#11LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 11:31am

Closing tomorrow! Anybody going to the final three performances?

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#12LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 12:26pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Closing tomorrow! Anybody going to the final three performances?

"

I am! and I'm both excited and depressed.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#13LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 12:28pm

5 or 6 recordings of the same shows score is more than enough. Many shows do not even get one. Saw it with him , Yes he was good but we do not even listen to the ones we have. It would have been nice to see the last show but the prices were out of line for us so we passed.

Poster Emeritus

BroadwayConcierge
#14LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 12:30pm

Wow. It looks like with the exception of 3 or 4 center orch premium seats left for tonight's show and tomorrow's matinee, the final three performances are completely sold out.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#15LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 12:33pm

It will be quite awhile before this is revived again. Ditto for Fiddler

Poster Emeritus

PanaroFan111
#16LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 1:13pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Closing tomorrow! Anybody going to the final three performances?

"I will be at the closing performance tomorrow at 3pm. I got 4 discounted tickets the day after they announced the closing before they put a block on that performance :) its my Dads favorite show and tomorrow happens to be his birthday, so I know of any greater gift to give him.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#17LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/3/16 at 1:25pm

I loved this production and I am so grateful to have gotten to see it over the past two and a half years as much as I have and see so many of the wonderfully talented men and women of the barricade. I saw the show on Tuesday night one last time, and to hear the audience so enthralled and enthusiastic made me so happy to see the show go out on a high. I'm sad I won't be able to attend closing due to my own lapse in judgement about buying a ticket when I had the chance, but I'm so glad to see this production close on such a high note. I'll definitely be seeing the subsequent tour when it launches in the fall of 2017, but I am so glad to have had this production on Broadway for the last two and a half years.  

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Petrichor
#18LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/4/16 at 7:59am

So glad I was finally able to see Les Miserables. Brennyn Lark as Eponine was fantastic. Everyone was! I agree it should have been a 'permanent' Broadway show like TLK and Phantom are.

thedrybandit
#19LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/4/16 at 2:46pm

I actually saw it twice in the last few weeks, since I have no idea when it will be back, and once I saw John as Valjean, I needed to see him again. He brings so much to that role that the five or so other Valjeans I've seen just don't compare. I also got the bonus of seeing what was likely Matt Rossell's final performance as Marius in this production, and he was great as always. Love his Marius. There were a few small issues with the sound system, and it seems as though they've cut down on dry ice, which completely exposes the device they use to create Javert's suicide effect but otherwise the show was in top form and it's getting the sendoff it deserves. I'm definitely going to miss this production.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#20LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/4/16 at 7:24pm

Was there today at closing.

The audience was very supportive & applauded throughout, including some random spots like Chris' entrance as Marius  (no one else got one). John's "Bring Him Home" brought down the house & the applause seemed to have lasted at at least 3 minutes. The audience was already giving a standing ovation basically when the entire ensemble came out to sing during the epilogue. 

No speeches but they included the swings during part of the barricade & during the epilogue.

windbelle Profile Photo
windbelle
#21LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/4/16 at 10:13pm

I was there at the closing too. I've seen this production for a lot of times, and I'd say the closing principal cast is over all the best. John Owen-Jones stands as the best Valjean I've ever seen. 

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#22LES MIZ Final Weeks on Broadway 2016
Posted: 9/5/16 at 1:41pm

I'm happy I got to see this production twice during this run.  Despite the criticism, I enjoyed it very much and feel Le Miz should never go too long between productions on Broadway.  It is such a classic and should be enjoyed by new generations of theatre goers.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.